Comments about Face ][ ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

CrapMonger

The lower levels are where people respawn, thats how they fixed the respawn locations, VERY hard to spawn-snipe now...

bullet2.gif

Mod Reviewer for Capture!
Member of CarpeImperium [Ci]

G

GunnerX

Still, there's no weapons there AND you have to go up two levels! You still have to make a run for the RL or ASMD where you're very vulnerable if an opponent is in your base. I also don't like people spawning in front of the Redeemer. You can just grab it and blow everyone out of your base.

Well, I guess I'll have to play it more and maybe it will get better the more I play with it. I just find it too small. I guess it would be great for 4-6 people.

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

Zaptruder

May 5, 2000
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Hmmm. Played about 10 or so games with Inhuman bots... Dammit, you have to tweak the bots otherwise you'll get freaky ones sniping at you while theyre running... and that just aint good for business.

Otherwise, although its based on Face, it feels remarkably different...

The flag area is rather open, perfect for those great melee fights. Not as much places to hide, but it kinda flows better. Also id have to say the inclusion of a shield belt makes a rather large difference. Its easily accessible, for the attacker in mind... which is quite important, considering snipers will have a considerably easier time on Face 2... I found myself having difficulty looking up the full height of the tower... its massive!!! its frikkin tall...

The redeemer is well placed, needs a t/l to get to it or boots... the boots are kinda cleverly placed... just dont jump with them on when youre at the top...

splat. :)

actually, i think boots also make a remarkable difference, similar to the lava giant situation, where you could bound youre way to saftey... either going out or coming in. but not both ways.

hmm.... right now i think i like old face more, but then that map had to grow on me as well. Im sure this one will stretch and pan out to become a sure legendary map.

G

GunnerX

Face and Face][ are two totally different beasts IMHO. Face requires more strategy and teamwork. Defensive skills are highly required. On offense, you have to use all possible entrances. Either through translocating up the tower or double trans to the redeemer or a trans to the damage amp.

Face][ is definitely a melee map. Get 16 people on this map and it will be chaos. There's 3 ways in and out of each base. The lower parts to me are useless. Total waste of map space. I could be wrong but, I don't like those areas below the flag room. Also, it's not as hard to fall off the paths, specially that middle area with the keg of health. I also find that this will be a Redeemer whore's heaven!! With the flag room being so open, you can wipe out ALL the defenders with one redeemer.

Face][ is ok and for some reason, as Das said, it feels more like DiamondSword.

I still prefer Face over Face][.

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

G

GunnerX

BTW, those bots are nuts!!! I was on the snipers nest trying to snipe the flag carrier. The bot carrying the flag turn around while continuing its way to their base and sniped me back! Bleh!

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

H

Hertston

I agree with GunnerX regarding the lower levels. I thought at first that they were designed specifically to allow telepunting over to the equivalent level on the other base. Trouble is, everytime I try the damn thing just hits the low roof (however close to the edge it starts), and drops down into space.

Am I just firing the hammer in the wrong place, or can no-one else do this either ?

bullet2.gif

I'm NOT paranoid ! All you guys really ARE out to get me !!....

Zaptruder

May 5, 2000
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Hmmm... I understand what youre trying to get at with the redeemer, but the thing is, although the central flag area seems quite open, its still fairly easy to take cover, by jumping into the either floor areas or hiding behind the four or so walls and 2 pillars. Its not like Face where you heard the thing, and teleported right out of there, but then you couldnt penetrate the base in face with a redeemer, or at least not easily.

I think the redeemer is always most useful for blowing up the flag carriers... its just the way i play... ok so i dont play THAT well... but fair enough, so i dont look like a complete *** .

Yes, those bots are insane. I dont think ive ever seen the bots so damned accurate on the innox maps. Their path noding has been done really well in Kosov map :p

true dat. true dat.

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Played it and here is my opinion. Yes, Face and Face][ are two different maps...why, they both require different strategies. Of course we all know that:p . But, Face ][, to me, is a defender's dream and an attackers nightmare. The sniper points are well placed. The sniper portals on the lower level are small enough to require accurate aim from an attacker. The shock core is placed perfectly to prevent attackers from running unhindered across the two paths.

