C'MON AN AWESOME "GAMPLAY" MAP PACK

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
The second same thread,post in both.

C'MON AN AWESOME "GAMPLAY" MAP PACK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to thinking (a friends suggestion(ghostwheel)),however

ALL YOU 3D GRAPHIC GEEKS,AND ALL YOU GAMER-CLAN-PLAYER FREAKS.

LETS SEE AN AWESOME "GAMEPLAY" MAP PACK COME OUT,

Graphics are the last concern.
Looks are the last concern.
Lets get a voting thing or a cumulative,mappack from the good mappers whom a really rancid looking map still sticks in thier mind.
But this goes for all,till WE players,mappers,seriouse mappers,and whomever else.vote on the picks from many,it be fun,and you would hope your map came out on top,seriously.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
actually I'd love doing a speed mapping competition like we once did on nc. ut99 only :D

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
UT2004 is starving for maps moreso than UT. I've tried putting in ideas for contests here in the last year, but no one has ambition to figure out prizes. I've also thought about a "Mapping Challenge" type thing. Like a contest, but no real prizes, just maybe map of the moment for 'x' amount of time, stuff like that. I think it could work if presented well enough.

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
Hopefully the unrealplayground CTF-Package will be a gameplay package... The first "demomaps" of it are Krogaar (the unfixed version) and Atropos.
The last maps will be on my PC in about 24 hours, to have a last check and then bunble them and finally upload the package. :)
Another gameplay package would be fun, but I have no time participating in it, I will start with my D.N.A. Project once I uploaded the package.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Well, first thing that popped up in my head was just giving a shout out to all the NC regulars (who can map) to submit their work for a special mappack, or something in that direction.
Just looking how much feedback you'd get and work from there

But then again, I remember hearing about something similar called the "BuFPack 2" over a year ago...
Right, that might not work

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well I was more or less talking,maps allready made,get like 100 top map picks somehow.
Then have a bunch all vote for the top 10 to go into a mappack.

Only for UT because of old maps wich you may still think of and or still even want to play.

For instance,say some clan guy or other,picks a level he allways liked,and the pro mappers pick maps they deem the best they played from the past.

Then narrow down the list for an "all time ut playerspack"