Deus Ex Junk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Augs in the aug screen have been recolored to use the same scheme as the HUD display. Green ones are always active augs. Red ones are disabled, due to extensive damage to their host tissue. Also in this shot are the new vision aug icon, and the description of the new tech level of the infolink.

Attachments

• augs.jpg
    augs.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 56

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've made weapons shift forward and backward as you aim down and up, sorta like in Half-Life. Sorta subtle (I would try making it more pronounced, but lots of weapons don't have much past what's normally visible modeled, so you'd end up seeing where they cut off, unless I made them start way far back while aiming straight forward), but it's kinda neat.

Attachments

• down.jpg
    down.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 39
  • up.jpg
    up.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 28

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
'Flare: I haven't been making a list, and my memory is sometimes lame. So I'll list what I can remember:
Range weapon mods affect projectile weapons.
Laser weapon mods no longer 100% your accuracy, but instead give you half your standing accuracy bonus, and make the other half add up twice as fast.
Using a scope no longer makes your shots 100% accurate, each weapon has it's own scope accuracy multiplier (putting a scope on a pistol isn't going to magically make the pistol a sniper rifle anymore).
Putting a scope on a weapon no longer reduces its non-scope accuracy.
Crouching with a rifle or heavy weapon makes your standing accuracy bonus timer increase a bit faster, reduces recoil slightly, and reduces scope waver.
Each shot fired reduces your standing timer a bit (only really relevant with rapid weapons).
Crouching/standing or zooming/unzooming reduce your standing timer.
Crouching into a fall reduces damage taken.
HL-style duck-jumps can be performed.
Jumping while coming out of a crouch increases your jump height slightly (not really noticable normally, but with the speed aug you get some real height increases this way).
Scrambler grenades have been replaced with holographic decoys.
Lasers are invisible unless using IR goggles or the vision aug, which both have new effects.
Laser bug involving throwing a decoration (crates, etc.) into their beam fixed.
Combat strength aug replaced with electrostatic discharge.
EMP and energy shield augs have been merged, old energy shield replaced with a concussive blast aug.
Aug energy use reworked.
PS20 replaced with flare gun, made stackable.
Some new features with decorations implemented.
Hacking skill modified to give you new abilities with each new level, rather than simple hack speed and time improvements.
Low tech weapon skill now increase your rate of attack, as the description says it should.
Low tech weapons are slower when used underwater (fluid resistence).
More gibs when exploding people.
Some fragments (pieces of wood when braking crates, shell casings, etc.) persist indefinitely.
DTS takes up only one space, and does less than half the damage it used to (which is still a lot of damage).
A few weapons are shiny in first person (without simply making them bMeshEnviroMap and sacrificing all their texture detail).
Flare darts replaced with weak EMP darts.
Mini-crossbow has shows correct darts loaded on the first person view mesh (this includes being empty).
Pistol can have silencer weapon mod, stealth pistol can't have laser weapon mod, but can shoot underwater.
Augmentation cannisters containing an aug you already own can be used to upgrade that aug.
Repairbots and medbots only restore a set amount of energy/health.
Progress bars are now a blue to red progression, unless describing health, in which case they're still green to red.
Weapon draw/holster speed bonus with weapon skill (double bonus for low tech draw speeds).
Misc. oversights in original code fixed.
Umm... I think that might be it, but I could be forgetting some stuff.

Postal: messing with RenderOverlays(). Actually, no, messing with CalcDrawOffset(), which is called by RenderOverlays().

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Well for all you know that list is less than half of everything I've actually implemented.

Anyway, I've messed with the view bob and stuff a lot. When you jump, there's a delay, accompanied by a dip in your view, before you actually jump. Running, crouching, and jumping immediately thereafter will let you long jump. The up and down oscillation of your view from Unreal has been put back in, and when you land your view jerks downward. If you sit idly for a while, your view will start moving around a bit, with your weapon still pointed where you had been aiming.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Using melee weapons makes them bloody.

Attachments

• bloodyknife.jpg
    bloodyknife.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
  • extrabloodyknife.jpg
    extrabloodyknife.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 30

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Only the sort that uses the brightness of the pixel to determine its visibility. And ScaleGlow doesn't work with Modulated textures.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I think I'm done with the new electricity.

Attachments

• zap3.jpg
    zap3.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 32

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I'm not really sure if I'm gonna release this before it's done. If you play through the game once with a bunch of new details, would you really wanna play through it again with the same new details, plus a few more?

Anyway, here's a shot of the DTS. I made the blade brighter, to make it seem more solid, toned down the glow and made it static, removed the blur unless attacking, and modified the skin a bit. The pickup mesh also shows it turned off now, and it only takes up one inventory space for the handle. I've also reduced its damage from 100 to 40, which is still quite a massive amount.

Attachments

• DTS.jpg
    DTS.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 29

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The GEP gun is one of the weapons that's shiny now. It looks quite nice. Besides that, scopes can be toggled before you can fire again, which is nice for the sniper rifle since it would lock you into your scope view for a few seconds. There's also that crouch bonus jazz.

I don't know how long 'til it's done.