▓▓▓testing to see if this symbol works▓▓▓

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
▓▓▓ It would be nice if there was a serverside option for self damage, just as there is an option for team damage.

▓▓▓ It would be nice if there was a serverside option for bunlit or whatever it's ut2007 equivalent is, that allows the admin to disable/enable use of it, unless there is way already and I don't know of it yet.

▓▓▓ It would be nice if there was special single player level that helped you configure your setup. I think a lot of people don't do well in this game because they don't know how or aren't provided with an easy way to fine tune their mouse settings. Only a few people exhibited the patience or insight to do so.

▓▓▓ I don't see the need teamcolor? I think it would be better for gameplay purposes and also to save modelers a lot of time if there weren't blue and red. Teamcolors aren't needed at all. Why can't there just be some gold aurora or extra shine to your teammates and the opposition just be in regular DM skins. Different team colors show up better or worse on different maps.

▓▓▓ It would be nice if there weren't any stupidly dark models.

▓▓▓ It would be nice if the weapons were more visible, radiant, vibrant, etc. than in ut2k4, just as they were in the last ut2k7 demo. I really liked how the shock core was better highlighted than in ut2k4. In ut2k4 it's hard to differentiate between the core and the outside wisp around it. I also liked how the rockets and bio were brighter. Ut2k4's weapons weren't as bright as they could be.

▓▓▓ It would be nice if the jump animations weren't so silly and cartoonish looking. All the superfluous flips aren't really needed, nor do they add anything to the game. I don't know how many times I've heard newcomers say "how do you do the flip thing?" The flips seem very unnatural. Plus they give unfair advantage to different models. You can't headshot some models as easily as others, because the headshot hit-detection has to do with the neck bone or something.

▓▓▓ I liked how ragdolls didn't evaporate when you continuously shoot them with mini in ut2k4. I'd like to see this for all weapons. If you continuously shoot a ragdoll it shouldn't evaporate till you stop, that would be cool. Plus the ragdolls in ut2k7 are supposedly deformable and tearable. MUCH FUN! :D

▓▓▓ Vehicles should seem less like huge volumes and more intricate. Like you can exploit certain weaknesses with different weapons. I like how you can stand on vehicles in ut2004. But standing on vehicles should be more involving, like you have to stand in a certain spot to not fall off. And players should'nt float; they should actually be in contact with the vehicle.

▓▓▓ That's it for now(I hope the symbol shows!)

*edit*
w00t it works!!! Awesome. Ok go ahead and poop on my badly formed thread, because I wont be back till ten (10) days later. Now don't everyone copy my symbol now. :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Same here

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Lmao, crab battle = lamest Flash ever!

ExiT

hella lurker
Mar 14, 2003
uhm...
www.planetunreal.com
As far as I know, the game is being completely reworked. Aside from the vehicle suggestion, the kind of stuff you list here is what might be added to UT2004.1, a big patch, or a UTComp-type mod. I think we may see a change as big as that from UT1 to UT2003.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Yeah, I know the game is being completely reworked, but a lot of what I listed are issues I have with ut2004 and I'm sure other people are annoyed by atleast one of the things I listed. Unless, they haven't reached a certain level in the game yet. And a lot of them aren't specific to ut2004's gameplay, but can be repeated in the next ut.

Last edited: