PDA

View Full Version : DUP-Bots in SinglePlayer

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 12:55 AM
I just wanted to look , which stats my chars have in SP but I wasn`t able to quit *g* So I was palying and playing. Well, i must admit that the DUP-Bots were going on my nerves, playing against 3 Gorge`s is a little bit dull.
So I made small upl swaping some parts (eg sapphire`s head on laurens body) and it did work out well :) I "changed" the entire Supernova-team that way. Than I made a Saphire alternate body (instead of magenta just green/yellow) and a quick portrait. When the chars have still the same portraits, it`s pretty useless *g*

A new Perish (Supernova`s Leader) was born :)

What do you think? Is such a project intresting or useless?

UTGirl
8th Jul 2005, 01:54 AM
From time 2 time I play it, but it should definitaly be more exciting! A little bit league based maybe. Is there an intresting mod available?

Getting rid of that silly DUPs would be nice, but I think most of the mass don`t care about SP

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 08:21 AM
I really don't know to be honest. The duplicates don't tend to show up too often and given they play differently to the original I reckon ppl playing SP are kept on their toes. I don't see the harm in them but sure everybody wants a new playable character instead. These days does anyone actually play online? All I ever see are loads of empty servers. Personally I nearly always play offline these days and I'm sure a lot more do too. One thing I would like to see though for SP (in UT2007) is an actual story and a more immersive experience :D

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 08:43 AM
I really don't know to be honest. The duplicates don't tend to show up too often and given they play differently to the original I reckon ppl playing SP are kept on their toes. I don't see the harm in them but sure everybody wants a new playable character instead. These days does anyone actually play online? All I ever see are loads of empty servers. Personally I nearly always play offline these days and I'm sure a lot more do too. One thing I would like to see though for SP (in UT2007) is an actual story and a more immersive experience :D

Well than I`ll continue with that Mercenary DUP Update :p
It`s truly nothing special but it`s a little bit of change...and I just need a little inspirational break *lol*

It`s not a real annoying thing, but having a Team full of Sapphire`s is not so creative :p
I`ll only change Mercenary DUPs (for now) that in SP, due it`s only a small tweak for SP. This should not take to long, so SaD should be prepared for another "small" pack. (Why do my packs always grow that much in filesize??)
The "original" will only have 2 team colors (as mentioned, it`s for SP), but I`ll also make a set of 4 Teamcolors, for full compatibility :)

I also don`t play online, only in LAN. It`s just more personal to discuss the feelings in a small break :D and in LAN I always no the weak points *hehe*

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 08:46 AM
I also don`t play online, only in LAN. It`s just more personal to discuss the feelings in a small break :D and in LAN I always no the weak points *hehe*

Easier to jump over and smack the guy who's just fragged u :lol:

You could always make a pack of only dups and get 100 emails saying these skins don't work :D rofl

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 08:46 AM
Is there an intresting mod available?

I don`t know any mod making this a "league"

Does anybody remember Worms? Such a league system would be funny :)

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 08:49 AM
Easier to jump over and smack the guy who's just fragged u :lol:

You could always make a pack of only dups and get 100 emails saying these skins don't work :D rofl

I see, you`ve gotten the hidden message :lol:

Currently it`s named xplayers001.upl, and works good :) I think UT searches for the name, and searches the upls in alphabetical order :)

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 08:52 AM
I think UT searches the upls in alphabetical order Yup true

SaD
8th Jul 2005, 08:56 AM
..so SaD should be prepared for another "small" pack. (Why do my packs always grow that much in filesize??)

Cant wait :)

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 08:56 AM
Yup true

So all altered DUP`s should work :p I`ve also fgured out, that UT2k4 ignores all players with upl-names higher than XplayersL2 :)
I`ve put all (Human) skins, which don`t fit SP in my opinion (eg. Neo and Smith) in a XplayerL3 *lol*

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 09:01 AM
Only thing is if you change any of the default .upl files xplayersL1, xplayersL2, or xplayersL3 you won't get online if you want to. You'll get booted by AntiTCC straight away. Make a separate .upl if you haven't already, MäxX ;) Unless you never intend playing online or you could backup the originals and restore them if you need to :)

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 09:07 AM
Only thing is if you change any of the default .upl files xplayersL1, xplayersL2, or xplayersL3 you won't get online if you want to. You'll get booted by AntiTCC straight away. Make a separate .upl if you haven't already, MäxX ;) Unless you never intend playing online or you could backup the originals and restore them if you need to :)

I never touched the standart upls (I read the warnings some time ago *g*), but when ading a (non existing) xplayersXYZ.upl, you will also be kicked? omg, that`s not what I want to achieve *g* we`ll mnybe I just rename the upl to another name, but as close as possible to the original xplayers, just not to mess up the "real" Char-Selection-Screenie *g*

EDIT: ähm, which upl was included with the ECE? the 3? Well, then I know what I have to restore, when having online actions ins mind :p

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 09:14 AM
No you're ok if it's a new file, regardless of the name you're fine. Just make sure any dups don't have the same name as existing characters or dups or maybe the more popular skins/models ppl use :D

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 09:20 AM
No you're ok if it's a new file, regardless of the name you're fine. Just make sure any dups don't have the same name as existing characters or dups or maybe the more popular skins/models ppl use :D

But I have to do it that way :p
If I want to change the Sapphire DUP Perish, I must give UT a char called Perish and an upl beeing first in alphabetical order, so UT takes this char :)
With that, there will be probs with online gaming?

