PDA

View Full Version : Somebody make a small program that converts WAV music files to UMX for UT99!!

HollowPoint1
1st Jul 2005, 02:15 PM
Look, make it easy for everyone to put their fav. music groups to UT maps.
I don't know why EPIC or Unreal or whoever made the UNREAL ED ENGINE would not think to include a music converter into UNREAL ED. Not only do I want to make my own maps but I also want to choose and put in my own music selection. This is the one thing they forgot to do!!
So, if their are any small program writers out there PLEASE do everyone a favor and make a small program that converts WAV music files to UMX. PLEASE!!! :rolleyes:

zynthetic
2nd Jul 2005, 02:29 AM
umx based is off mod music which is a series of small wavs (is a mod actually, w/ a header added). I wouldn't say they (Epic) forgot to anything, mod music was a practical approach in the days of single cd games and dialup. Due to the way mods are made it's impossible to make a quick fix convertor.

HollowPoint1
2nd Jul 2005, 07:47 PM
Ok, I understand, Thx

Dark_Dust
2nd Jul 2005, 08:12 PM
I'm assuming you dont know how to go at it.
Just convert your wav files (search on the net for such program) into .mod / .s3m / .it etc. (see Ued 2 music browser for supported file types) and you should be able to import it.

zynthetic
3rd Jul 2005, 01:13 PM
What?
I've never seen an app that converts a wav into a mod. There's nothing to convert really. Mods are similar to midi but instead of using your pc's midi library they use custom wav samples. If you're referring to a tracker, I hardly call that a convertor.

Mychaeel
3rd Jul 2005, 01:56 PM
Well, you can (probably) take an entire .wav file as a single sample and make a mod file that simply plays that one sample.

Of course, the resulting "mod file" will be huge compared to properly made mod files (in the order of 40 MB for a four-minute track) and entirely impractical for distribution with custom maps, especially since it won't compress nearly as well as a map file itself.

[SAS]Solid Snake
3rd Jul 2005, 03:04 PM
OH EM GEE, THE SOUNDS ARE THE SAME AND THERE IS ALWAYS A A TO B CONVERTER! PLEASE I NEED A CONVERTER WHICH CONVERTS PS2 GAMES INTO A GAMECUBE, COS I ONLY HAVE A GAMECUBE!

Mychaeel
5th Jul 2005, 04:03 AM
Well, perhaps one day somebody'll write a small program which converts screenshots to a .ut2 file. :p

Dark_Dust
5th Jul 2005, 04:46 PM
If you're referring to a tracker, I hardly call that a convertor.

Well, actually I was referring to a tracker. Meant to say that instead of "converting".
My bad. :o

Nemezis
20th Aug 2005, 08:24 AM
Try this:

http://www.modplug.com/modplug/tracker.php3

:lol:

JohnnySix
2nd Oct 2005, 08:28 PM
Try this:

http://www.modplug.com/modplug/tracker.php3

:lol:

sweet thx1 now all i need is a prog 2 maek mp3 to wav plz1 can u make one? how i convert all those mp3 i ganked from napster wen it want legal n stuf? :rolleyes:

felixthecat777
24th Nov 2005, 04:38 PM
actually, you just need rioport

you'll have to convert 1 by 1, but it's worth it

here (http://www.rioport.com)

PsyXandeR
27th Dec 2005, 11:24 AM
Sorry guy but you can't convent wav to umx 'cause umx is just UT99 music archive like zip or rar. But anyway you can convent wav to s3m and then import s3m file to umx archive and use it in your map! Good luck!:)