I'm telling you...this map is an attacker's nightmare...online and off :)

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

G

GunnerX

Hmm.. I feel sorry for you Morety. First the Leafs lose and now, you can't play UT at home. :(

BTW, if you get 4 attackers, there's 3 ways into the base. Main entrance, left and right. So, you can definitely cause some chaos. Also, get a defender to fly the redeemer in (under and out the back into the base) then get the offense inside and it's pretty easy to go back for the cap. :)

Redeemers rule here!

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

RaptoR242

May 7, 2000
Visit site
Face][ then...

hmmm...

the open, basic design is pretty good- cant help but think that the only people who'll play on it will be camping llamas

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I'm working on CTF-Face]|[
I'll be putting it on Nali City at the weekend.

It's basically the same Face map but with loads of extra features.
1. Two AT-AT walkers that defend the entrance to each tower.
2. Two shuttles that transport you from one temple to the other in 30 seconds.
3. A small prison with live captives inside the temples near the top with another sniping position.
4. Hidden thigh pads that are behind an exploding wall.
5. And several other minor adjustments.

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maxrevs

May 4, 2000
Mallow,Co.Cork,Ireland
Visit site
*****, *****, *****, ;) no matter how many CTF Face variants are made people will complain about things , spawn points , weapons, bot, skyboxes, the point I'm making is , Only in a perfect world , will everyone be happy , i personally find face 2 a nice change , It looks great , plays great , hell it even smells great , Face and Face 2 are similar , yet markedly different , each should be enjoyed for what they are, challenging maps that require teamwork to succeed , also i think Inoxx's attempt at curing spawn sniping is by and large , successful ,

bullet2.gif

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no Evil , for The meanest motherf**kers in the valley,Are on my team...

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Um....you ARE joking, right Wacky? Please say you're joking..

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
<A HREF="http://www.cosmicmonstersinc.com" TARGET=_blank>
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com</A>

"A stalking ground without prey - a flash of superstition whimpering like a crippled animal -
Dogs of the Soul-Crusher - Pulling closer like the blue steel jaws of hell"
-- Soul-Crusher/WhiteZombie

"Blood on the stone I do not surrender - Wait'n for someone I do not remember"
-- Cosmic Monsters, Inc./White Zombie

S

[Switch]

I just played my first online match on Face][ (after some offline practicing on it) and I think it's really great. I wouldn't compare it to Face since they are quite different in the way you play them and yet they are very much alike. :)

I don't really agree on it being the attackers nightmare. I went attacking and I think it went pretty well, the opposing team wasn't the best out there of course, but they had a few good players. With the three options for entrance it's really funny to fool those combo whores. Just make a show of walking straight in like a dumbass and then tl or dodge away and go to the side and enter there. Nobody really notices you there when there are lots of people around so just smack away a few combos to clean things up and then jump and shoot rockets like crazy. Pick up shield belt, armor and flag and run like hell. You might want to stay a while and hope that your team mates clean the thing out, but that might be dangerous. Grab some ammo on your way out and you've almost captured the flag. Unless you get sniped of course, but that doesn't happen very often. So run home, you might have to clean up a little, and cap it. Now it's your turn to defend and support. :)

This turned out to be quite extensive, anyway I just wanted to say that it's a great map to defend but it's not that hard to attack either. With some seriously organized defence though it might be different, but a redeemer will cure that.

Anyway, it's a great map. I love it, just as I love Face.

/Switch

PS. The open area inside the base is heaven for RL whores.
DS.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
No I ain't joking Temp' Account. (though I'm thinking about dropping the AT-AT walker, as it's just for eye candy and is slowing the level down a little).

BTW, my AT-AT prefab will be available at Prefab Central in a day or two :)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maxrevs

May 4, 2000
Mallow,Co.Cork,Ireland
Visit site
Hey wacky , you should leave in the AT-AT's , that'd be something different , and instead of the earth in the background and asteroids , you could have the deathstar and Imperial Corvettes :)

bullet2.gif

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no Evil , for The meanest motherf**kers in the valley,Are on my team...

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
If I can figure out how to get the team cannons working then I will leave them in, that way they'll actually have a function.

My favourite part of the map is the two shuttles that can take you from one base to the other base. It's looks really cool shooting rockets at the people your passing over :)