PDA

View Full Version : JB-NaliAfterlife III

Vatcilli zeitchef
9th Aug 2005, 03:32 AM
Though It seems there are not much players still looking for UT99 JB maps I decided my (probably last) ut99 map will be a JB (JB-NaliAfterlife)
It will come in a church theme with some nali flavor in it.
I know I posted this already but It seemed no one saw it.
(or cared about it) probably the last thing. Anyway the sreenies are on ther way!

Vatcilli zeitchef
9th Aug 2005, 03:42 AM
Here are the shots

Shot1: The blue base. Simulair to red so a screen of that is not needed
(it is in my old thread anyway)

shot2: I found the normal death when falling so dull so I added my own flavour to it:D

Shot3: What would the world be without sky?

Pease tell me what you think of these shots (if you guys like it I might make a ut2004 conversion for it!

Vatcilli zeitchef
9th Aug 2005, 03:07 PM
I'm working on the center (wich is starting to look like face)
and I was wndering Should or shouldn't I place a Healthkeg and a damage amp in the center?

CycLon.NL
9th Aug 2005, 03:13 PM
That depends on what kind of gameplay you are expecting ;) Do some only beta-testing with some mates :)

Spudsy
9th Aug 2005, 04:32 PM
Wow, the map looks great dude, and damn man don't Triple Post.

CycLon.NL
10th Aug 2005, 07:36 AM
Screenshot1: Looks quite alright
Screenshot2: A bit dark, there isn't much to see
Screenshot3: Nice, but I think the moon is just a bit too big.

Show us some more screenshots if you made any progress!

Keep up the good work :)

Vatcilli zeitchef
10th Aug 2005, 11:02 AM
The dark thing is suppose to be like this (it will be the last thing you see before you come to your crushing end:p) But anyway I increased the light and the camera position. thanks for mentioning.

Scaled the moon down just a bit (the worst problem was the fog texture overlapping the moon)

New shots comming up! (yeah spudsy in this post)

___________Edit____________
Here are the screenies

Shot1:The center of the field, Players can co either via one of the two paths
(a thick one with the healthkeg or a less thick one with the eightball)
Or via the teleportes over the bridge.

Shot2: The entreance to the red base.
There is one bsp cut here but it is only visible in spectator mode.
I'll try to remove it and then make it a real JB
(I always test the AI in boring CTF)

---- Yet annother Edit----
Oops wrong pic1 I'll fix that

Vatcilli zeitchef
11th Aug 2005, 02:34 AM
I hate to post double while is told not to do this but that happens if there is so little interest
I wanted to ask you guys Do I need to put the selection weight at an alternate path higher or lower to give bots more interest taking that path?

Spudsy
11th Aug 2005, 12:10 PM
I hate to post double while is told not to do this but that happens if there is so little interest
I wanted to ask you guys Do I need to put the selection weight at an alternate path higher or lower to give bots more interest taking that path?

Than edit it into your previous one.

CoolDude
12th Aug 2005, 04:49 AM
Do I need to put the selection weight at an alternate path higher or lower to give bots more interest taking that path?The higher the SelectionWeight, the more chance the bots will take that route.
Keep in mind that the TeamColor in the AlternatePath (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/AlternatePath)is not the colour of the bots attacking, it's the color of the base to attack.

What I normally did was put an AlternatePath node on every entrance of the base (if RedBase then TeamColor=0), starting of with SelectionWeight=1. Then slowly turning up the Selection Weights of the paths which the bots don't use. You can have the strangest value's for this SelectionWeights, sometimes 5 or 10 is sufficient, 500 could do, 10000 perhaps? I never did understand the AlternatePath code.

Later on, if needed, I did put some AlternatePath nodes in the middle, the same way as described above.

It's just a matter of doing a lot of bottesting, BotWatcher (http://osx.beyondunreal.com/mutators/botwatcher.zip) or MindReader (http://osx.beyondunreal.com/mutators/mindreader.zip) (can't remember which one exactly) always can be a great help here.

And Spuds, stop buggin' these guys ;)

Vatcilli zeitchef
12th Aug 2005, 06:28 AM
Ok here is the first beta release of my map It has the Jails, Release swith, Arena and (yet half working) execution in it. I'm working on the escape route and the mapbanner.
One request: Could someone please dive into the editor and tell me what the problem is with the Compass?