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 09:21 AM
I think so. You'd really have to give her a different name or remove the new upl if you're going online :)

[EDIT] any character with the same name as a default, even a dup will cause online problems

[EDIT#2] first rule of thumb when naming a character, search each of the xplayers files for the name you want to use ;)

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 09:23 AM
:eek: Now I have Kantham's problem and am being called a lurker!

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 09:30 AM
Ah I see, well than there have to be 2 versions

One for replacing the bots in SP (that what it`s designed for) and another with total diffrent names for online gamers

omg, why was Epic so clumsy with that?

Hm, so I also have to change the name of "Fury" in my TSE pack? It only caused probs in SP, but when it`s useless for online gamings it`s not good :D

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 09:34 AM
OMG you're right there is a fury isn't she an ugly jugg chick? You could always called her furious :lol: Be back later :tup:

Kantham
8th Jul 2005, 09:40 AM
:eek: Now I have Kantham's problem and am being called a lurker!

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=161074

Well , single player against bot is damn cool since i know how to make them play good inside my levels. I guess what you mean is that you are tired to frag bots with the same look again, again, and again. Well, that's not a problem for me , i like to get a couple of good skins though, i got rid of the whole U2 models from Levels4you ans same for the halo one since i was so tired of them. Bha, i guess i will probably browse one of my CD to reinstall the Unreal 2 ones. Man they rock.

I can't use you nice looking skins btw Maxx, each time i play on a antiTCC server, it tell me that my skins are not authorized for playing, like if i'm haxing or somthing

That's bad.

MxX
8th Jul 2005, 09:43 AM
@klas: You`re right, she`s a fat n`ugly Ambrosia-DUP :p

@kan: Well that`s 2 bad, they should revise their ban-routines :(

Meatball01
8th Jul 2005, 01:36 PM
I have recreated some of the DUP bots, like downloading a skin and renaming it. HOWEVER, if you edit the actual line in the xplayersl1 file, it will kick you off of a AntiTCC servers:(

So what i did is i named the bot to the correct name(Caskuli for example) and i added this to the end of it ã. So his name is Caskuliã, the ã doesn't show up in game but it still detects it as a separate character so AntiTCC doesn't kick me. I have 3 upl files, a Characters one, a Custom one(for custom models), and a DUP one which is basically so when i play online it'll detect the models i renamed.

By doing this i have recreated all the classicUT99 teams as well as Super Nova and Goliath :)

klasnic
8th Jul 2005, 05:18 PM
Cool :2thumb: thanks for the info Meatball :)

MxX
10th Jul 2005, 11:52 PM
@mb: that`s a great idea, small cause, great outcome :D
I gonna try, if SP-Mode also takes that chars (doubt it, due other name)
But this trick can definitaly be used, for an online gaming upl :) Or I make it as planed [DUP]Name, like clans, well time will reveal *lol*

For the moment I`ve changed the whole Merc DUPs. Well, looks like I was a little bit 2 enthusiastic, due SP doesn`t use them all *lol*

It will also have CTF4-support, but this will be made a seperate d/l, due the filesize is (as always *lol*) big enough and the primary objective is a better SP (this mode only supports 2 Teams, if somebody doesn`t know *lol*) experience.
I also like the that each char will get his/her own story, again in fact nothing real new, I`ll take the bios from UT(99) ;)
Yesterday I made myself a small Excel-Sheet showing all DUP-Names used in SP (concerning to the save log option), and will also do the other races.

Actually I have a "cleaned" xplayersL1.upl and 6 xplayersDUP (1 for each race) upls. Here`s the plan:

With the installation a subfolder AlternateDUPs is created.
In this there are 2 umod-files:
umod1: activating the alt DUPs for SP
umod2: switching back to original upls, 5 of 6 xplayersDUP.upls only contain a " " in it (don`t think that a umod can delete files :P), and adding another upl (using the DUP-Bots with other names) for online gaming. For this procedure all AlternateDUP packs should be installed, man why all must be so complicated :)

Of course the files will be also stored there for manual change. Here are some quick shots of the stuff (can`t wait to be finished, I really want to conquer SP with all "new" bots)

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3839/alternatedupcharsel7xv.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alternatedupcharsel7xv.jpg) http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5461/alternatedupcharsel29wi.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alternatedupcharsel29wi.jpg)

P.S.: I`m not planning to release this stuff as "normal" skinpack (without that SP stuff) due the bots are all just recolored and not really worth called an own Skinpack. I consider this as a work Epic should have been done ;)

P.P.S.: All the guys (and girls :p) looking at the second pic and saying "Hey, there`s a Name from UT(99) in there, this is no porper DUP!" :
You`re right :p Actually there are 3 "Bonus" chars included, tendence growing *lol*

P.P.P.S: (oh man, but I was able to save 3 EDITs *lol*)
@ SaD should this be moved to the WIP-section?

EDIT1 (damn *g*): Should we also edit the standart portraits? I don`t say making them all new, but using the UT2k4-char-background I made ;)

UTGirl
11th Jul 2005, 03:23 AM
Ui, this gonna be a little bit complicated, but is looking great. Luckily I never play online, so I don`t care much :p

I like the portraits, the BG looks also nice.

MxX
11th Jul 2005, 04:54 AM
Ui, this gonna be a little bit complicated, but is looking great. Luckily I never play online, so I don`t care much :p

I like the portraits, the BG looks also nice.

