PDA

View Full Version : Post the complete story of the uc series here

Swerto
29th Jul 2005, 03:13 PM
Starting at the first UC then go to the second. Post what you know.

edhe
31st Jul 2005, 08:11 AM
www.google.com
www.unrealchampionship.com
www.unrealchampionship2.com

MrMaddog
7th Aug 2005, 09:16 PM
Well the thing was that there was a whole storyline about Earth being conquered by an alien empire in UT2003/UC1 and they're using the Tournament as a way to keep humans oppressed. But since both games really sucked, Epic brought Liandri back in charge for UT2004/UC2 but for some reason kept the Egyptians. In other words, Epic totally rewrote the entire Unreal contunity which made things even more confusing... :rolleyes:

I can come up with a spectutive timeline linking all the Unreal games, but it's really more like fan fiction than canonical. ;)

Starry Might
7th Aug 2005, 09:34 PM
I can come up with a spectutive timeline linking all the Unreal games, but it's really more like fan fiction than canonical. ;)
I'm kinda that way, too. :)

For example, in my mind, the whole "Imperial-Aliens-Taking-Over-The-Earth-And-Beyond" thing DID happen, but the Empire's extended reign, while horrible, was mercifully short-lived. The Emperor was assassinated by Overseer Driak (he's the one who befriended Satin according to her Bio, remember?), which led to the Empire getting weaker and being pushed back to its original borders by the humans and other races who were conquered.

That's according only to me, though. ;)

MrMaddog
11th Aug 2005, 08:08 PM
For example, in my mind, the whole "Imperial-Aliens-Taking-Over-The-Earth-And-Beyond" thing DID happen, but the Empire's extended reign, while horrible, was mercifully short-lived. The Emperor was assassinated by Overseer Driak (he's the one who befriended Satin according to her Bio, remember?), which led to the Empire getting weaker and being pushed back to its original borders by the humans and other races who were conquered.

That's according only to me, though. ;)

You mean the same overseer who got "too" friendly with Satin and thus earning him a crushed throat and a one-way trip to the afterlife? ;)

I think I remember seeing Driak's name in the description for DM-DE-Grendel, not I'm not sure. But either way, it would make a very good UT fanfic. :)

Starry Might
12th Aug 2005, 03:55 PM
You mean the same overseer who got "too" friendly with Satin and thus earning him a crushed throat and a one-way trip to the afterlife? ;)

I think I remember seeing Driak's name in the description for DM-DE-Grendel, not I'm not sure. But either way, it would make a very good UT fanfic. :)
I'm afraid you're wrong on both counts, MrMaddog.

It was the DOCK MASTER who tried to get fresh with Satin and paid the ultimate price for it:

Boldface[/b] mine)']It was only two years ago that an Imperial Dreadnought captured her clan's vessel and brought its human cargo to the slave docks of Briggan IV. The dock master thought her a pretty one and kept her for himself but his unwanted attentions earned him a crushed larynx and a swift visit to the light at the end of the tunnel. Overseer Driak, who had always despised the dockmaster, took an instant liking to the girl and trained her for the Tournaments, where she has been ever since.
Hey, I just noticed something...whoever wrote this Bio wasn't consistent in the way he spelled "dock master". :eek:

As for DM/CTF-DE-Grendel, I can't quite remember the spelling of the guy in the description at the moment, but it's definitely NOT Driak. ;)

But yeah, it would make a good Fanfic. :D

Swerto
12th Aug 2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah fan fics r kool ESPECIALLY MINE... check it out its at the bottom of my sig... ofcourse its the original ut right now... but it will get to 2k3 and 2k4... cant make characters in uc2... um so then 2k7 for the fith story...

