Resource/setting problems in UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phantom24

Jun 7, 2005
Having some problems with UnrealEd where I haven't used it in a few weeks, but I'm trying to work on some older maps and it almost seems like something sucks up resources trying to get anything to work in the editor. And when I start a map from scratch, and I run the log to see what's going on, when I click either mouse button, instead of selecting the surface I want to work with, the log shows Jump/fire, which are my buttons for IN GAME!?!?!
I don't have real time preview going on, and Task Manager says my CPU usage is REAL low so I know there's now other programs running in the background.....
Something tells me this is just some stupid setting, but I didn't know Ed had anything that was stored between uses.....

Any ideas?? Need to get some of these maps done.....

Thanks !!

:mad:

Phantom24

Jun 7, 2005
Corrupted texture the problem??

Also noticed that when trying to make a new map, it won't let me select the texure I'm trying to, always one or two away....using even default textures!

Even though I have no problems running the game itself....could it possibly be that I have a corrupted texture? And do these kind of get loaded when just starting up UnrealEd??

Phantom24

Jun 7, 2005
Just to get the stupid question out of the way....in case UnrelEd is corrupted, is there a way to install over itself, or do I have to mess with reinstalling the whole game itself?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Heh?

First of all, make sure you have the latest patch and retail game. If you don't , do it now.

If you have them, try reinstalling the game. once it's reinstalled, then you could copy the system folder and put it in a safe place, so if any **** happen again you just need to overwhrite the system files by the safe ones.

GIBson3

Dec 12, 2000
The web
Visit site
As for the "the log shows Jump/fire" part, that's the "norm" with UED, nothing to worry about there, it's just the name associated with that button in the engine, and you are loading an instance of the engine everytime you run UED... In hte Task manager what amount of Memory is your UED process taking?

Phantom24

Jun 7, 2005
Holy cow !

That did the trick!! Item selection is working again, and brushes move just like I need them.

Not sure when I turned that on.....never would have thought to check that!

That's the 2nd time you saved my butt.....thanks Angel !!

:-D