Patch 2 Bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
Yay great new patch... so much good stuff in there, right down to the animations when player disappears to respawn.

Some more stuff to look at though

deploy bug:
-sometimes i couldn't deploy at all (after gutblow?) - there was just a picture of the deploy point without any hud or text - until i reselected team and class. then space doesn't change deploy points. I think this warrants a new patch on its own, it's that important.

-the shimmering teleports in alcazar don't always work if approached from the side, esp the one exoting the artifact room which you can get stuck behind

-dying animations - for raptor gunner; if raptor's blown up, player appears standing above its carcass
dead players often still standing/running/whatever they were doing (see attachment) shooting them makes bullets-on-metal sound!

-you can still run around and shoot stuff after the game is over

-entering and leaving jugger turret- it still appears to rotate 90d on exit

-if you switch to spectator mode, you still get messages to the team you last left, eg 'your team has lost a generator'

.....I'm going to keep editing this post with whatever else I find.... there isn't much! :)

Attachments

• UT2004 2005-07-22 20-08-18-15-1.zip
    264.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

>DE<Darewood

Dec 3, 2004
Walking Glitch

Ok I havent experienced this yet but morphix does all the time, and idk if anyone else experiences the same problem. But he gets stuck while walking and while trying to the screen begins to shake. I have attatched a .zip file that includes a demo4 file. That shows what he experiences

...andrelax said:
dead players often still standing/running/whatever they were doing (see attachment) shooting them makes bullets-on-metal sound!
Heh I call that my little dance :D

Attachments

• walkglitch.zip
    59 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I've just played a couple maps, will play more later tonight but I have experienced a few bugs.

There was one incident, with the guy above me I think, where I am 99% positive, he was completely invisible. I still have trouble respawning on occasion and have to hit F4 and select my team to be able to. Not sure if it's lag, but at the beginning of the map it takes a few seconds after the spawn time expires to spawn. And finally, I was a passenger in the harby, my driver disconnected from the server, and somehow I died.

Still, amazing job FMI, and thanks!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Bugs I found tonight while playing on BBF's server for a couple hours

* The female ranger model is scaled larger than the stock XMP models in the character selection options. Model looks good (although i think the pink in the face is too bright, compared to the blue in the same location on the blue skin... probably just the difference between blue and red though)

* There seems to be some weird thing with switching weapons while reloading: if I'm in the middle of reloading and switch to a different gun, I can still fire off a shot or two between the reload and the weapon switch, the transition needs to be sped up

* Grenades are just weird. There seems to be an ungodly delay between reloading the clip and whatever is going on after the reload before I can fire one off again.

* The "can't respawn" bug is still around (did it ever leave?) where you have to hit F4 choose your team before you can respawn. Happened when killed in vehicles, normal fights, etc. Didn't notice a pattern.

Gnome

The Gnome that knows
Feb 23, 2003
Indianapolis
wormhole.tauniverse.com
While playing with 15 adept bots (7 on my team, 8 on the other) on Lowlands, I got this error. It was playing fine (well, the bots can't drive for ****, but the game itself was running fine) until I was just about to capture the last artifact, then it crashed out and dumped this:

http://wormhole.tauniverse.com/xmp/xmperrormsg.txt

I've played the same settings on a couple different maps already without crash, but I haven't tried that same map again yet. So, uhh, yeah, that's all the info I can think to provide off the top of my head. I don't pay much attention to these forums, so pester me on IRC (I'm either Gnome or Gnomre in the channel) or via PM so I get an email here if further details are needed.

Last edited:

aeqos38/5

The unusual immortal
Apr 21, 2005
Victoria, BC
iz.fragism.com
I've had a bug where all players are invisible. No other mesh-based objects seemed to be missing, though.

Another minor bug was when game ended while I was in a turret. The different field of view attributed to the turret stayed.

