Is there a mod in need of a mapper?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
I've been looking at UEd for a while now and been getting better at it, and wondering if there was a Mod that needed a decent mapper. I'm not the best but im preety darn good. I havent gotten into making my own static meshes and all that yet but as of right now im looking into that and learning about it. So here are some pictues of some of the maps i made. (These maps have been made for Frag.Ops)(I am really good with movers)(The one with the trains- When you shoot them they move on the railings and kill if someone is in front of them. One with Sewer- The lights move side to side. The one with all the tress- The Boats move when u get on them.)

sfadsfds7dz.jpg

sdfdsdsfdsfdsafdsfadsfsaffdsfd.jpg

fdsf8ws.jpg

dsffdsfdsfdsdfdfdfsd7fy.jpg

dsfdsfdsfsf8ba.jpg

Those i didnt scale the terrain yet.
sewer15wh.jpg

sewer28qe.jpg

sewer32kb.jpg

sewer47de.jpg

made the sewer on that one. my buddy made the map.
screenshot004465mp.jpg

screenshot004590or.jpg

screenshot004579kl.jpg

screenshot004585tm.jpg

screenshot004521nj.jpg

screenshot004491fm.jpg

eliot

Jul 12, 2005
hm swampfox i dont think u find anyone that would want you to join ther mod :rolleyes:

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Well, if you're a mapper in-training looking for a Mod,
how about a Mod in-progress?

Actually, it's a Mutator for 2k4. But, one good map to
show off the Mutator would be more than welcome.

Any theme, any environment (perhaps space is undesirable),
as long as it can accomodate Giant players. So, think
outdoors. Perhaps some buildings. Not too many narrow
paths. Vehicles.

See The Giant Mutator (A community project) for more.

Last edited:

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Sorry for the late reply.
To answer your questions:
1) It's for UT2004.
2) It's a Mutator in progress ATM.
3) The first map should fit the requirements I outline in my post above, but beyond that it would be up to you, as mapper.
And for more information, please
see the thread I link to in my post
above. Thanks.

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
ok...i'll try and transfer that map into a UT2004 map but i havent mad ANY UT2004 maps those are Frag.Ops maps (UT2004 Mod Conservation)...but i'll get it going and email it to yah

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
SwampF0x said:
ok...i'll try and transfer that map into a UT2004 map but i havent mad ANY UT2004 maps those are Frag.Ops maps (UT2004 Mod Conservation)...but i'll get it going and email it to yah
I guess there's been some miscommunication somewhere.
I thought you were a mapper looking to map for a Mod (or Mut). Looking for a team to map for, no?
I was suggesting you join the team by following the link I provided and make a map that would show off the Mutator we're trying to do. If you were a mapper looking for a project, I was trying to provide the project to map for.
I'm not sure a map that is converted from a full Mod would be appropriate in this particular case. Please don't email me a map, my dial-up would choke. :D
But, thank you anyway.

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
SuperApe said:
I thought you were a mapper looking to map for a Mod (or Mut). Looking for a team to map for, no?
I was suggesting you join the team by following the link I provided and make a map that would show off the Mutator we're trying to do. If you were a mapper looking for a project, I was trying to provide the project to map for.
I'm not sure a map that is converted from a full Mod would be appropriate in this particular case. Please don't email me a map, my dial-up would choke. :D
But, thank you anyway.

I'll make one for yah man. I was just wondering if that first map that u saw would work.

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
SuperApe said:
But, thank you anyway.

I'll make one for yah man. I was just wondering if that first map that u saw would work. and This is my newest map here. (yes i know this wouldnt work for you.)(and if your on dial-up there wouldnt be such a good map i could make for you. Because with the mutator making you big the map would have to be big.)
b19hy.jpg

b27qd.jpg

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
What the heck are wrong with my freaking maps. Yah i know they just sudenly end and all that crap, but there fun i base my maps on fun not realism. Now if i had to map for a Mod i would make it more realistic. You people laugh at the picutres, not the game play.

SwampF0x

Aug 4, 2005
You seriously think i care what im saying on the forum. I have the right to say what i think and you guys can laugh at it all you whant and u can edit it all you whant but i honestly dont care.