UT GOTY Tooo fast?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aviation.

Jul 14, 2005
Well in online, and practice mode in UT GOTY, the gameplay is SOOO FAST!
Like, IN practice, when I shoot with the enforcer, it shoots at like 10x the normal speed. ANd I run WAY faster. NOw Its on my laptop, and I have an AMD 3500+, ANd ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. THis doesnt happen on my desptop.
Also, It happens with every gun, and even on online, causing SOO MUCH LAG! WHy is this happening?
I also just reinstalled, same thing.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Dynamic adjusting of your CPU's clock speed to save energy and UT's inability to handle a CPU that runs faster all of a sudden is the reason. Try to find an option somewhere in the energy options that lets the laptop CPU run at full speed all the time and it should work.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Well then search for a prog that handles power profiles and set it to a profile like "Desktop", "Max power consumption" or something like that.

Aviation.

Jul 14, 2005
Holy crap.
Even the text box to put an IP adress in is fast. The blinking thing is going crazy!

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I have no idea if this helps you but it might be worth a shot.
Open the Windows calculator. Set it to scientific mode. Enter 999999 and click on the "n!" button. Ignore the messagebox that pops up sooner or later to warn you that this might take a while to calculate. What this does is giving your CPU a lot to do which should bring it to full clock speed. Now start UT. I guess this might take a while longer. Once it's fully loaded switch back to the desktop and quit the calculator. Switch back to UT. With some luck this works. It cold also do the exact opposite though.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
lol this reminds me of some really old 2D PC games... If you ran them on fast computers everything would move at 5 million miles per hour and the game would be over faster than you can snap your fingers. :D

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Twisted Metal said:
lol this reminds me of some really old 2D PC games... If you ran them on fast computers everything would move at 5 million miles per hour and the game would be over faster than you can snap your fingers. :D
Yeah. I had that after I upgraded to a 486 and a lot of my older games didn't work anymore