MadMan2k

Aug 2, 2004
Iceboy2003 said:
(although i think the pink in the face is too bright, compared to the blue in the same location on the blue skin... probably just the difference between blue and red though)
yep, it looks like someone has slapped her in the face all the night...
I would therefore suggest not to teamcolor the face at all, like the male ranger and make it instead white. Then it would gave the maks the pantomime effect back, which it should have had.(?)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The other thing I noticed was that the raptor seems very fragile when running into walls. Just seemed very odd to me since the vehicle seems a bit more hefty when you steer it.

Slippery Puddin

Sep 19, 2004
Great work on the patch guys. Hope I'm not being redundant here but these are some bugs (at least I think they are) I've noticed.

12/04 Auto-reload on (Alt)Fire if required ammo is greater than current ammo

I'm not sure if it's just me but this isn't working for me online or off.

The following have only been seen while offline.
When playing bots the flamethrower effect staying after their death is still an issue.
deadflame.JPG

Sometimes the raptor turret is animated as firing continuosly but there is no one in it.
raptorbug.JPG

Again not sure if this is just me but on rampant the sniper zoom stuffs up, i've only noticed it on this map when looking down the middle lanes. The sniper reticule above the horizon artifacts, if i lower it it's fine its just the stuff above the horizon that's the problem.
unzoomed.JPGzoomed.JPG

And this is one that gave me a chuckle.
skyflame.JPG

Not a bug at all but one issue I have with playing against bots is they just keep on reviving their downed teammates over and over again, even if they are standing in the middle of a cloud of gas. Sure it's good for my points but it is kind of annoying killing a crowd of people to have them all get back up at the same time if one of them survives. Other than that the bots are great fun to play against now, arti camping whores that they are.

Keep up the great work FMI! You're doing an amazing job.

Entil'Zha

Jul 11, 2005
Belgium
Maybe already said dunno

1. scenario: blue enters juggy, blue leaves juggy,
red turrets keep firing at empty juggy

2. When I'm in the juggy's canon and no one's driving it, the health bar stays at 900 when under fire, and then suddenly I go boom :D

3. not a bug, but you can't see the name of the deploy point when you're cycling through deploys

4. When the game ends because of "the time limit has expired" , the team with most energy (or whatever it was in U2XMP) should win the match

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
As promised: Conc nades blind me in 3rd person! :p

aeqos38/5 said:
I've had a bug where all players are invisible. No other mesh-based objects seemed to be missing, though.
I had that happen on Lowlands last night. I couldn't see any players OR supply stations (though they worked!). I also had no weapon, but I did have a small white crosshair after trying to switch weapons. I capped an arti - I'm sure no one could see me!

Another bug-Spawn points often cycle when they first enter my fov like someone's spawning , but no one spawns. Kind of unnerving when you're in the enemy base. I think that was actually happening pre-beta 2, also.

Possibly a bug, possibly clientside-Occasionally my rl and gl stop firing, even with ammo available. At least, I think they stop firing. I still get the sound and weapon jerk, but no rockets, grenades, or explosions are visible. Nobody dies, either.

Another possible clientside issue-the occasional ball of energy hanging in the air after an artifact carrier has passed through. It looks like the artifact is still there.

And we do need a better death animation. I shot at a few dead people because I didn't realize right away that that I didn't have to anymore, what with them still jigging and all.

I've had 3 different vehicle turret views: Fuzzy view (normal), clear view w/proper angle, and clear view from more above the turret with no idea where weapon fire will land. At least I'm not hanging off the left side anymore :) .

Even with these and other problems people have posted, it's still a way fun game and better than the previous beta. I'm especially appreciative of the fact that tripmines don't crash the server when placed on the node anymore, and the tripmine laser is barely visible again!

Last edited:

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
-When zoomed in and u shoot all ammo from the sniper, the reload sound starts straight away but the animation waits until it automatically zooms out meaning that the animation and the reload sound are not in sync.

-When u die zoomed in, u stay zoomed in until u spawn

-That spawn bug is infuriating... i thought it happened when i died a certain way but it looks random. It really needs a hot fix patch releasing cos it happens so many times during a single map and prevents people playing the game (if they dont know to switch teams..)

