WapBU - BeyondUnreal On Your Phone/PDA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
BeyondUnreal is proud to launch WapBU, our new mobile service which allows BU readers to keep up with the latest Unreal news and discussions from anywhere in the world via a WAP-compatible phone or PDA. WapBU allows you to view the latest news items posted on BeyondUnreal, or even search through the past three years' worth of news archives. A cut-down version of the BeyondUnreal forums is also available on WapBU, although we recommend using a PDA rather than a phone for forum browsing.

To view WapBU, all you need is a WAP/WML compatible mobile device (that's pretty much every cellphone and PDA with online functionality). Just point your WAP browser to http://wap.beyondunreal.com/ to begin.

Mozilla and Firefox users can preview WapBU by visiting http://wap.beyondunreal.com/ after installing the wmlbrowser extension.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Shouldn't you be able to do that easily using RSS and something like AJAX (probably don't even need a full fledge AJAX solution)?

The Jackal-XMP said:
LOL forums on a 2" screen LOL :lol: It would be cool if there was a BUStream. A streaming tool bar like thingy that gives the updates, times, and what was on the update.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Selerox said:
"The design still SUCKS. Dump it."

Y'know what, it'll still look better than the current BU front page.

It's a nice feature though :tup:

Having made your opinion known again and again - and again - about the current design (even though it's easier on the eyes and doesn't actually look that bad), maybe you could stop bringing it up in every topic of conversation that is remotely linked to the site.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
Selerox said:
Y'know what, it'll still look better than the current BU front page.

It's a nice feature though :tup:
Suggestions, perhaps? Saying something sucks doesn't tend to help development much. Kinda like bashing the main page. Ah well.

I'll look when I get the chance. As of now, class calls.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Iceboy2003 said:
Shouldn't you be able to do that easily using RSS and something like AJAX (probably don't even need a full fledge AJAX solution)?
I could have sworn BU had an RSS feed but for the life of me I can't find any clickies that take me there.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I've already been through why.

Synastren said:
Suggestions, perhaps? Saying something sucks doesn't tend to help development much. Kinda like bashing the main page. Ah well.

Liquid Classic. Once that's in as the default I'll shut up. Until then, it's open season on the "My First Gaming Website" POS design we have now.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Deapblade said:
The site has RSS feed. Just go to www.beyondunreal.com and rightclick on the orange RSS button (right under the screen).
You must be thinking of your browser window, which likely has such a button embedded (esp. if Firefox is your browser of choice). This button does not exist on the front page. I just always thought there was a link that took you there, or some other relevant information that indicated our feed was active.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Selerox said:
Liquid Classic. Once that's in as the default I'll shut up. Until then, it's open season on the "My First Gaming Website" POS design we have now.
If the smell of dead horse becomes any stronger I believe I'm going to be sick.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
You can find the link to the RSS feed by searching for "RSS" in the news archive. It really was a pain to find the RSS link for my Custom Google homepage... I expected more from you guys :-\

W0RF said:
You must be thinking of your browser window, which likely has such a button embedded (esp. if Firefox is your browser of choice). This button does not exist on the front page. I just always thought there was a link that took you there, or some other relevant information that indicated our feed was active.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Iceboy2003 said:
You can find the link to the RSS feed by searching for "RSS" in the news archive. It really was a pain to find the RSS link for my Custom Google homepage... I expected more from you guys :-\
I think it was just an oversight in the new page design. I'm 98% certain it was there at one point in time.

As one last gentle nudge to have someone take a look at this issue, I'll post the RSS feed link here so that people will know that there IS in fact a BU feed to which they can subscribe:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/news.rdf