FragBU 1v1 Tournament!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
We are pleased to announce the first FragBU 1v1 Tournament! This tournament is being held for FragBU regulars only. You must have at least 10 hours of FragBU logged before signing up. If you're not sure if you have enough FragBU hours, please refer to the stats player list ordered by time played to see if you qualify.

All of the information about the tourney is available here. Make sure you read all of the rules, dates, etc. before signing up. If you are not aware of all the rules at match time and a dispute arises, you may be disqualified. You can also check the tournament bracket for detailed match days, times, and server information.

The tournament will span from Friday, August 12 through Sunday, August 14. During that weekend, the regular FragBU server will have its player slots dropped to eight. This is because Viper has graciously converted four player slots into two more 1v1 servers for this tournament. The adjustment is temporary and everything will return to normal the following weekend.

Only 16 slots are available, so sign up quickly! The signup period ends Wednesday, August 10 at midnight EST.

Note: the bracket page seems to be corrupting itself on a few users' computers. If when viewing the page everything looks like a giant garbled mess of random boxes and text, please refresh the page until the bracket fixes itself. This is what the bracket should look like (thanks, funkblast).

Signups are now closed!

Don't worry if you didn't get a chance to sign up! When match time comes, if a no show occurs, his spot will be given to people waiting on a first-come, first-served basis.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Sign me up. I am prepared to take last place.

Are you playing because if so you could probably replace "WINNAR!" on the bracket with "Raffi_B" right now.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
1 spawn nade? cmon, do you really think they'll be used abusively by the fragbu crowd? if anything they'll help prevent spawn kills a little bit.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
The purpose of this tourney is to give the FragBU regulars a little experience with standard competitive 1v1. Standard competitive settings force 1 spawn grenade. I also do not agree with this setting, but it's there and if we want to remain consistent we should follow it.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Sign me up Scotty!

(I'd laugh if someone's name here was in fact Scotty.)

Last edited:

Tenkken

Prizemoney
Oct 4, 2004
New York City
Don't mind me asking but what happened to the other tourney? We were supposed to do ons and then ctf.

Sign me up anyway.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I don't think I'll be around that weekend, so count me out.

One request, please don't make a habit of scheduling these tournaments during fragbu hours.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
DaBeatard said:
One request, please don't make a habit of scheduling these tournaments during fragbu hours.

Because of the lowered number of player slots? Yeah, wish we were able to keep the same number of slots too, but I think it's a pretty good trade off. Remember, it's for one weekend only, and it's just meant to be a quick and fun tourney for FragBU regulars.

12 person mayhem will return once it's over. ;)

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
13.1 hours!!!! (don't worry it'll go up)

Sign me up-

unless there is a vetran who would rather play and there aren't enough slots. I don't want to take up a spot from someone who has been here longer and wants to play.