Yap, would be nice if it wasn`t so strict, or the DUPs would have never existed (at least the ones used in SP mode :(), but it`s ok. At least I`m not getting bored :lol:

SaD
11th Jul 2005, 08:58 AM
@ SaD should this be moved to the WIP-section?

Moved.

MxX
11th Jul 2005, 09:30 AM
thx ;)

oh man, 2 projects WIP, I should finish one *lol*

SaD
11th Jul 2005, 11:41 AM

Yep , before someone is calling you DukeNukemforeverandever-skinner.:lol:

klasnic
11th Jul 2005, 03:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MxX
11th Jul 2005, 11:35 PM

Yap, but obviously I have the same release dates...(when its`done....it`s done) :lol:

SaD
12th Jul 2005, 09:00 AM
Yap, but obviously I have the same release dates...(when its`done....it`s done) :lol:

You are skinning for UT2024 ? :lol:

MxX
12th Jul 2005, 09:12 AM
You are skinning for UT2024 ? :lol:
:lol: absolutely right

klasnic
12th Jul 2005, 11:43 AM
:lol:

MxX
13th Jul 2005, 12:23 AM
*gg* but at least the Mercs are done now :p

I tested this on a quick new profile and it turned out nice. The chars are only "recolored" but they are still different and all with an own bio (copied from UT) but I think I should get a new "bio-source", this will quickly run dry *rofl*

Also the skills are slightly changed (for instance Super Nova`s leader Perish has been a little bit pushed, not much, but she should be stronger than her members *lol*)

on the pic you would see:
Sapphire, Wraith, Prism, Torch, Prism, torch and Sapphire, I think this is a little bit better ;) :
http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/3418/alternatedupsp12wt.th.jpg (http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alternatedupsp12wt.jpg)

The Juggs will be done next :)

Hopefully I`ll get some inspirations for Havoc (I just don`t have any idea what I should do with him, he just looks too gay :( ) and Titan (completely clueless @ the moment)

klasnic
13th Jul 2005, 11:36 AM
Nice portraits, keeping an eye out ;)

UTGirl
14th Jul 2005, 07:07 AM
thx ;)

that`s definitaly true ;)

nice idea though and I love Perish`s biotext :D

MxX
15th Jul 2005, 12:27 AM
.... I love Perish`s biotext :D

Why am I not surprised? :lol:

Starry Might
17th Jul 2005, 11:20 AM
I have recreated some of the DUP bots, like downloading a skin and renaming it. HOWEVER, if you edit the actual line in the xplayersl1 file, it will kick you off of a AntiTCC servers:(

So what i did is i named the bot to the correct name(Caskuli for example) and i added this to the end of it . So his name is Caskuli, the doesn't show up in game but it still detects it as a separate character so AntiTCC doesn't kick me. I have 3 upl files, a Characters one, a Custom one(for custom models), and a DUP one which is basically so when i play online it'll detect the models i renamed.

By doing this i have recreated all the classicUT99 teams as well as Super Nova and Goliath :)
After seeing this post back when it was made (I was a lowly guest then :p), I tried this trick with a few skins and a model I had...

MEATBALL01, YOU'RE A GENIUS!! :eek: It worked like a peach! :2thumb:

I noticed that if the character's name is used in a possessive sense, there's a space between the last letter and the apostrophe where the hidden character is (e.g. "So-and-so rode Janus 's rocket into oblivion"). But compared to the problems people would have if the name DIDN'T have it, that's diddly squat! :D

Meatball01
17th Jul 2005, 05:13 PM
i first noticed this when i was making a bot of one of my clan members, his name was dragon, but there is a DUP bot named dragon, so i named him drgon, and when the didn't appear i figured it out

MxX
18th Jul 2005, 02:18 AM
Can someone give me the original and unmodified xplayersL3.upl, which came with the ECE-Bonus pack?

Seems like it had a small ......"accident" :lol: and I don`t want to d/l the whole thing again (my pal has lost the vital DVD with all the downloaded UT2k4 mods :mad: )

Would be nice :p

btw, the new status:
JugMaleB is already replaced, currently working on JugMaleA. I will also revise the "standart" portraits with the background and Nikolai (UT2k3 intro) will also pay us a small visit ;)

klasnic
18th Jul 2005, 07:01 AM
Just about to mail it ;)

[EDIT] Done!

MxX
18th Jul 2005, 10:05 AM
thx Klas! You`re the man :)

Puh, I didn?`t remember that it was called xaplayersl3, well has been a long time *lol*

Anyway, now I can think of the possibilities I have.

I think I`ll make an upl Set for SinglePlayerDUPsSwappingAction (oh man, what a word :lol: ) which also swaps the standart portraits (with the "new" background) -> this won`t work online, but a new Singleplayer experience

then an upl set switching the 3 standart upls back and adding the DUPs with the name trick meatball mentioned -> Online play should work, SP as always (DUPs)

and maybe a set with bios in xplayers.int for users with UT2k3 or UT2k4 in retail version. (own bio-files don`t work there)

what do you think?
The best would be making a whole new SP-Mod, using the new DUPs (to avaoid probs with the DUP-Names online) and beeing almost identical to "normal" mode, but I`m not a coder, just a dreamer :lol:

Well gotta go, there are some bad *ss*d jugs which want to join the tournaments *lol*

UTGirl
19th Jul 2005, 08:56 AM
I don`t play online so I don`t mind Online upls, just terminate those DUPs in SP and I`m happy :D

Do you have new screenies?

