Bargain Alert: Unreal Championship 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The Frugal Gamer is reporting that Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) can be picked up at Electronic Boutique for a mere $19.99. Further research confirms that this deal is available at their online store as well.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dang! I just barely bought it a few weeks ago for $28 on eBay....

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
that's 'cause this game is full of bugs. UC2 is a house of a thousand corpses. They figure its cheaper to make the game a "bargain game" than to fix it so it works right. Too bad, 'cause this could've been a cool game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
hurrrrrrrrrrrr

It is a cool game. Most of the problems it has are in relation to Xbox Live, not the Single Player.

That said, they've already announced a patch and relative release date along with a changelist. I think Patch#1 is going to fix pretty much everyone's complaints.

At any rate, most Unreal Engine games on all platforms in recent years have had a steady and relatively fast price decline. I think that's Epic's doing more than the state of sales.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Now if only the XBox would drop in price, and i'd be quite happy.

Also, this isn't surprising since the latest Midway financial report stated that UC2 sales were below expectations.

U

Unregistered

With tax and s/h it was $24. Still better than $50 new. You can get a used X-Box at EB for $120... But you may want to save that and put it towards the 360 later this fall... :)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
No it's not worthless, i don't have live and i've barely scratched the surface. I've picked up some characters and opened some new challenges.

Not even boosted the skill level beyond 'low' and there's still split screen and system link ;)