PDA

View Full Version : Weapon sounds in UT2007

Artman40
24th Jul 2005, 04:37 AM
I think that weapon sounds in UT2k3 and UT2k4 can be hardly heard like they have some kind of silencer attached to them. I think that weapon sounds must be much louder. Your opinion?

Sahkolihaa
24th Jul 2005, 05:09 AM
I think they are loud enough, any louder and you wouldn't hear the ambience/special effects added within the map, not to forget when your team is using announcements and you can't hear a thing they are saying.

Mulch_D
24th Jul 2005, 06:52 AM
I want to hear big clucky weapons, like the origanal UT.

ChampionHyena
24th Jul 2005, 08:30 AM
They don't need to be "louder," per se. They need to be HEAVIER. Remember how the original Unreal guns and Doom III guns sounded? They need to not sound weak. I remember complaints from demo players in UT2004 that the Goliath's cannon was too pitiful-sounding. So what did they do? Make it a subwoofer-shattering explosion that will wake up the neighbors.

THAT'S what we need.

->Sachiel<-
24th Jul 2005, 08:42 AM
I want the sounds to be realistic, what I mean by this is that i want it so that when I fire a flak cannon in-game I want it to sound like My computer fired a flak cannon at my face, it would make the game much more immersive

Lauren
24th Jul 2005, 02:09 PM
More Louder!!!!!! sounds incl better explosions sounds and rifle fire sounds! just OVERPOWER some sounds like minigun etc and linkgun and the shockrifle

edhe
25th Jul 2005, 04:51 AM
Sounds have been lacking in the 2k* stuff, imho. Heavier, harder, dirtier, more brutal sounds should make a comeback. The super-chunky blast and gargling of a gibbing victim in UT was majorly iconic.

Artman40
26th Jul 2005, 05:09 AM
Yup. Louder sounds. And more powerful. We need both of them. Put music and sound volume to 100% in UT2004 and listen. Weapon sounds is about 70% more quiet than music. :(

Bullet10k
26th Jul 2005, 09:46 AM
I want more real, harder, brutal, and heavier guns and sounds. I dunno how to make that happen cuz im a noob at sound.

gregori
26th Jul 2005, 09:54 AM
yeah , the lacking in the sound department really destroyed the lightning gun for me, it seemed so weak despite how powerful it actually is....... i was expecting it to create a thundererous crash or a ringing metallic sound....warning other people in the arena what weapon you had.

nuttella
26th Jul 2005, 12:30 PM
They don't need to be "louder," per se. They need to be HEAVIER. Remember how the original Unreal guns and Doom III guns sounded?

I hope you mean this as an example of weak sounding weapons, because Doom III's weapon sounds were pathetic. That must be what you mean...
Unreal's weapons sounded much better in the later patches.

2k4's weapons sound good. At first I thought they weren't loud enough, but now that I've got used to them, they're OK. Louder would be fine, though.

scirmast
26th Jul 2005, 03:22 PM
It is a big problem in games today, that all the futuristic weapons in games sound like they were toys. UT also suffers from that. So, make them louder, and make them sound like they actually can kill somebody.

T2A`
26th Jul 2005, 08:06 PM
The weapon sounds even got worse from UT2003 to UT2004. Load up 2003 and shoot the flak and lightning, then go over to 2004 and do the same. That's pretty sad.

Artman has a good point. For music and weapon sounds to be balanced you can really only have the music about 20% loudness. :(

CloudConnected
26th Jul 2005, 08:18 PM
I want to be able to hear every little working mechanism and hear the raspy noise of uneven combustion in the weapon when it fires and I want it surround sound. :cool:

Swerto
29th Jul 2005, 12:44 PM
God you guys are starting to sound like tommy tallarico next you'll be asking about walking sounds!

BadAss84
29th Jul 2005, 04:16 PM
Heavier, harder, dirtier, more brutal sounds should make a comeback

Definately. Some weapons in 2k4 definately could do with sounding more powerful, the assault rifle is a great example, it sounds like a pea shooter or something :lol:

The sound of the weapons is really only a small part of the game compared to how it plays but it helps create a good atmosphere which is vital, if the weapons don't sound powerful and make people run in fear when they hear them then its just not as fun :p