PDA

View Full Version : The Grenade Launcher

Vault
15th Jul 2005, 12:46 PM
It think that the current grenade launcher should be scraped, and replaced with the one from Pariah, cause that one is a heck of alot better

killalot0
15th Jul 2005, 01:07 PM
what would be the secundairy fire? anyway i dont like grenades that much there is to much luck to a kill, most grenades get lauched unaimed atm. feel the horror if someone begins spamming those grenades at u. he will probably kill himself anyway... no grenade launcher please....

Majik
15th Jul 2005, 02:22 PM
Well, they both serve different purposes. The GL in Pariah is mainly for fragging and such while the GL in UT2k4 is a utility weapon for taking down nodes and vehicles. However I'd agree that it is possibly too ineffective for fighting and arguably for most players too hard to use against moving vehicles due to the grenades' slow velocity.

I personally think it'd be a better weapon if the grenades were shot out with higher velocity and the curve of their trajectory was flattened a bit.

Nemephosis
15th Jul 2005, 03:13 PM
I personally think it'd be a better weapon if the grenades were shot out with higher velocity and the curve of their trajectory was flattened a bit.
We already have that, it's called a rocket launcher.

So, you want people to start every new life with a rocket launcher.

There's a solution to that too. Play weapon arena, rocket launchers.

Majik
15th Jul 2005, 03:26 PM
Err, this isn't about the the assault rifle grenade launcher.

The_Head
15th Jul 2005, 04:37 PM
It think that the current grenade launcher should be scraped, and replaced with the one from Pariah, cause that one is a heck of alot better
How dya know the one in Pariah is better.....
Have u played UT2007..... so much can change in the year or so before the game comes out....

I'm getting fed up with all these oh this game sucks..... most of it is just crappy rumours and speculation

G.Lecter
15th Jul 2005, 04:59 PM
Mine Layer, BioRifle and GrenadeLauncher will be merged in the CanisterGun, which fire mode depends on the ammo you have for that weapon... ;)
I love the GrenadeLauncher. It's not very useful, but when used intelligently is a really powerful weapon. I sometimes hack the enemy tank and explode the grenades when someone gets into it :D. Sticking grenades on a free powernode and exploding them when someone tries to take it is another of my favourite tactics with that weapon :lol:. Bouncing grenades in narrow hallways behind a corner is a good choice too... I think it's a nice weapon as it is in UT2004... :rolleyes: A little higher fire-speed wouldn't be bad though...

Kabs-BUB
20th Oct 2005, 01:45 AM
I think the grenade launcher should be scrapped
it sucks
only good against tanks if you can get there

rhirud
20th Oct 2005, 06:11 AM
I've started seeing people use the grenade launcher inteligently recently. Especially more novice players who get toasted if they get too much into the thick of things. The first thing is that it has a really long range as it bounces along the floor. So 2 novice players lobbing grenades from a distance can take out a node fairly safely; as long as there's somebody else around to make them a lesser subject of a defender's attention.

And as ever; if a node gets locked just before you were going to take it down; nading it; going back; rebuilding the taken node allows you to then take out that other node from a distance.

Despite being well known; and really useful; this is something I rarely see happening online.

PureOwnage
26th Oct 2005, 11:33 AM
I love the Grenade Launcher when you are at a node and no one is around and the node is full. Fill it up with your nades then boom, it's like half dead before anyone notices. Because putting nades won't tell the team you are attacking. Great tool keep it in the game.

briach
26th Oct 2005, 02:29 PM
We should be able to attach grenades to ourselves, so we can suicide bomb the internet.

NeoNite
26th Oct 2005, 04:30 PM
Suicide onslaught!

The goal: You must prevent the other team from blowing up their own base!

Neophoenix
26th Oct 2005, 06:08 PM
We should be able to attach grenades to ourselves, so we can suicide bomb the internet.
Ever try putting the nades on a Manta that you are flying? It's hella fun killing noobs by landing it on their motionless tank, baling out and blowing their tank to hell and back. This was my favorite thing to do in ONS when I discovered the trick. Hehe :D

I do agree though, that would be a cool twist to the sticky nades. However, if they did that how would you be able to mine the ground right below you with out the nades sticking to yourself?

briach
26th Oct 2005, 06:31 PM
Ever try putting the nades on a Manta that you are flying? It's hella fun killing noobs by landing it on their motionless tank, baling out and blowing their tank to hell and back. This was my favorite thing to do in ONS when I discovered the trick. Hehe :D

I do agree though, that would be a cool twist to the sticky nades. However, if they did that how would you be able to mine the ground right below you with out the nades sticking to yourself?Cool trick. I'll have to try that :D ONS would be better if you could damage your own vehicle, that way to you could blow up vehicles to assure it wont get hijacked when you enter another vehicle. Also, if you use your manta like a bomb you would be able to blow up the manta which would add even more splash damage and it would assure the manta doesn't get stolen. But for pubs and the like they don't allow people to damage their own vehicles because they fear there might be people sabotaging their own team, but I think their are far worse ways to sabotage your own team.

Inorder for the grenade attaching to the grenader thing to work out they'd have to make the grenades not activate before they exit the hitbox, but once they exit they activate. Because if they were active when you are firing them they'd stick to you no matter which direction you're pointing. When you fire something straight down at the ground, the grenades don't exit your hitbox, or if they do you can just use an area a little bigger than the hitbox to determine when grenades should activate.