MxX
19th Jul 2005, 09:21 AM
I don`t play online so I don`t mind Online upls, just terminate those DUPs in SP and I`m happy :D

Do you have new screenies?

On my way :D

When I`m happy with the JugMaleA (still some nasyt things to fix) than I`ll make the portraits. With the new portraits I`ll make a shot of the char selection with both JugMaleA and JugMaleB. ;) but this could take a while :(

klasnic
19th Jul 2005, 07:12 PM
I play as much online as offline these days so I'm happy either way :D

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 12:15 AM
Today in the morning I wanted to put a screenie on my USB-flashdisk (forgot it yesterday) but then something strange happened.
The PC started but there was no pic on the monitor and the PC sounded a little bit strange (my personal impression of course), than I triggered the Power ON/OFF Button for a few seconds (to shut down stalled PCs) and now it doesn`t anything. Hopefully there is only the power pack is terminated and the HD is not harmed.

I have no backup at the moment of all my stuff, I thought a almost new PC (bought November 2k4) is more reliable and wanted to make Backups after the whole work was done

It`s always good having less time and wasting it with fixing your d*mn*d PC

:mad: :tdown: :stick: :rant: :angst++: :404:

wish me luck :(

LeGeNDaRy
20th Jul 2005, 12:57 AM
PC problems are always a pain in the arse.. Good luck, Max. =/

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 02:21 AM
thx, gonna need it :|

well, when I only have to switch the power pack (or motherboard) it can be done on friday and all is fine, BUT when the HD has disappeared in the Nirvana I would really be p*ss*d of.

Many many hours of work would be lost *arghl*

*jumpsaround*
*jumpsagainstthedoor*
*openswindow*
*takesaheavyprinter*
*throwsitoutofthewindow*
*itdirectlylandsontheroofofchief`scar*
*dirtylaughing*
*feelsmuchbetternow*

UTGirl
20th Jul 2005, 02:49 AM
omg, hopefuly there`s not to much damaged :eek:

destroying things just helps feeling better :lol:

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 07:02 AM
omg, hopefuly there`s not to much damaged :eek:
I share your hopes :|

destroying things just helps feeling better :lol:
:2thumb: that`s right *lol*

LeGeNDaRy
20th Jul 2005, 10:39 AM
Nooooo! Not the printer!

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 10:42 AM
Nooooo! Not the printer!
2 late :lol:

SaD
20th Jul 2005, 10:58 AM
BUT when the HD has disappeared in the Nirvana I would really be p*ss*d of.

Many many hours of work would be lost *arghl*

I can feel you pain .Thats the reason for me to backup all SkinCity-Files on my mobile harddisk and to burn them weekly on DVD .

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 11:05 AM
I can feel you pain .Thats the reason for me to backup all SkinCity-Files on my mobile harddisk and to burn them weekly on DVD .
Well than thx for backing up TSE version 1 for me :lol:

I think just power pack and mb crashed, I`ll check it out when I`m @ home

and the first thing what will be done is a Backup...no 10 BackUps :p

Starry Might
20th Jul 2005, 02:39 PM
Today in the morning I wanted to put a screenie on my USB-flashdisk (forgot it yesterday) but then something strange happened.
The PC started but there was no pic on the monitor and the PC sounded a little bit strange (my personal impression of course), than I triggered the Power ON/OFF Button for a few seconds (to shut down stalled PCs) and now it doesn`t anything. Hopefully there is only the power pack is terminated and the HD is not harmed.wish me luck :(
Yikes. :eek:

(*SHOT IN THE DARK*) Was the strange sound like a loud "POP!" or something like that? 'Cause if it was, then the power supply (or pack, as you call it) is the culprit. Something like that happened to my Dad's computer once. I'll have to ask him about that when he gets home from work to be sure.

EDIT: Well, I talked to my Dad, and in our case, it was the power supply.

LeGeNDaRy
20th Jul 2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah that happened to me twice in a month, actually.
While I was chatting, my pc just closed.. screen was black.. and the fans wern't working.
Same with me, I toggled the on/off button. For the first time there was the light, but nothing more.. and it stayed that way.
I just went to change the power supply, but I have to warn you things might not be like before... at least for me they wern't.
The heat overcharged which led to my power supply to fry; that then messed up a part of my hard drive.. Bad times.. Hope it's not that bad for you, I had to get a new hard drive.

MxX
20th Jul 2005, 11:16 PM
(*SHOT IN THE DARK*) Was the strange sound like a loud "POP!" or something like that? 'Cause if it was, then the power supply (or pack, as you call it) is the culprit. Something like that happened to my Dad's computer once. I'll have to ask him about that when he gets home from work to be sure.
Sorry my english is sometimes off a little :p I wasn`t sure if it`s called PS so i considered google :p Well obsiously google is better for other purposes *remembersourotherthread*

I had such a failure too some years ago. Here the power supply simply denied any further working and took my motherboard with it to the ultimate death (at least without fire or other jokes) -> a classic suicide -> -1 Frag

Thx for the sympathy and considering your dad :)

While I was chatting, my pc just closed.. screen was black.. and the fans wern't working.
Same with me, I toggled the on/off button. For the first time there was the light, but nothing more.. and it stayed that way.
I just went to change the power supply, but I have to warn you things might not be like before... at least for me they wern't.
The heat overcharged which led to my power supply to fry; that then messed up a part of my hard drive.. Bad times.. Hope it's not that bad for you, I had to get a new hard drive.

That`s the thing I pray for!
I hope the HD has survived that insidious attack! Or in case it`s damaged I hopefully can save my work to another HD :(

I just wanted to quote myself. Only one time :D
Sorry for that, my fault *g*

Anyways, today I`ll get the PC to my CST (computer specialist and retailer) to let him take a closer look.
I`ve not done anything with it, due I don`t want to void the waranty

hm, further details -> my quote

UTGirl
20th Jul 2005, 11:24 PM
I just wanted to quote myself. Only one time
Sorry for that, my fault *g*

Anyways, today I`ll get the PC to my CST (computer specialist and retailer) to let him take a closer look.
I`ve not done anything with it, due I don`t want to void the waranty

I wish you the best! Hopefully your hd was not harmed.

P.S.: I want to have this blond Perish version!!! ;)

EDIT: I just wanted to quote someone quoting himself :p

MxX
21st Jul 2005, 12:01 AM
I wish you the best! Hopefully your hd was not harmed.

P.S.: I want to have this blond Perish version!!! ;)

With a little bit luck all should be fine today, let`s see :)

You`ll get it. *g* If the hd is not harmed and you can`t wait, you can have Perish as a Beta Version ;)

EDIT: I just wanted to quote someone quoting himself :p

That`s a great feeling isnt`t it? :lol:

LeGeNDaRy
21st Jul 2005, 12:02 AM

Hey it does feel good! :D

MxX
21st Jul 2005, 12:12 AM

Starry Might
21st Jul 2005, 03:03 PM
"It's Lame to quote yourself - Thanatos833"
Couldn't resist posting that (I like to collect amusing quotes from various places). :lol:

Thanatos833 is right, y'know. Stop quoting yourselves!

bHypocrite=True. :p

P.S. - Good luck with your computer, MäxX! Hope your hard drive's okay! :)

MxX
22nd Jul 2005, 01:21 AM
Here the actual status:

1. The PC has been convinced, that it would be a nice move to continue working \o/
It was the Power supply and the motherboard seems not to`ve been harmed in any ways. And all my datacrap is still on that HD *wipes pearls of the forehead*
Good that there is 2 years warranty on it, didn`t cost anything (except nerves, lost hair, and time :p)

2. Here is the promised screenie of the male jugs -> 50% of the DUPs are replaced now *hrhr* I have to make some revisions afterwards, but the primary objective is the switching for now :p

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/6083/alternatedupcharsel34oq.th.jpg (http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alternatedupcharsel34oq.jpg)

3. I know it`s bad for body and mind to selfquote, but I just can`t stop. I`ve tried so many times to stop :( Since I`ve given up smoking I just need diversion :lol:

UTGirl
22nd Jul 2005, 05:13 AM
A Beta sounds nice -> you got a PM :shy:

good your PC is running again and you haven`t lost anything :-)

MxX
22nd Jul 2005, 05:23 AM
A Beta sounds nice -> you got a PM :shy:

good your PC is running again and you haven`t lost anything :-)

remail :p

Sahkolihaa
22nd Jul 2005, 10:27 AM
I have to admit these looks pretty cool. If your going to be touching the Gen Mo'kai, I'm going to expect a load of cursing due to colour matching :D

I can tell if these ever get released I'll be downloading them and going on SP mode again :)

Meatball01
22nd Jul 2005, 11:34 AM
nice, me will be using the juggs for my Goliath team

Starry Might
22nd Jul 2005, 07:25 PM
First of all, I'm glad to hear your computer is okay again, MäxX! :D

Second, I've never even commented on the skins in this topic (SHAME ON ME!! :eek:). I like how you're trying to give the "DUP" Bots a more unique appearance. :) (I think some of the skins could use a little more modification, though.)

klasnic
23rd Jul 2005, 09:49 AM
Glad to hear your comp's ok MäxX. I had a major breakdown a while back and had to change just about everything so it's no fun :)

MxX
24th Jul 2005, 11:34 PM
first off all, thanks for the comments :D

I`ve also thought of making more different suits, let`s see how far my inspirations can take me :p At least 4 diffrent heads would be good, since UT2k4 uses max. 4 of the DUPs in game. But on the other hand, if I made the others playable in SP too....... *scratcheshead* Well let`s see in which mood I am then :lol:

Yap Gen Mo`Kai will be funny, but there are not so many DUPS to do :p -> saves much curses I suppose *lol*

Alternatively I could give them other voices, so if anybody has installed the UT99-classic VP for instance, he/she/it would also benefit from that in SP ;) if not, there just will be the standart voices played.
Well, let`s take permission to do it first :p

P.S.: The PC is running and running and running \o/ hopefully there will be no more surprises, gonna start with the Jug Fem today :p

UTGirl
25th Jul 2005, 12:06 AM
I like the "new" Perish. Just recolored, but rocks :D Charisma and Nova look to much like Sapphire and Satin IMO, but the portraits are cool. For the Remus-models you could also Alpha some things out, would make the look more different.

Other voices are also a great idea :2thumb:

that are my impressions so far, keep it up :D

MxX
25th Jul 2005, 12:16 AM
I like the "new" Perish. Just recolored, but rocks :D Charisma and Nova look to much like Sapphire and Satin IMO, but the portraits are cool. For the Remus-models you could also Alpha some things out, would make the look more different.