-If u join as a spectator, u can't join a team after.

-Primary shotgun fire does virtually nothing to a vehicle; is that intentional?

-Vehicle turrets are very odd. When u get in it, the turret is always opposite to where it should have been when u jumped in. [edit:- thx cyb]

-The outward radial effect on the deploypoint base stops mid way then starts from the begining... like it doesn't loop properly. I made a flash movie of it. View it here.

-I got stuck on the artifact node in rampant after i dodged into it off the higher walkway.

-Grenade launcher fires but nothing happens when the projectile lands + the massive time it takes before u can fire another grenade (intended?)

-Agree with slippery puddin in that the "auto-reload for alt fire when required ammo is more than remaining ammo" doesn't work. Particularly apparent on the shocklance

Last edited:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
to clear up the vehicle turret issue: the turret will face the direction the player looked last before he enters the vehicle.

which is quite confusing.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
A couple more much less frequent bugs.

This has happened to me about 3 times. Normally, I have my weapon view as in my right hand, but occasionally, while playing, it switches to hidden weapon view. I haven't been able to pinpoint what might be triggering this.

This only happened to me once. All of a sudden I couldn't hack anything. Everything else was normal, just pressing 'use' while near a spawn or gen did nothing. I reconnected to the server and I could hack again.

Not bugs, but a couple suggestions. I think the jug's main cannon should have a smoke trail on the projectile and a slightly larger blast radius. Shooting it would be easier because you could see where it's going (it doesn't always line up on the crosshairs). Also, people will be able to see the projectile coming if it's from a long way away and get out of the way (though the increase blast radius will not make it nerfed)

I really think there needs to be more info on the spawn HUD. It'd be nice if each spawn had a name and it was displayed on the HUD when selecting a spawn point. Also, it might be a good idea to keep the radar and arti status up when selecting a spawn point so you know if there is a open vehicle near the spawn, a nearby gen that needs to be hacked, or if an arti is out and you need to choose a spawn to cut him off.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
I played a wee bit last night, great fun, but there was one bug which afflicted me a few times. After spawning, it took a good deal of time before I actually moved, and when I did I was no longer holding a weapon. It appeared that I was invisible because my best efforts to get shot didn't work. Suiciding and redeploying fixes it.

It's different from the one GotBeer mentioned earlier in that I could still see everyone, they just couldn't see me. Next time I'll try to get on the wrong end of a jug shot to see if I'm invincible too.

edit: included a screenie in which I'm "dead".
Screenie now attached:

Attachments

• invisible.jpg
    invisible.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 33
  • deadandkicking.jpg
    deadandkicking.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
It's different from the one GotBeer mentioned earlier in that I could still see everyone, they just couldn't see me. Next time I'll try to get on the wrong end of a jug shot to see if I'm invincible too.

The bigger question is: Will it still let you cap an artifact?

Now we just wait for these posts to get deleted, as we have found one of the hidden "extras" that have been put in for vD to use :D

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Nice ping Gecko. Joining me in the dark ages of dialup?

So, has anyone else had the spawn point cycling thing I mentioned before?

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Don't know what was up with that ping, wanted to try out ranger (can't do that in U2 because my pc's just too crap) and couldn't because it was so laggy and lossy. I added the stat net because the problem could indeed be ping related.

I did notice your spawn-point bug. I noticed it in Dragonfly, as a red player, walking around the blue base. I have nearly all of my graphics settings at the minimum (if that has anything at all to do with it).

edit: forgot to mention a bug I noticed today - if playing as ranger, and holding the sniper rifle (unzoomed, havn't tested with zoom) and you mantle up onto something, the sniper zoom sound effect plays.

Last edited:

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
I just got off a game and I must say that it is well playable for everyone but, the damn deploy bug is just soooooo annoying and noobs only gets to play a few rounds til they leave and I bet its cause of this. Even if I try the "switch teams" trick, it doesnt work. Its a shame cause the game is very playable for its 2nd beta if you can only spawn:(