Kabs-BUB
27th Oct 2005, 12:21 AM
use friendly fire instead...
instead of the "friendly fire scale" 0.00 make it 1.00 in settings
I would believe a faster firing and a longer distance would be better
great against roadraging scorpions and mantas
if you crouch, do you still get killed??:cake:

briach
27th Oct 2005, 12:32 AM
Use friendly fire instead of what?if you crouch, do you still get killed??:cake: If the person alternate fires ontop of you.

KillStreak
27th Oct 2005, 01:08 AM
i once stuck another player in the groin with a nade..... for that reason they should remain in the UT 2k7 and future games.

Kantham
27th Oct 2005, 03:06 AM

No.

No.

And

No.

First thing that killed pariah online and SP was that F***** GL ith that remote control. Now that IS a noob gun for a well balanced game like Unreal Tournament 2004.

Neophoenix
27th Oct 2005, 01:39 PM
Cool trick. I'll have to try that :D ONS would be better if you could damage your own vehicle, that way to you could blow up vehicles to assure it wont get hijacked when you enter another vehicle. Also, if you use your manta like a bomb you would be able to blow up the manta which would add even more splash damage and it would assure the manta doesn't get stolen. But for pubs and the like they don't allow people to damage their own vehicles because they fear there might be people sabotaging their own team, but I think their are far worse ways to sabotage your own team.

Inorder for the grenade attaching to the grenader thing to work out they'd have to make the grenades not activate before they exit the hitbox, but once they exit they activate. Because if they were active when you are firing them they'd stick to you no matter which direction you're pointing. When you fire something straight down at the ground, the grenades don't exit your hitbox, or if they do you can just use an area a little bigger than the hitbox to determine when grenades should activate.
Yeah that would be nice, I have often wished the same thing. Not only to destroy your own vehical to keep it from being highjacked, but also because manta bombs send your manta flying across the board. I would rather have the darn thing get destroyed than have to run a mile after the darn thing.

As for the just activating FF, as Kabs-BUB said, Damage to the vehicle you got out of should act the same as self damage not FF. I hate FF in UT because bots and humans alike are too stupid to not shoot their own TM's. Not to mention half the weapons are spash damage so that never helps either.

Vault
27th Oct 2005, 04:18 PM
i like putting nades on a scorpian, with someone driving, and launch it when the driver reaches a ramp....it works wonders for assault racing

Neophoenix
27th Oct 2005, 06:44 PM
i like putting nades on a scorpian, with someone driving, and launch it when the driver reaches a ramp....it works wonders for assault racing

That's a different situation. In that instance vehicle damage would be classified, and thus controled by FF. since your not the one in the Scorpion.

Will have to try that some time. Though with my luck I will end up blowing myself up, and pushing my TM off the edge. :p

T2A`
27th Oct 2005, 07:26 PM
I just want some timed-triggered grenades like the old alt-fire of the rocket launcher and all the Quake games... This would make them useful outside of crappy vehicle-based games.

Vault
27th Oct 2005, 08:33 PM
That's a different situation. In that instance vehicle damage would be classified, and thus controled by FF. since your not the one in the Scorpion.

Will have to try that some time. Though with my luck I will end up blowing myself up, and pushing my TM off the edge. :p

specifically, i speak of PyshcoRace, the map. the first objective is to reach a switch, but by loading a scorpian with 8 or 9 nades it the right places, jumping on top the scorpian, exploding the nade right at the peak of the jump after the ramp, you''l fly after over the switch, so jump off, activate the switch. this actually gives you 2 chances, one for a bailing driver, then the guy on the top of the scorpian. (plus its fun watching all the times you mess up).

Bot_40
29th Oct 2005, 09:05 AM

Nah, put 4 spider mines on each wing, then just fly past. They auto jump off and blow up whatever you fly past. Optionally, also load the mines up with a grenade each for a bigger blast.

Neophoenix
29th Oct 2005, 09:47 AM
Nah, put 4 spider mines on each wing, then just fly past. They auto jump off and blow up whatever you fly past. Optionally, also load the mines up with a grenade each for a bigger blast.
It seems that if you fly past at max speed the mines act as though they didn't see the target.

Kabs-BUB
30th Oct 2005, 11:02 AM
do the grenades also explode when the mines explode??
like... you can't really shoot an grenade and blow it up..it didn't work for me anyways. I just wonder if they explode too with the mines

Bot_40
30th Oct 2005, 03:20 PM
Well they are destroyed when whatever they are attached to explodes, I just kinda assume it increases the power.

Neophoenix
30th Oct 2005, 03:21 PM
do the grenades also explode when the mines explode??
like... you can't really shoot an grenade and blow it up..it didn't work for me anyways. I just wonder if they explode too with the mines

They will explode with the spiders. I'm not quite sure what all weapons destroys sticky mines though. I haven't had much chance to test it, but I do know that your sticky mines can cause a chain reaction with enemy sticky mines.

Kabs-BUB
2nd Nov 2005, 12:57 AM
will the radius increase??(grenades+mines)

Kantham
2nd Nov 2005, 01:23 AM
There is a bug with the grenade luncher that you can kill a teammate even if FF is off. If someone piss you off, and he start to put mines on his feet over an objective, shot a rocket on him and you will kill him since all of his grenade will explode in his face.

Kabs-BUB
2nd Nov 2005, 01:30 AM
team kills aren't fun. what about the link??
when you try to pump their link gun up, you end up killing them??

Vault
2nd Nov 2005, 06:00 AM
no, teams kills are very fun! escpecially in assault racing

Kabs-BUB
3rd Nov 2005, 12:05 AM
I don't think so...