PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be released - CTF-StargateSG1

Couchman
5th Aug 2005, 03:45 PM
Ok, i did a search and this should be the first Stargate map for UT2004, i didnt make the alien base egyptian, instead i made one of my own design, when you go into the stargate you get blasted into the wormhole passage and fly out on the otherside, its really cool! the level looks good so far and will be released within 7 days i hope

i have some screenshots tell me what you think

Nemezis
26th Aug 2005, 01:03 PM
The stargate looks cool, so the rest of the map.

Just for curiosity, I have done a map for UT 99, CTF-Stargate R3 (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6799) (after the 1st version, with a few tweaks and changes), and I'm couting on making a 2004 version of it. Not with the wormhole like your's, but with transport rings (like those on the tv series; I have made he same effect on the '99 map).

Note: the stargate should have 7 main point all over the metalic ring; your's only have 4. (of course, each one keeps the level of creativity and realism to themselves, and I may be wrong, of course)

Keep up the work :D

Couchman
27th Aug 2005, 09:04 PM
i couldnt get a static mesh with seven cheverons so i used a egyption mesh called "notastargate"...it was released last week or so, try it out, you should make a stargate map too, there fun

Nemezis
28th Aug 2005, 09:30 AM
why don't make a 7 cheverons satargate? :D
i will, if i make a 2004 version of my map :lol:

Couchman
28th Aug 2005, 10:37 AM
i didnt have a static mesh...and i didnt want to make a brush because it wouldnt have looked as nice and i didnt know how to go about doing it, but im looking forward to see if you come up with anything good :)

Nemezis
28th Aug 2005, 10:48 AM
well... if i make someting, it won't be tomorrow... i must finish my actual map, its almost done, fourtunately :lol:

when i make a stargate, maybe i share it with you if you like, but as i said, i have nothing done it that map, unless a mental plan, and the '99 version of it.

thanks for the support :)

Couchman
28th Aug 2005, 09:13 PM
then ill keep an eye out in the future