Visual Inside Look: Gears Of War

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ShackNews has a great inside look at Gears of War. The feature is composed of a number of pieces of very cool concept art with text by Cliff Bleszinski, Jerry O'Flaherty, and Eric Nylund.

Some of the artwork showcases the elaborate settings in which the 3rd person title takes place, while other deal with the characters and the backstory. Whether or not you're interested in GOW at this point, go have a look and you might just find yourself in line for an Xbox 360 of your own!

Is this from that book that was on sale on ebay or something? It was mentioned on CliffyB's site I think.

Edit: Yes, it was on ebay and sold for about US$100. The back story is pretty nifty-a tad cliche at times but a cool original twist. If it really is Xbox only I might just be getting in line.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I really hope the gameplay can match the background-story/art.
Heck ... it would make for a cool Aliens-style movie by the looks of it.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Nice stuff, got to be glad that the story's been worked out somewhat, should be interesting to see how it develops.

Despite my girlfriend's protests, i'm definitely picking up a 360, it's not just the games, but the whole entertainment value of it (with streaming media etc...)

Digimortal1622

You filthy bag of meat!!
May 3, 2005
Will EMERGE on PC!!

I read an interview with J Allared and he said Gears of War will be an X-Box360 exclusive title...AT FIRST. 6 to 8 months after the 360 release it will be ported to the PC. A lot of thought is going into this game. I hope it is everything it appears to be at this point. If done properly, video games could become the premier form of entertainment on this plannet, and Gears of War really looks promising!!
Digimortal