PDA

View Full Version : Beta 2 kick out

=OSS*Pendamonium=
17th Aug 2005, 10:47 AM
Hey all...long time viewer/player...first time poster.

Listen. Been out of the loop for a while so forgive if this has been covered. I did look for a thread on this but didn't see anything.

I loaded up Beta 2 last night just to see how she worked. I found only a few maps (just read the fix on that one) but decided to just play in a few maps anyway. wanted to see how it looked and ran.

First off....DAMN GOOD JOB!!!! Looks great. Here's the kicker...and I mean that litterally. I was in my 3rd map (about 35 minutes) when the game just locked up. I was driving a raptor and she just froze to the point my machine had a fit and rebooted itself. I had launched off a restart of the computer so I don't think that was the huge error.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Keep up the work on this one. Spread the word. I LOVE THIS MOD!!!

GotBeer?
17th Aug 2005, 11:54 AM
You use Windows, right? That alone answers @ 95% of all questions. Honestly, I think it was probably just a random fit. No one else has reported that problem (I don't think). Hell, 2 wks ago my comp froze while in UTXMP, but when I rebooted I found out it was my video card's fault.
It could also be that I'm wrong, and someone will be correcting me shortly.
Just keep playing and supporting this game!

=OSS*Pendamonium=
17th Aug 2005, 12:10 PM
could be rabbitt....could be....

Trying to get the OSS Clan back into playing regularly. We used to play every saturday night.

Anyone else out there playing at a "Regular" time?

P

Naib
17th Aug 2005, 03:21 PM
As gotbeer said, could just be a random lockup. Just keep playing, and see if it happens again.

Does normal UT2004 lockup on you?

GotBeer?
18th Aug 2005, 08:23 AM
Anyone else out there playing at a "Regular" time?

PIf you consider 10pm Central time "Regular". That's when the wife heads off to work and the kid goes to bed. And I hop between U2 and UT on different nights.

=OSS*Pendamonium=
18th Aug 2005, 11:04 AM
A) UT 2004 doesn't lock up at all....

B) By usual I mean that OSS usually will play (As a group) on saturday nights around 10 est. If you're on every night after 10....I'll start looking for ya.

although I am going on vacation for a week starting this saturday.

P

AshTrai
18th Aug 2005, 02:28 PM
Check for an over heating gfx card. The symtoms u say mirror what happened to me a while ago (was in ut2003 in fact).