Confusion about GameInfo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Postman22

Jun 28, 2005
Hello,

I have created a little mod, which has its own gameinfo, pawn and controller class. I set in my mod.ini the required entries so that when I start ut2004 my classes are used. I come into confision when in inherit my gameinfo class from GameInfo, my pawn class is used. But when I inherit it from XDeathmatch, a ut2004 pawn class is used when starting ut2004 . Why is it so?

Thanks for answering!

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
You have to set the PlayerControllerClassName as well as the DefaultPlayerClassName in the default properties of your gametype, since the PlayerControllerClassName tells it what PlayerController to use, and the PlayerController tells it what pawn to use.

Postman22

Jun 28, 2005
Thanks for your advice. I didn´t set the DefaultPlayerClassName.

After setting the DefaultPlayerClassName I tried my gametype in a custom map and it works fine.

Now I thought I could use a UT2004 DM-map with my own gametype, but it doesn´t work. Why does ut2004 not use my gametype, controller and pawn class in a default dm map?

Another question is, why does my pawn not carry I weapon when I inherit my gameinfo class from xDeathmatch, controller from UnrealPlayer and pawn from UnrealPawn? Do I need to overwrite some functions in my class or set any default properties?

Last edited: