PDA

View Full Version : Shared jails

tarquin
8th Aug 2005, 06:54 AM
How many maps have been released with shared jails?

How did they solve the problem of releasing only one team? Should we add an explanation of how to do it to the JDN?

Vatcilli zeitchef
8th Aug 2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Hey Tarquin, found a bug in the shared jails! Check out my Thread.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=162598

G.Lecter
8th Aug 2005, 12:41 PM
How many maps have been released with shared jails?Zero I think. JB-Egypt is the only one I know and it's still in Beta... :rolleyes:
How did they solve the problem of releasing only one team? Should we add an explanation of how to do it to the JDN?Team-specific killvolumes or something similar... ;)

Vatcilli zeitchef
8th Aug 2005, 12:45 PM
It was a team specific blocking volume if I recall,
anyway do the authors know about the flaws?

The_Head
15th Aug 2005, 01:49 PM
Zero I think. JB-Egypt is the only one I know and it's still in Beta... :rolleyes:

I'm Back from Spain now!
SO will get around to finishing it.

Hans Oberlander
15th Aug 2005, 01:58 PM
Good luck dude

u can change the thing under ur sig then haha

Jrubzjeknf
15th Aug 2005, 03:01 PM
It's TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume. ;) Wanted to make a TSBlockingVolume, but players are blocked because they're a pawn, thus letting one team enter the volume and the other not is impossible.

The_Head
15th Aug 2005, 05:53 PM
^^ as Nova said. But with the physics volume you can set it as solid I think. But it looks much cooler having them explode :)

Vatcilli zeitchef
15th Aug 2005, 06:04 PM
OR, kicked back, or Incinerated, Or frozen, Or..... Never mind

Jrubzjeknf
16th Aug 2005, 04:53 AM
Well, if the DamageType freezes you, you might even be able to do that. I'm not sure how the freezing works though.

Vatcilli zeitchef
16th Aug 2005, 07:04 AM
Take some of the script of JB-executionFreeze if you like to try it

Jrubzjeknf
16th Aug 2005, 04:19 PM
well, if the damagetype can freeze you, you can just load the JBExecutionFreeze.u (or whatever it's called) file, then select the DamageType in your TSPhysicsVolume.

Now all we need to do is spawn a wintercoat for the other team when they enter it :lol:

Vatcilli zeitchef
17th Aug 2005, 05:09 PM
lol Wintercoat.
It is just that I think it looks weird seing other players explode without a visible reason.

Jrubzjeknf
18th Aug 2005, 02:39 AM
well, if blue people shouldn't enter that volume, you can perhaps make the walls within the volume completely red. And when a blue guy enters the volume, he doesnt only get killed, but he can get a 'you shouldnt be here'-message, an error sound and a flashing screen. Imo that's enough indication the blue guy shouldnt be there ^^

The_Head
18th Aug 2005, 04:38 AM
The final version of egypt will have some sort of lazer screen type thing coloured in whatever team can escape. Won't actually be a lazer, may not fit in with the egyptian theme :p
Must remember to update to the newest version of the teamspecific actors when I next have UED open.