How do I change the single player raster settings.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TigerRaptorFX

One and only
Jun 18, 2005
www.TigerRaptor.COM
Is it possible to edit the single player tournament raster just so I can pick any character at any time when starting a new game. I'm tired of picking the same old weaklings time and time again in the very beginning of the ladder. Same thing even goes for choosing my own character, if I want to play as Xan or Malcom I can't or any one else for that matter. The game only gives me a limited number to pick from. Is there any way to change all that.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
There are three files in the System directory named "xplayers[n].upl" with the menu entries for each character. Each entry has a field " Menu="" ". Characters in the SP menu have " Menu="SP" ". Put "SP" between the empty quotes and I suppose that character will appear.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Modifying .upl files shouldn't affect online play. They're like .int files. You won't get mismatches or anything.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Really? I remember reading whole topics on how it'd kick you off...

Or at least, AntiTCC would...

I don't see why. As long as the skins are legal, which would be detected independent of the .upl, nothing in there should affect online play. Or could it screw up Species Stats? (I don't really know anything about UT04 online, so I probably shouldn't talk...)

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
nuttella said:
Or could it screw up Species Stats? (I don't really know anything about UT04 online, so I probably shouldn't talk...)
There is probably less than 10 servers out there that actually have the Species Statistics mutator enabled.

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
TigerRaptorFX said:
Is it possible to edit the single player tournament raster just so I can pick any character at any time when starting a new game. I'm tired of picking the same old weaklings time and time again in the very beginning of the ladder. Same thing even goes for choosing my own character, if I want to play as Xan or Malcom I can't or any one else for that matter. The game only gives me a limited number to pick from. Is there any way to change all that.

Download custom skins! They are also available in Single player and can be chosen every time (after the DM action of course)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
TigerRaptorFX said:

Prob 1 - new Bots in SP:
For new bots simply download new skins, they will be added to the roster automatically (this doesn`t work with all char types, but with Mercs it`s proven to work!)

Prob 2 - more playable characters:
Make a new upl, copy the chars you want in it, and add (as mentioned above) Menu="SP".
With this trick, the standart upl keeps unchanged (for online gaming) and still you can play as a char you like.