Attention All, Online Beta Testing Times

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The idea was apssed around to beta test some maps online to make sure we don't get another Arlon so to say. This is not a bad idea, yet with the lockdown being absent for one more week dude to this Sunday's 2 finals, it would have to wait a good week and a half. I'm an impatient man, and I apologize for that, but this is why I announce the following:

Everyone interesting in Beta Testing maps in progress, jump on the MS server at 22:00 (8PM) Global Time (Greenwhich, England) (4 PM EST) (12 PM Pacific). I hope to see everyone willing and wanting too there, in order to beta test maps like Egypt Beta 3, Coralation Beta 3, and Rime Valley Beta 2. We can play 3-5 games and see how everything goes. I will be on the MS server waiting. See you all there.

Another important announcement I have to make is that we are forgetting our classic forefathers. The men, graphics, and gameplay that started the phenominon has been deserted. For 5 years, 80+ maps were made, thousands of betas tested, and millions of frags and releases were tallied. I'm talking about our good friend UT99/UT:GOTY. Loper is lonely and I feel a little disappointed that no one plays in the Paroles anymore. So, I ask and plead, that this Wednesday, if you can make it, let us go back, and have ourselves a good old frag fest, old school style. Let us bring back memories of the old and play once again in a grand parole with a high turnout. I ask heavily if anyone willing to, wanting to, and able to, please join me and hopefully loper in a Wednesday Parole. Once in a while ain't bad, and I think it's time we revisit old times past.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation on these two matters.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Spudsy said:
Everyone interesting in Beta Testing maps in progress, jump on the MS server at 22:00 (8PM) Global Time (Greenwhich, England) (4 PM EST) (12 PM Pacific).

22:00 != 8PM ;)
and is that Saturday or Sunday?

But it's great to see this get organized :D :tup:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
and 22:00 GMT = 4pm EST, but we're not on EST this time of year! :p
23:00 CET (Most mainland Europe) = 11PM =
22:00 GMT (Mostly UK) = 10PM =
17:00 EDT (East US) = 5pm =
14:00 PDT (West US) = 2pm,
trust me I played with TEZC a lot I know how to convert :)

Now assuming you actually were basing this on wanting to play at 4pm East US time, maybe it should be 21:00 GMT / 22:00 CET instead? Makes it easier for our large German population to attend if you move it up an hour I imagine :)

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don't know the names of the times zones. All i know is that Kinetik is in the Mountain, me and others are in EST, and there are players from England, France, and Germany. So the following table can be refered to:

If you live in The time is
Germany 10 PM
France, The Netherlands, Eastern Europe 10 PM
United Kingdom 9 PM
New York, Philadelphia, Eastern US Seaboard 4 PM
Chicago, Indianapolis, Mid West US 3 PM
Emington, Denver, Rocky Mountain US + Canada 2 PM

There are your times. I don't know about someone like Trueblood or any Australians among us, but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out for yourselves. Other than that, I look forward to this non-Sunday Sunday Lockdown..................................... Beta Style!

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
mmm, your table is completely wrong Spudsy as I said before, there is a 5 hour difference between the East coast of the US and the UK's local time (which is generally referred to as GMT, whatever it may be). That would make 4pm eastern time, 3pm central time, 2pm mountain time, 9pm UK and 10pm Germany.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, how have you been making it to the tourney matches at the right time? :p

Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
First off, this is on Thursday. Please read everything before you post. Second off, I am fixing the time and apologize for messing up so badly. The time is officially fixed now. THIS SCHEDULE IS WRITTEN IN STONE! This is why i ask you all to remember that this not mandatory by any means. This is a formal request from me to the many Jailbreak players to help our mappers and fellow players out. I am asking everyone able to, wanting to, and willing to, to please show up and help test out these maps for our mappers.

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Germany/France/Belgium/Spain/Netherlands are in zone +1 (CET)
England/Portugal is in zone 0
US Eastcoast (New York) is in Zone -5
US Westcoast (Los Angeles / San Francisco) is in Zone -8

Most countries in the northern hemosphere seem to have Daylight Savings Time (DST) nowadays.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thank you cooldude for the website, but the schedule has been fixed. That is not the issue here in this thread however, we are looking for people to come out on Thrusday at their apporpiate time listed above in the table, to beta test the maps currently in progress. So, without further ado, I'd like to know who's in and who's out.

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
You still appear to have France and the Netherlands an hour behind GMT, rather than an hour ahead

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Why sex didn't add Egypt, I wouldn't know. Even if it wasn't requested, it should still be on there. Anywho I'm not gonna challenge him, but thanks for your support Cool.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Spudsy said:
Why sex didn't add Egypt?
Because the beta of Egypt wasn't available before SM went off for his trip to Austria. Also, as you can read here Sexmachine is not fond of uploading megs of Beta stuff to the Mothership every time a new beta version comes along.