Halo 1 player moving to UC2:Liandri, advice needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoGradeChili

Jul 23, 2005
I'm a Halo 1 tournament player (whether that appeals to you or not). I played Halo 1 religiously for 3 and a half years. But with Halo 2, I saw my favorite game get molested and destroyed and turned into something so completely unsatisfying that it aches me to my very core. :mad:

So, I still play Halo 1 a lot, but it's finally getting boring competition wise (since most have moved to Halo 2). I also realize that Unreal is a lot faster then Halo, but I've got plenty of experience with Quake and Unreal Tournament to be able to handle it.

Anyways, I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what I need to know and do to start up w/ Liandri on the right track. I read a couple threads on here, but I know from Halo 1 forums that all tips/tricks are not so worthwhile. I hope some of my Halo talent will transfer to Liandri, but I just need to know what to focus on to begin with.

What are some sites that deal w/ Liandri that I could learn from? Is this the main Liandri forum? Do most of the elites talk and chat on this forum?

Btw, I just got this game today, and played it for an hour. I played a game of 'instagib' which was sooo incredibly fun, I'm still thinking about it 2 hours later.

My AIM is: LoGradeChili
My gamertag is: LoGradeChili

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
However you can still ask here, there's plenty of community about outside of these boards.

Basically, if you thought that UT and quake were fast.... good luck ;)

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Focus on getting used to the movement first, then integrate the melee action into it, until you feel you can run/jump/fly/bounce around and switch weapons and go to melee mode successfully.

Then turn on some real wimpy bots to aim at, and steadily increase the bot difficulty as you learn more advanced moves.

Eventually it all comes together.

It can be pretty chaotic like all UT games (even moreso this time), so expect anything and don't get frustrated if you die.
Be alert at all times and don't stand around.

Good luck on that first coup de gras!

(my main problem was getting used to the control pad, as I'm mostly a PC player)
________
Ava.Doll cam

Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Plumb_Drumb said:
hmm, I just visited the EpicGames boards again, and most of the people in the UC2 forum are very negative.

I don't like it there.
ME NEITHER! :( (I used to browse there as a guest, but I stopped doing that long ago).

Anyway, welcome to the Forums, LoGradeChili, and I'm glad you like the game! :D Plumb_Drumb gave you some pretty good-sounding pointers, so just keep practicing and have fun. :D

Just one word of caution, though: I'm an Instant Action person so this doesn't apply to me, but I've heard stories about bad glitches and lag online, though, so be aware of that if you make the plunge into Xbox Live. A patch is supposed to be on the way, but as far as I know, it's STILL not out yet. (It got sent off for approval last I heard on PlanetUnreal, but that was way back in May, I think).

Plumb_Drumb said:
Good luck on that first coup de gras!
I personally still haven't did a successful Coup de Gras. (*SIGHS*) :eek:

UnrealPschyo

TCA Commander
Jul 24, 2005
LoGradeChili said:
I'm a Halo 1 tournament player (whether that appeals to you or not). I played Halo 1 religiously for 3 and a half years. But with Halo 2, I saw my favorite game get molested and destroyed and turned into something so completely unsatisfying that it aches me to my very core. :mad:

So, I still play Halo 1 a lot, but it's finally getting boring competition wise (since most have moved to Halo 2). I also realize that Unreal is a lot faster then Halo, but I've got plenty of experience with Quake and Unreal Tournament to be able to handle it.

Anyways, I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what I need to know and do to start up w/ Liandri on the right track. I read a couple threads on here, but I know from Halo 1 forums that all tips/tricks are not so worthwhile. I hope some of my Halo talent will transfer to Liandri, but I just need to know what to focus on to begin with.

What are some sites that deal w/ Liandri that I could learn from? Is this the main Liandri forum? Do most of the elites talk and chat on this forum?

Btw, I just got this game today, and played it for an hour. I played a game of 'instagib' which was sooo incredibly fun, I'm still thinking about it 2 hours later.

So, attempting to try your luck at Unreal, eh? Well then, I challenge you to Capture the Flag in Unreal Tournament 1999!

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Halo focuses alot on strategy and accuracy, this one's more about being fast. Avoiding your oppnent's attacks seems, for me, to be more curcial than landing your own. Learn to reflect shots with your melee if you haven't already, it is a wonderful skill and has saved me a number of times. Choose your range weapons carefully to best suit your play style, I use the rifle adn the flak because they're both useful for last-second frags up-close, and the rifle gives me long-range, too. If you're coming from halo, the grenade launcher might be a good one to take a liking to, or the bio-rifle, as well as the rifle or shock. Also, don't underestimate the power of your pistols, just don't try to use them as a full-on assault weapon. Freeze can be a life-saver or even land a frag or two if you can catch opponents blindsided.

DamianLee

Mar 1, 2006
LoGradeChili said:

Dude just play it, and keep playing before you know it you'll have the hang of it you develope to the fast pace, im also a HALO player and i still play halo(2). Your prob the first person I know to have say they rather play HALO CE. then HALO 2...Weirrrrd!!! you no like the DUAL?