MrMaddog
12th Aug 2005, 06:49 PM
My bad Starry Might... :o

It's been a while since I read the character bios or even played Grendelkeep. (It was Prieth Callith who ran it as a feeding pit for his creatures.)

gregori
15th Aug 2005, 10:04 AM
Unreal championship was originally going to be set 200 years after UT, in which a super advanced empire takes over the galaxy. Their technology is so good that their wepoans work faster than the speed of though and are completly accurate. In this storyline liandri and humanity has expanded very far in the galaxy but the empire conquers around 75% very quickly when the liandri fleet comes into to contact with them at the edge of the galaxy, like the roman empire! At first the occupiers view the tournaments with disgust, but soon learn that these decadent tournaments pacify the population, are useful as a political tool, and warn enemies of the empire where dissidence can land them. The tournamnents under the emperor become grander on an unprecedented scale. Instead of the small earth based tournaments run by liandri, is a grand interplanetary championship run by the emperor!Their are six worlds in the championship:

1: Purgatory: the hell like prison planet of the empire, home to the nightmare team!
The nightmares are genetically modified aliens that serve the emperor.

2: Premaka : The Futuristic robot world, represented by Robot team(not'the corrupt'
liandri team). This planet looks like the deathstar and is home of artificial
lifeforms that are self aware!

3: Sanctuary: The indutrialised planet represented by the mercenary team whosefleet
of pirate ships are grounded there , this was meant to be a planet like
modern earth. There is a planet of this name also in Unreal 2, that is
set in a different time in the unreal universe so i don't know if they are
the same! The merc team are Romulus,Remus,Satin,Prism...etc

4: Arborea : This was to be the forest like world of the Gen'mokai( Damarus,Mokara...
etc) It's meant to have ancient temples, jungles and so on. The
Gen'Mokai if you look at their design are basically dinosaurs standing
up right, with carpace exoskeletal armour. Arborea was meant to be a
jurrasic park like dinosaur world that has evolved, with some tomb raider
like temples!

5: Alleria: Alleria is meant ot be the frozen world represented by the juggernauts
whose geneboosted bodies and armour suits allow them survive this
Frozen siberia like world. It was meant to be a penal colony and mining
outpost for the worst convicts.

6: Anubis: The planet of the egyptian race, same name as the title hero of UC2,
The planet is meant to be a mix of technology and ancient much like
the film stargate! Their is a tribal society of sorts on this world, with
an imperial aristocracy. The name 'anubans' was changed to 'Nakhti'
in UC2. Also their appears to be more than one egytian planet,
according to new changes in the series!

Finally for some bizarre reason epic changed all this, broke the timeline and mixed up the story of the liandri tournaments with the story of the empire. They gor rid of the 200 years later thing and most of the planets that where in the original UC story. They brought in Malcolm, Brock and Lauren for no good reason. personally I though the storylines of UC and UT should have been kept seperate, one being far in the future of the other and keeping the charater crossovers to a minimum, or if they where going to keep Malcolm in it it should have been his Clone of Genetic decendant like Malcolm III or something!

gregori
26th Feb 2006, 05:05 PM
In UC there is no liandri, malcolm,brock,lauren it keeps to the original empire story line, you have to defeat your own team of warriors to win the championship

UT2k3 has brock lauren malcolm added to the roster of UC characters, makes no sense

UC2 takes of from the liandri tournaments story line of the original UT but decides to pinch the juggernauts and egyptians from UC and dumps the other uc characters bar Sapphire from the Sanctuary merc team

The Empire UC2 is the Egyptian Nakhti empire, not the dark grim one of UC of which you never see face to face, of whom the Nightmares are agents

Sir_Brizz
26th Feb 2006, 11:09 PM
UC2 seems to give off the idea that "The Empire" are whoever the Necris want them to be.

Continuum
26th Feb 2006, 11:24 PM
And UT2007 has no skaarj?......?

Good info on the planets though.

gregori
26th Apr 2006, 09:56 AM
UC2 seems to give off the idea that "The Empire" are whoever the Necris want them to be.

What do you mean? , Explain please.

Kazimira
13th Dec 2008, 07:12 PM
I want to know this as well.

Though I think its because the Necris turn people from the prison planet thats supoed to be under the control of the empire.