I removed this link 'couse It did not work look for the (Hopefully) working one in my post below

CoolDude
12th Aug 2005, 06:53 AM
http://srv9.qfile.de/free/2516372/62decd0bef45773276f1da979e424233/JB-NaliAfterlifeBETA1.zipWhen attempting to download it, I get this message:Your ticket ip does not match your current IP (xxx.xxx.xx.xxx).
Please don't use proxy servers. Only for AOL customers: Please don't use the AOL Broser. [1107]
Invalid download ticket. [1100]But then I'm not at home atm, so I don't know what exactly is in between here. I will try again tonight.

Vatcilli zeitchef
12th Aug 2005, 07:13 AM
I see your problem. The download mirror seems wrong I'll change that

http://www.qfile.de/dl/161846/JB-NaliAfterlifeBETA1.zip.html

this one should work Just choose the free download and go to ''your download''
at the bottom of the next page

Sexmachine
12th Aug 2005, 03:15 PM
My first impression: Nice! I might do some serious testing the other day. Keep it coming!

Hans Oberlander
13th Aug 2005, 12:52 AM
I'll test it in a bit.

Vatcilli zeitchef
13th Aug 2005, 04:01 PM
Finished the MapBanner, But I'm not sure about the escape route.
how many people use them anyway.
But erm... if I don't the jail will be really boring I may think about asking Usaarj for his pong script:D

Anyway the mapbanner + some shots of the execution below to give you an Idea of the new things.

Pic 1: JB-NaliAterlife's SkinmapBanner (for the ones who don't do UT99 JB editing this is the small pic that pops up in the place of the UTJB2004 panorama map)

Pic 2: the begin of the execution. Gas flows into the jails. Hehe it does not hurt a bit!:p

Pic 3: Balls of fire turn the gas into a sea of flames.
arrg It burns! it burns! ah ah aaaahhh!:eek:

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Aug 2005, 07:44 AM
Hehe sorry my post above got a bit spammy.
I'm finishing the escape route. Pics and new beta comming up soon

CycLon.NL
14th Aug 2005, 08:21 AM
Ahh.. sweet a beta version, gonna check it out :)

EDIT:
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'CrokxDeco'

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Aug 2005, 08:30 AM
Sorry thought I put that in the MyLevel package
here it is.

you can also wait a minute till the new beta Where I'll fix that bug.

CycLon.NL
14th Aug 2005, 08:36 AM
Well... it's only 2.1 kilobytes isn't it? ;)

EDIT: Looks nice overall especially the terrain is awesome. I just think the clouds move a little too fast, but that's just my kind of tast. I haven't played JB online yet so I can't really judge about what the gameplay will be like :p

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Aug 2005, 08:59 AM
Only adding the doors to the escape route and then I'm done
Anyone in for online testing?
Have some nice mutators that should work with this.....
Dark magic maybe:lol:?

----Edit----

A shot of the escape, It includes crushing doors and a lavabridge surrounded with turrets.
The doors do not work completely yet, needs some tweaking

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Aug 2005, 09:51 AM
Ok here is the beta2

Fixes since beta1
1 (partially) fixed execution.
2 added a MapBanner.
3 Added an escape route.
4 Enhanced the StayOpenTime for the release movers
5 Bots now sometimes take a different route
6 The compass is fixed (I hope)
7 The Croxdeco pack is now in the MyLevel file

If there are no real bugs here I'll upload the final version with some more finetuning (this includes the skybox pan speed) and hopefully some enhanced AI.

Vatcilli zeitchef
14th Aug 2005, 10:08 AM
I deleted the link becouse the playerstarts suddenly are fu..ed up
I'll put it back soon.

-----Edit

@spudsy: Yes I know triple posts, Just had to save you guys from staring a match in jail exept of the field

Edit2-----

I tried to get used to Ued3 a bit but it crashes as soon as I do anything at all:eek:
It seems I won't be making any UT2004 maps soon:(

Any way I uploaded my (final release) map to nalicity and will show up in the map hub soon.
It's there! http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8689 Please check it out.