where is this advancing realism taking us?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trebux

Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
Starting with the Voodoo chip by 3dfx, "realistic" 3Dimensional graphics started. Then came Nvidia, then PIII and Athlons 1GHZ....now GeForce 2 and upcoming Voodoo5.

Now, where is this increasing "realism" taking us, as in the future? Is this realism going to advance to the point where computer pumps out scenes like its from a movie? And we would be controlling a really really real looking person, almost like an actor, through the game? We would have blood spills like its from real life?

ehhh crap. I would really not like that. What fun is it when your game looks like an interactive movie with your controllable actor?ewwww....

I am sorta confused over here. I am not sure how "realistic" games would get. You know that the typical world is not so pleasing to the eyes, nor fun.

------------------
I want to see YOU snipe a moving target with a 56K connection!

Consider yourself Un-Godlike if you can do it.