Deus Ex mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I forgot to mention the high jump in the readme. It's executed by jumping just after releasing the crouch key.
edit: I also forgot to mention that the combat knife is thrown when dropped at Trained or bettter.
edit: Oi, I keep remembering things that the user wouldn't be able to figure out just by observation that I failed to mention. Crouching with a rifle or heavy weapon reduces recoil and increases it's standing accuracy bonus more quickly ('nother edit: it also reduces scope view waver).
edit: An aug canister containing an aug you already have installed can be used to upgrade that aug. A medbot is still needed for this.
edit: Charged items can be deactivated. Ballistic armor and hazmat suit charges are reduced based on relevant damage taken as opposed to idle use.

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Make a list, and put it in the readme.

So far, I really like. But the standing view waver seems way to high. Also for some unknown reason you can reload when you dont have any spare ammo, or when the mag is full.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've already added everything in my previous post to the readme. I'll do the same with anything else I think of, if I do think of anything else.

What do you mean by the standing waver is too high? The breathe effect causes your view to bob to far? The glancing around moves your view too far? The amount of time you have to be idle before glancing around is too short?

You could reload when it would accomplish nothing in the original. Pointless, really, but realistic. I kinda like idly reloading while there are no enemies around. :b But it's annoying for weapons like the GEP gun that don't actually show if the clip is full, and you end up wasting a long reload time redundantly reloading. So perhaps I'll get rid of it.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
It should return your view to the center after a few seconds, unless you interrupt it. Then start moving again after a few more seconds, then return again, and so on.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Thought of another thing for the readme: damage dealt is converted to a number of skill points that go toward the next skill level of the weapon used.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Yup, but EMP nades dont seem to help any.

I think this mod makes the game so much better.

Im a killing machine this time around using an upgraded pistol. Sadly when I got caught, I didnt get my upgraded sniper back, but thats no prob. Is that conc blast aug new? I just got that, havent used it yet. I have found no show stopper bugs yet. The new little things like throwing the knife, and getting it bloddy are great.

I will report backin when I have more to say.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The skill point bonus only checks Health of pawns, not the EMP points of bots. It may be reasonable to change that.
The conc blast is new. It replaces one of the damage protection augs that I merged with one of the others.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Ok Minor issues

Auto reload seems broken.
Autorun disabled/enabled option is switched.
When you enter/exit a level, youre laser sight dot still stays on the walls/doors

Now on little stuff. Ditto on the EMP, what about gas nades, I use those a ton. Im about half way though the game and its saying Ive done less then 100 points of demo damage.
Love the vision augment. Consider on the nv-binos and the vision aug to make pickups glow. That would help you find hidden areas/doors.

Why can I raise clip sizes over 50 percent? I got like 3 clip upgrades and I got my 10mm pistol up to 11, I want more shots!(I know thats game default, but I want it changed)

I like youre augs so much better then the stock ones.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Someone at DXE's mentioned the autoreload thing. They also managed to have -2 shots in the assault rifle clip when selecting it once.

What do you mean the autorun is switched?

With the laser sight, do you mean the dot stops updating it's position when you change levels?

I think you're right about the gas 'nades, making use of them should naturally increase your skill with them.

The only reason the 50% upgrade cap is there is because that's how it was originally. I'll have to think about the implications of increasing or removing the cap before changing it.

Does that mean you're diggin' the conc blast? I just thought of something; I should mention in the readme that the spydrone can frob stuff.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Conc blast is sweet, and I still havent used it past lvl 2

For me, somehow, the autorun disable/enable button works the other way round.

I really want to use more clip upgrades. After the 2nd mission, LAMS, and the Pistol are the only weapons I really use.

Oh, what are the summons for the new augs?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Wait, you mean you run when autorun is disabled in the menu, and walk when autorun is enabled in the menu? I haven't touched anything relating to autorun. I'll see what I can find, though.

Augs aren't summoned. You can summon a cannister, but it won't be set up to contain any augs. There's an "augadd" console command. I haven't added or removed any augs, just changed them. So "augcombat" is the new electrostatic discharge, "augmuscle" is the new microfibral muscle deal, etc. I'll get a list of names to use with the console command and what the real aug is later.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
AugCombat is electrostatic discharge
AugEMP is the new energy shield
AugShield is the concussive blast
I blieve the others are the same.