PDA

View Full Version : The Good Ol Days

Trentdaddy
9th Jul 2005, 07:52 PM
I would make a cool, quirky comment for this, but I don't feel like it right now.

Do you miss the good ol' days of WMP, when it used to be called WoD instead of WMP? Yeah, well, relive the days at

http://photobucket.com/albums/v150/Trentdaddy/Good_Ol_days/

Name: Trentdaddy Pass: iwantin

Smoke39
10th Jul 2005, 01:34 AM
I still have all the pics I stuck up here. Many of them are up in the art gallery of my site. The pie eatin' contest between Kangu and Jesus is there. :b

Postal
10th Jul 2005, 02:27 PM
I got all the old versons of WoD archived on my other computer.

The three things I miss.
1 When this place was active.
2 ModSquad, so I could go there and dl all the newest mods.
3 When people here actually made stuff.

We dont need new blood, we need the few people left here to get off their asses and do something. Then when were active, that will attact new people.

Heres what I propose.

1. Make a new section of the forum, User Reviews. Then when one of us Dls a mod, weither it be RO or a single weapon. You go to the reviews section of the forum. Post a Quick or long review(its on you) give it a score(make a standard, perhaps like the 5U system we had, ie "4.5 out of 5 U's") Have some screenies, and then other people can chip in their comments on the reviews. This will bring people to here, and make this forum usefull.

2. Yo oldskool coders, start coding again. Get Kangus, Smoke, me, etc back in the game. Ive started coding again, but I gotta get my desktop comp back before I can really test anything. If theres actually some new content here to discuss and to have would make things more interesting.

3. Simple and easy, something everyone can do. Just come here ever couple of days and post a post or 2. If youre posting outside rants and raves, keep the posts on topic, and help keep activity up. Who wants to hang out at a dead forum?

So whatda think?

The Infantry 0311 carded Military Postal Orderly.
Postal

Smoke39
11th Jul 2005, 07:55 AM
Yo oldskool coders, start coding again. Get Kangus, Smoke, me, etc back in the game.
I am coding. Just not for an Unreal game.

Neuroflare
11th Jul 2005, 03:17 PM
Its an Unreal Engine game, jackass. and Im sure we all have it. So... postify your workdizzle. or at least linkify it.

Kangus and Wong are currently engrossed in one of those evil MMORPGs called WoW.

Sam Master just disappeared as far as I can tell.

Oh, an the forums are starting to turn on again, seeing as how the four of us have been posting more and more.

Smoke39
11th Jul 2005, 09:12 PM
I didn't say it wasn't an Unreal engine game, I said it wasn't an Unreal game. Jackass. :O
I haven't released any of my stuff yet, but I'll start posting pictures an' junk if you want me to.

Postal
11th Jul 2005, 09:53 PM
Show me the screenies!

Smoke39
12th Jul 2005, 12:01 AM
New on-fire effect. Looks cool in motion in-game.

Postal
12th Jul 2005, 07:11 PM
Looks cool, so, is that all you have made?

Neuroflare
12th Jul 2005, 09:12 PM
FYI, its DX. he showded me a pretty cool new threat indicator augmentation that rocked the party, LAN party that is, since no amount of coding can rock a real party.

Postal
12th Jul 2005, 09:22 PM
I know, I want to see more, more I say!

Smoke39
12th Jul 2005, 09:54 PM
Here's the spiffed up targeting aug 'Flare mentioned.

Neuroflare
13th Jul 2005, 01:25 AM
I stil think Tac-A-Lyzer is best. Though TacAn sounds better, the other is catchier! But showing their vitals, distance, laodout and such must be highest aug mentation, right?

Smoke39
13th Jul 2005, 01:44 AM
Tac-A-Lyzer is goofy.
That shot's of the aug at its highest level. You get more data with each upgrade, and the highest level gives you telescopic vision that actually changes your FOV rather than just drawing a stupid, useless box showing a close-up of what you're pointing at.

Smoke39
13th Jul 2005, 03:46 AM
Carcasses in water bleed now.

Postal
13th Jul 2005, 06:28 AM
Those are sweet, maybe I will have to reinstall to try those things.

Smoke39
13th Jul 2005, 06:51 AM
New appearance customizer.

Postal
13th Jul 2005, 09:50 AM
Smoke, why dont you start a new thread for the DX stuff?

Smoke39
13th Jul 2005, 09:57 AM
In here, or General Discussion?

Postal
13th Jul 2005, 10:57 AM
GD or course, it isnt a rant or rave.

Kangus
19th Jul 2005, 01:16 PM
I got all the old versons of WoD archived on my other computer.

The three things I miss.
1 When this place was active.
2 ModSquad, so I could go there and dl all the newest mods.
3 When people here actually made stuff.

1 When the whole blasted community was actuially active
2 When Modsquad actually had something to review.
3 yeah, that was nice. But then both RegX and Wong quit coding and nobody else was, so I lost any drive to get anything done myself. Such a shame.

Postal
21st Jul 2005, 04:53 PM
The community is still active, its just not centralized any more. Finding stuff is much harder. For example, stuff is released on other forums, places that some BUFers never go.

Trentdaddy
28th Jul 2005, 10:29 PM
Aww ****, I'm pissed. I had some more pics to put up, but all of a sudden they were not there. (BTW, this is a late post, this incident happened weeks ago). They were transfred from the old computer which had them to our laptop. But now all of the sudden, they aren't there. My mom went in a deleting things and it is likely she may have deleted it (I can' trust her on a computer by herself, just when I thought I could.) Sigh. I may have some more somewhere though.

Postal
29th Jul 2005, 08:01 AM
You cant trust old people.

Its a shame, they got lots of knowledge and experience, but you just cant trust those old kinving weasles.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
11th Aug 2005, 06:34 AM
A centralised place would be nice. A Modsquad would be nice. But some things will get better when the next UT comes out... provided it doesn't suck.

Do you all still play UT? How often?

Smoke39
11th Aug 2005, 09:26 PM
I haven't played UT in forever. I messed with Unreal a bit a while ago, though.

Postal
12th Aug 2005, 01:00 PM
I dont play UT any more. Tried to play though Unreal a while back, quit about half way though.

Dragon6
13th Oct 2005, 12:45 AM
Yes, It would be nice if people came back and posted >.>

XD

<3

Well.. looks like another art thread is in order... *contemplates the madness*... oh the s.p.o.d >= >