super lame question!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Strider_Izzy

May 24, 2005
ok here it is:

can ut2k7 support massive amounts of players ( like 128 players) in a huge map if there was a mode that tuned down all that eye candy, physics, high polygon counts and so on? u know like a classic UT mode but with vehicle support. i think that would be awesome. if it was possible would gameplay or frames stream or drag?

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Well, they do have a company using the engine for a MMOG, so I think its possible. I don't know what UT2007 will support, but with the conquest gametype, and the ablity to have these much larger ONS maps, I wouldn't say no, but nothing is certian.

Last edited:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
While it may be remotely possible that the new engine could support 128 players, I don't think it's possible for any server to host that amount of players at once, because there's only so much bandwidth that a server can allocate. We'll need new internet technologies before that is possible, and that'll be a few years before it becomes mainstream.
:cool:

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
Tribes 2 managed it. Admittedly, it wasn't at the same level of detail, but at the same time the technology wasn't as good back then. :)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Joint Ops has pretty good graphics and it has 150 player maps. I think its possible.

Xelios

Jun 30, 2005
It could be possible, but it depends on what Epic decides to do with their maps. The choice is with them they can do it if they want.