Other voices are also a great idea :2thumb:

that are my impressions so far, keep it up :D

You`re right, some chars need some small revisions or maybe new faces and more suits, I`ll take care of them in the end :D

btw: nice sig :p

UTGirl
10th Aug 2005, 12:18 AM
Oh poor MxX seemes to be very busy and release is deferred I suppose :D

I have another idea:
How about making an upl refering to all our favorite skins, giving them the Menu= "DUP"-Entry and switching all the DUPs that way? That would save you a lot of work :p
We let the community decide which skins are the best ;)

just an idea, what do you think about it?

btw, you should definitaly keep the blond Perish version, and maybe revise her suit a little bit more. I just love that skin :D

MxX
10th Aug 2005, 12:39 AM
thx, you`re welcome :D

Yap, pretty much to do @ moment but I`m confident to manage that ...some day :lol:

I like you`re idea, but the problem is that when the character can be chosen as teammate we have another DUP :|

Hm, the only way I see is to compile all the skins in one UPL. The "normal" and the DUP version. The original skin by the author should get a MENU=SP and a new species. The new species has unchanged abilites, it`s just for hinder them beeing selectable as teammates in SP. For that purpose the DUPs come into play.
The author`s orignal upl should be deleted then,
Hm, that should work, and no change of xplayers.upls must be made.

A good idea, if the original authors agree we could make it that way.

We should link to all the files in the readme or so,

any comments?

UTGirl
19th Aug 2005, 01:33 AM
Oh no, obviously this project has been abandoned :(

I really like your Perish reskin and some looked not bad. Maybe you`ll release at least some of them in a seperate pack?

MxX
19th Aug 2005, 01:59 AM
No no, that sounds just too dramatic.

I`ve not said the project is obsolete, it`s just queued and will probably never be released ;)

I think there are jsut to many problems and issues for the players and personally I use the great work of other guys for this purpose now (for instance Bane,Caige and Theory)

Maybe some of the skins will be released in a seperate pack but since they are more recolored guys and lack any creativity I think they would be no fatal loss for the community :D

Meatball01
19th Aug 2005, 04:30 PM
actually i would like some of the female juggs, seeing as their are no real female jugg skins out there

also maybe some of the nightmare's too

MxX
21st Aug 2005, 11:35 PM
@mb:
The last one made where the male jugs, I wanted to start with their female counterparts but currently the project is "on the rocks" :p

There are simply to much issues with that d*mned and doomed upls and DUPs

You`re right, the jug fem just seems not to be the favorite model for skinners, if I see a good link I`ll put it here :)

@UTG:
The changes you suggested were made to Perish and a "special version" of this pack (including some of this merc skins and Nikolai) ....should be in your Mailbox now.

I don`t know if that gonna be released, due this is only some kind of recolor action. Ok, I still like them and will keep them :D

UTGirl
22nd Aug 2005, 07:32 AM
Yes it is, I`ll check them out this evening ;)

ok, your Perish is "simply recolored" but I just love this skin! She is my current char in LAN, let`s see if you`ve taken care of my wishes :lol:

MxX
22nd Aug 2005, 08:07 AM
Glad I could be somekind of assistance ;)

Da Spadger
22nd Aug 2005, 12:35 PM
Now, the whole thread is probably going to punch me in the face for this but...

Is there CTF4 support for this pack?

/Me takes cover.

MxX
22nd Aug 2005, 11:18 PM
Now, the whole thread is probably going to punch me in the face for this but...

Is there CTF4 support for this pack?

/Me takes cover.

I always release skins with 4 team color support :)

It was planned to make 2 sets one with DM/Red/Blue (for Single Palyer) and the other with Green/Gold (for the CTF4-Fans)

But this project is currently on hold. Maybe I`ll release some of the skins if people want them, but since they are not really a creative work they should be no fatal loss for the com ;)

Da Spadger
23rd Aug 2005, 08:23 AM
I always release skins with 4 team color support :)

It was planned to make 2 sets one with DM/Red/Blue (for Single Palyer) and the other with Green/Gold (for the CTF4-Fans)

But this project is currently on hold. Maybe I`ll release some of the skins if people want them, but since they are not really a creative work they should be no fatal loss for the com ;)

I say release them, i like them. :tup:

They're like the extra faces for each character in UT99.

MxX
23rd Aug 2005, 08:29 AM
Ok, I will make a pack with some of them (not the whole set) and will go for a release :)

klasnic
23rd Aug 2005, 08:32 AM
:rockon: MäxX :lol:

MxX
23rd Aug 2005, 08:37 AM
:rockon: MxX :lol:
Most of you had serious doubts of MxX releasing anything this year I know :lol:

But I don`t think that this pack will gain a highscore in our review section :lol: you guys just hate recolorings ;)

UTGirl
23rd Aug 2005, 08:59 AM
glad to hear, I really like your Perish version (and her now name :lol: ) gonna update my sig in some time;)

klasnic
23rd Aug 2005, 09:42 AM
Most of you had serious doubts of MxX releasing anything this year I know :lol:

But I don`t think that this pack will gain a highscore in our review section :lol: you guys just hate recolorings ;)

Nothing wrong with a recolour done well, MxX it's just they tend to be missing that something extra to make them special.

We'll need another reviewer on board too as I won't be around too much longer :(

SaD
23rd Aug 2005, 09:51 AM

Try to review it first , so you can get a really great highscore :lol: .

