What has happened to ID and Activision?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diving Mullah

Jan 11, 2000
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Visit site
I was reading that the expansion pack for Quake 3 is comming out.

UT had already released its expansion pack!

Then I read the new pack from Inoxx for UT is also out and it is free... again!

How much is Activision charging for thier pack??

Now I remmeber a time when activision was pretty cool with Mechworrier, and I76.

So here is my question... What has happened to Activision?

I am glad that I play UT!

Mullah

------------------
Kick Hard and Blow Bubbles! [:]O

B

BloW__Smoke

But epic is smart to not so, and let it out free, this will boost the imago of epic/unreal tournament. and give the game more lifetime, wich leads to longer sales of the game. and that compensate the loss of imcome a bit for not selling bonus packs.

bullet2.gif

I Evolve with every frag more to the ultimate Genetic Llama Killer

The 45e volenteer squadron is ready for action

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

maxrevs

May 4, 2000
Mallow,Co.Cork,Ireland
Visit site
In my experience , commercial expansion packs suck. big time. usually all you get is a few extra weapons and a few levels , of which there are often better ones available for free., also , many commercial expansion packs are made my third parties , (see gearbox, xatrix, ritual) which often stray from the original design teams vision of their product. This is why epic can't lose. 1.the pack is free , so if it sucked , no money is lost ,2. the packs ROCK. I feel this is mainly due to the fact that the original design team produced said expansion packs . no money , no risk , no problem.
Nuff said.

bullet2.gif

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no Evil , for The meanest motherf**kers in the valley,Are on my team...