War of the Worlds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
A friend of mine called and asked if I heard anything about the movie, whether it was really scary or not. I guess his nephew who is maybe 9 or 10 wanted to see it, but he didn’t know if he should.

My friend heard this radio talk host say the movie was really scary and that even though he was a grown man, the movie scared the crap out of him. That made my friend wonder if his nephew should see it. Has anybody seen the movie, or heard how scary it’s supposed to be?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've only heard that there is LOTS AND LOTS of blood.

We're going to see it maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
For reasons all of its own, it was one of the very scariest movies I have ever seen... it is just so intense... no way should a 9 or 10 year old see it. Not bloody by traditional terms... it is pg-13 after all

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That was definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen. Highly recommended to anyone 17 and older ;)

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
didn't the original have john ritter? i know there was a movie made about the war of the worlds radio broadcast that was done by orson wells way back when, and that movie kinda covered people's reaction to it.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
It was great - scary and interesting. Except...(big spoiler!)

The aliens can build skyscraper-sized mecha, but they don't wear clothes, and they've never heard of bacteria?

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
BangOut said:
For reasons all of its own, it was one of the very scariest movies I have ever seen... it is just so intense... no way should a 9 or 10 year old see it. Not bloody by traditional terms... it is pg-13 after all

Agreed...

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
Dying_corpse said:
no... don't intend to

its spielberg... anything he touches becomes pure ****

He never EVER should have done episode 1 to 3

ever

The man has had his share of dogs.. but come on.. ****??? what movies are you thinking about that dwarfs the greatness of....
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Color Purple
Empire of the Sun
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Arachnophobia
Twister
Men in Black
Deep Impact