Fan Mail Article 6/29/05

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Offline playing with bots :/
Uh oh! lol I didn't expect that to be front page but i guess it did. Well....i'm in trouble that's for sure. :D

I still stand by what i stated in the e-mail though, i don't want the author of that map to think i'm attacking him personally or anything i just think that map should be kept sealed away from the public i'm not saying your a bad mapper or anything like that, now granted some of my wording was a bit harsh i admit that.

I also stand by what i said about Nalicity though, been coming here for 4 or 5 years and it is the best UT site to date. Thanks MassChaos for reading that e-mail, i didn't expect you to post it on the front page though, lol. Ah well i guess. :)

Feel free to comment on that e-mail if you like.

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I do have to agree though, sitting at your computer is a terribly bad position in which to have an epilepsy. It's sort of a reverse of roles. The human crashes as opposed to the compy.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It realy worth the front page i am pretty sure.

That will be an advisor to who wants to try that. Hope it's the last crap.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I think Arcadia's review and the mail in the New's page is enough to make a good advise, but that could turn against us and make that map more attractive for some people (Yes, I felt interested in this map... I still am alive because I haven't got UT99... :p) Perhaps the map would be better removed... but the mapper has right to show his attempt to make a bad map... That's so confusing... :con:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Someone should start a voting thread to say wether it should of been reviewd or not,he sees it that i am the only one who thinks revieing it was stupid and allways go by his list.
But I give up around here,it's ALLWAYS me thats wrong,and i would vote never reviewing it,and that sniper redeemer map as well,but like i said,i give up,just let whoever whatever,i dont care anymore.

Last edited:

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
ReD_Fist said:
Someone should start a voting thread to say wether it should of been reviewd or not,he sees it that i am the only one who thinks revieing it was stupid and allways go by his list.
But I give up around here,it's ALLWAYS me thats wrong,and i would vote never reviewing it,and that sniper redeemer map as well,but like i said,i give up,just let whoever whatever,i dont care anymore.

No - I'm sure you're not alone in feeling that way - but you are the only one who speaks up about it. Which is something that I respect from you and therefore take the time to respond to you. Perhaps I have been too strong in my language or opinions in past posts regarding the subject. I, for one, certainly don't want you to feel like you're the one who's always wrong.

Please don't stop speaking out for what you believe. But there's also a time to balance when to speak, when to keep speaking, and when to stop speaking. And then when to start again.