We'll need another reviewer on board too as I won't be around too much longer

:(

Starry Might
23rd Aug 2005, 02:51 PM
We'll need another reviewer on board too as I won't be around too much longer :(
Are you leaving the Forums? :(

Sahkolihaa
23rd Aug 2005, 06:04 PM
We'll need another reviewer on board too as I won't be around too much longer :(:(

klasnic
23rd Aug 2005, 06:08 PM
[Off Topic] Leaving the community, Starry - long story :( Don't know how long for but hopefully I'll come back sometime [/Off Topic]

Back to topic :)

Starry Might
23rd Aug 2005, 06:22 PM
[Off Topic] Leaving the community, Starry - long story :( Don't know how long for but hopefully I'll come back sometime [/Off Topic]
I know. Hope everything works out and you'll be back someday. :)

Okay, like he said, let's get back on topic. ;)

MxX
23rd Aug 2005, 11:27 PM
Oh no, klas taking a time out?? :eek: bad news on Wednesday, let`s prepare the party for your (hopefully soon) return/comeback ;)

You`re right, but mostly it`s not easy making recolorings something special :lol:

@SaD, you`re right, or just bribe the reviewer with candies :lol:

EDIT: file sent to SaD (approx. 27 MB *lol*), hopefully you`ve gotten it ;)

EDIT2: hm, looks like that was way 2 big :lol: let`s see if I can split it here @ work, otherwise I`ll do that @ home

EDIT3: Hm, seems like it can only split it to 1,5 MB parts, I don`t want to cause such kind of useless works :/ gonna do some research again afterwards

EDIT4: Sent it via 2 files (15 MB and 12,7 MB) hopefully this worked now. pls make one zip again :)

Phantasma
24th Aug 2005, 02:55 AM
Why is this topic under a skinning work in progress and not a Off topc forum?

UTGirl
24th Aug 2005, 08:13 AM
Try to review it first , so you can get a really great highscore :lol:
great tactics :lol:

where do you go? oh no, klas leaving us is not so good :eek:
Do you know when you return?

EDIT: file sent to SaD (approx. 27 MB *lol*), hopefully you`ve gotten it ;)

:clap:

Why is this topic under a skinning work in progress and not a Off topc forum?
It has been there. Then it got moved because there has been work in progress.
now it seems to be finished/abandoned, shal we move it to work finished? :lol:

SaD
24th Aug 2005, 08:45 AM
EDIT4: Sent it via 2 files (15 MB and 12,7 MB) hopefully this worked now. pls make one zip again :)

Got it . I test to unzip the two parts when Im at home .
Luckily Im at my DSL-Account to get your files :lol: .
For sure I zip them up to one file.

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 08:47 AM
Got it . I test to unzip the two parts when Im at home .

\o/

Luckily Im at my DSL-Account to get your files :lol: .

For sure I zip them up to one file.
thx :notworthy:

klasnic
24th Aug 2005, 09:16 AM
Aah too late a suggestion I was gonna' make for the pack was all the tcs for the 2k3 models were later released as those horrible bright skins in 2k4. A few changes for the dups would have been nice to have the old 2k3 tc skins back.

@ UTGirl your guess is as good as mine when/if I'll be back but I hate leaving and will probably go mad not skinning when I just started to enjoy it again. Hopefully not too long :) Still the forums are alive now so there's plenty of ppl to replace me if needed :D

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 09:31 AM
Aah too late a suggestion I was gonna' make for the pack was all the tcs for the 2k3 models were later released as those horrible bright skins in 2k4. A few changes for the dups would have been nice to have the old 2k3 tc skins back.

@ UTGirl your guess is as good as mine when/if I'll be back but I hate leaving and will probably go mad not skinning when I just started to enjoy it again. Hopefully not too long :) Still the forums are alive now so there's plenty of ppl to replace me if needed :D

Do you mean splitting the tcs in another texture file? this should be no prob making :p

replacing klas is impossible, it`s like taking away a leg and taking another ;)

klasnic
24th Aug 2005, 09:41 AM
I think the original tcs are already there, MäxX they're just not used anymore. Making up a .upl like you have making use of those skins. I'll try find what file they're in :)

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 09:51 AM
I think the original tcs are already there, MxX they're just not used anymore. Making up a .upl like you have making use of those skins. I'll try find what file they're in :)
Well if it`s only adding another upl to the zip, I think we can still add that without any probs ;)

klasnic
24th Aug 2005, 09:58 AM
Yup they're still there alright in the playerskins.utx file. Maybe to just make up a .upl with new character names for the ones in that pack. Mostly just the juggs, mercs and egypts which were ruined by Epic for 2k4 (ala Bright Skins).

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 10:07 AM
I gonna take a look at it, let`s see what I can discover :p

Does simply taking the UT2k3 upl and changing some things do the trick?

