Terrain editing problems....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-KoW-S-Xisle

Aug 11, 2005
Before I begin I am quite a bit new to Unrealed. I use unrealed 3.0 and I'm having problems using the terrain editor. I can make the terrain completely visible and everything, but the only tool that will work for me is the terrain generation tool. Whenever I try to use the Paint or the flatten tool(or almost any other tool) nothing happens. What I do is I click on the paint tool, hold control and click on the terrain, and nothing happens. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

Last edited:

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
only thing i can think is that you didn't have the terrain layer selected in the terrain tool. ie, not deco or texture layer.
i know it's obvious but it's caught me out a few times: it must be highlighted.
as usual with selecting or funny problems, check all your detail settings esp antialiasing are turned down on your graphics card, especially if it's ati.

ace_012

Aug 19, 2005
If your trying to generate terrain ramdomly, then make sure you have the "Select" tool selected then generate it. As for the other stuff, make sure you have ever made properly and so forth and so on, sorry if that wasn't any help :(

-KoW-S-Xisle

Aug 11, 2005
lol yea that wasn't really n e help I already did all that lol I'll retry one last time n take ur advice on making sure I did everything right... even tho I'm already 100% sure I did it all right...

-KoW-S-Xisle

Aug 11, 2005
actually yea lol it did help I re-went through the tutorial, and I found out I forgot to select it in the heightmap info... in the first place I never knew that u COULD select that... thx lol