PDA

View Full Version : Another Addon idea

G.Lecter
25th Jul 2005, 01:27 PM
I had an idea for an Addon/Mutator, just a way to make sure both teams do the same number of releases, and a way to change the game a bit too.
I hope you'll understand me... :rolleyes:
At the begining of a match both red and blue switches are free. When someone takes one of the switches (of the opposite team, of course), that switch becomes jammed until the other team is released too. The latest switch used will become a locked switch...
With this variation in the game you will have to think twice if its worth releasing your team... :D It might be fun. :)
[Also, it could have different options for maps with 2 switches per team (lock only the latest swich touched / lock all the switches that release the latest released team)]

Just another idea, what do you think? :rolleyes:

The_Head
25th Jul 2005, 02:13 PM
Very nice. Would definetly stop release switch camping, which can never be a bad idea.

expisCoR
25th Jul 2005, 06:41 PM
Hmm, or to make things more interesting (maybe this can be part of some new map, as it wouldn't require a mutator to do, if it was part of the map) have a[n] generic switch[es] that would release all jailed players.

Birelli
25th Jul 2005, 08:58 PM
Interesting idea, it would certainly change the gameplay dynamic. IMHO it would kind of make it less Jailbreak and more TDM with bases though. As TEZC demonstrated in the tourney a very good DM team can sometimes take the switch defense/offense entirely out of Jailbreak if they can sweep the map quickly enough, think how much worse it would have been if the other team only got one release? If you happened to have very closely matched teams it might promote more scoring though. I don't know, it could be interesting some times, frustrating others. The add-on architecture certainly makes it easy to have it only for those that want it. It might end up having a similar gameplay effect to the release teleporter add-on, which was also to stop release switch camping.

Edit: Episcor: That idea has been thrown around several times in the past, including as a way to implement 3 or 4 team JB. It's technically feasible to implement afaik, just put both switches in one place? You could make one invisible by removing its skin and make the other skin plain white instead of red or blue, so it would look correct. I suppose a mutator to change the announcements and such would make it a little cleaner, but for testing purposes you could convert a current map or use one of you own. I'm not sure it'd be much fun to play, it'd be a little chaotic, but who knows.

Jrubzjeknf
26th Jul 2005, 09:54 AM
Perhaps this could be covered by the always-arena addon or something like that. The addon that removes the switches and immediately makes 2 opponents battle eachother once they're in jail.

Vatcilli zeitchef
8th Aug 2005, 12:23 PM
Not bad, really not a bad idea at all. Maybe ask lynx for this. I'm sure his overtime mutator gived him plenty of experience about jail releases!