We can add this directly to the zip file or as bonus in the review (if there will be made one, I would`ve got no prob if not :D )

klasnic
24th Aug 2005, 10:09 AM
Yup taking the 2k3 upl will do it too (I think) from UT2003 yup (I think) :lol:

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 10:27 AM
Yup taking the 2k3 upl will do it too (I think) from UT2003 yup (I think) :lol:

I think I`ll try it today and send the file also to SaD if necessary ;)

SaD
24th Aug 2005, 10:38 AM
...send the file also to SaD if necessary ;)

:2thumb:

klasnic
24th Aug 2005, 12:39 PM
woohoo :D

MxX
25th Aug 2005, 12:37 AM
Yesterday I didn`t had have much time, but I compared some UT2003 chars with the UT2004 chars and the textures seemed to have the same names :(
I`ll taka a look at the UT2004 tex (and their names) today ;)

klasnic
25th Aug 2005, 09:06 AM
Cool no rush don't worry. Is your pack the TST Wing Abel thingie? I tried to dl it too early five times yesterday but the filesize was never quite right ;)

Will try again later :tup:

MxX
25th Aug 2005, 09:15 AM
Nope, Wing Abel has been released 2 months ago or so, it`s just a compilation of 4 skins I liked but lacked any teamcolors. I made them myself (I`m an old team player :lol: ) and thought ("why not releasing them and let the others also benefit?")

I`ve called this pack here Wing Baker because I thought "OMG, 4 team members is pretty few for a team

I know I`m thinking too much... :lol:

I`s not mirrored at the mom, but should be on weekend at worst case :) I`Ve included also some "easter eggs" in that pack, let`s see if all can be found :lol:

klasnic
25th Aug 2005, 09:33 AM
Yummy I love chocolate :lol:

I'll grab it later - it should be mirrored fine by now given SaD uploaded it last night :tup:

MxX
25th Aug 2005, 09:38 AM

yeah that should go that way :lol: but don`t expect to much from that pack (I think I`m repeating myself), it was designed for DUP-replacements and now finds itself on SkinCity *lol*)

klasnic
25th Aug 2005, 09:44 AM
You should never say not to expect too much or point out faults with your stuff (same goes for everyone).

Don't say it's the best thing since sliced bread either.

Probably best to say I made this for fun and did the best I could in a reasonable time for everyone to use and hopefully enjoy... If you don't like it, no harm done that's what the recycle bin is for - Hopefully I'll come up with something you do like in future. Thanks for giving it a try :D

Good marketing never hurt anyone ;)

MxX
25th Aug 2005, 09:48 AM
I just handle the skin downloads the way I handle dates:
Never expect too much and you avoid the disapointment

That`s good word :) that should even impress the ppl in our marketing section @ work :lol:

klasnic
25th Aug 2005, 09:56 AM
:clap: :lol:

MxX
25th Aug 2005, 09:57 AM
:rolleyes:

UTGirl
26th Aug 2005, 06:23 AM
.... I`Ve included also some "easter eggs" in that pack, let`s see if all can be found :lol:
;)

SaD
26th Aug 2005, 07:00 AM
Stef....... psssssttttt :D

MxX
26th Aug 2005, 07:06 AM

klasnic
29th Aug 2005, 06:12 PM
MxX I got this some days ago but haven't had a chance as yet to try it out. Hope you get some more feedback after all your efforts :tup:

Can't wait to find the easter eggs :D

MxX
30th Aug 2005, 12:20 AM
We have no hurry with that :lol:

Bofrazz
2nd Sep 2005, 07:09 PM
Include away my good man. All I ask is you give credit whare credit is due. But you knew that.;)

MxX
5th Sep 2005, 04:52 AM
thank you for permission. Of course there will be full credit given!

Da Spadger
10th Sep 2005, 06:29 PM
Thinking of it, what exactly does DUP mean?

SaD
10th Sep 2005, 06:44 PM
Thinking of it, what exactly does DUP mean?

I think it stands for duplicates .

Here is another thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=162529) about the DUBs .

MxX
15th Sep 2005, 11:13 PM
I think it stands for duplicates .

I think you`re right ;)

SaD
16th Sep 2005, 06:19 AM
I think you`re right ;)

:lol: :clap:

N1ghtmare
23rd Sep 2005, 05:15 PM
Umm, I'm a little cunfused...

Has this pack been realeased? If yes, where, and does it effect online play?

EDIT:

I found and downloaded the file tst- baker2k3, i looked in the notepad and found a player named 'The lost One', with 'Menu="DUP"' instead of 'Menu="SP", is that one of the easter eggs?

Starry Might
23rd Sep 2005, 06:26 PM
Nightmare']Umm, I'm a little cunfused...

Has this pack been realeased? If yes, where, and does it effect online play?
This particular "DUP" project has been abandoned.

HOWEVER, MäxX made a lot of these skins available in the "TST - Wing Baker" pack:

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=2215

Furthermore, he's resurrected the "DUP" project in a new way:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=163565

N1ghtmare
23rd Sep 2005, 07:13 PM
I downloaded the ADSP v.80, do i have to download all the other skins and then install ADSP v.80?

MxX
25th Sep 2005, 11:38 PM
Nightmare']
I found and downloaded the file tst- baker2k3, i looked in the notepad and found a player named 'The lost One', with 'Menu="DUP"' instead of 'Menu="SP", is that one of the easter eggs?
yap :D

Nightmare']I downloaded the ADSP v.80, do i have to download all the other skins and then install ADSP v.80?
Currently there will only be 3 skins switched, just to see if the whole thing works the way it should ;)
It`s recommended to have this 3 skins installed, they are Rajesh/Vore (http://www.skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=1944), Theory (http://www.skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=2181) and Lord Azrisk (http://www.skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=2175).

In the last weeks I`ve been pretty busy, but I will make a new version (installable via umod and including all mentioned skins above, at least the skins from bofrazz, rex and slaughter -> these guys have given their permission so far)

EDIT:
And thx for the explanations starry :)