ONS-ScraphillsBeta1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

michaelh

Jul 22, 2005
Horwich, England
Hello, I've made an onslaught map, and would like to iron it out a bit (or alot) before I release it. So I'm handing it over to you:)
Download:http://www.unrealplayground.com/mapper.php?id=32574
Some quick screenshots:

The map description:"Shortly after adding onslaught to it's tournamet, Liandri found that to keep fans happy and paying they needed more venues. However funds were low, so they sought out cheap land to build on. The uninhabited world Erchon IV proved perfect. An onslaught venue was constructed in just 1 month out of scrap metal left from a failed mining operation 5 years earlier. Now it's recieving its first contestants..."

This is my second released map, and my first onslaught map, so don't expect wonders.
Any criticism or advice welcome and encouraged.

ChromeBallz

Ballz of Chrome
Aug 10, 2004
chromeballz.fluxxnet.nl
The node setup is rather odd. The 2 nodes in the north are completely useless imho.

Also, the terrain is a bit too open and flat... no height variation at all. If you're not in a vehicle you'll bore to death, and that'll happen a lot, knowing bots and a lot of online players.

michaelh

Jul 22, 2005
Horwich, England
I'm going to have a play around with different node setups to see if I can find a better one. I'll try and make the north nodes more important; I thought having the tanks there would lure players but perhaps not...

I might raise the bases a bit too...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
JUst looking at the screenies. It's your first map, right? You should learn how to aling /rotate texture on terrain and use more layers. Same for your terrain that seems to be flat as hell. I can remeber my first ons map , the skybox and alure was the same with Chinesse theme. Remeber to never put the power nodes in full sight, that will spam the level and destroy it.

michaelh

Jul 22, 2005
Horwich, England
ok, the latest version: link
Changes from beta 1:
-added emitters to teleporters in bases
-higher "cieling"
-bumpier terrain
-changed one of the texture layers on terrain
-changed default link setup (the two north nodes are more important now)
-changed the static mesh for the towers in the bases
-changed music

New Node Layout:

I attempted to put terrain in my skybox, which caused my node layout to inexplicably disapear...

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->

The default node setup: That cental node is really uprotected so it's a bit of a spamfest.

Botplay: The play is pretty intense and keep going. Not bad.

Visuals: The lighting and overall look of the map needs something. It's a bit bland; in my opinion. O.k. I realise it's night but it still needs something.

Not bad; needs work. Gameplay is o.k.