PDA

View Full Version : super lame question!!!!

Strider_Izzy
29th Jun 2005, 09:17 PM
ok here it is:

can ut2k7 support massive amounts of players ( like 128 players) in a huge map if there was a mode that tuned down all that eye candy, physics, high polygon counts and so on? u know like a classic UT mode but with vehicle support. i think that would be awesome. if it was possible would gameplay or frames stream or drag?

Xipher
29th Jun 2005, 10:33 PM
Well, they do have a company using the engine for a MMOG, so I think its possible. I don't know what UT2007 will support, but with the conquest gametype, and the ablity to have these much larger ONS maps, I wouldn't say no, but nothing is certian.

gades
30th Jun 2005, 02:27 AM
While it may be remotely possible that the new engine could support 128 players, I don't think it's possible for any server to host that amount of players at once, because there's only so much bandwidth that a server can allocate. We'll need new internet technologies before that is possible, and that'll be a few years before it becomes mainstream.
:cool:

Myrmidion
30th Jun 2005, 08:49 AM
Tribes 2 managed it. Admittedly, it wasn't at the same level of detail, but at the same time the technology wasn't as good back then. :)

edhe
30th Jun 2005, 09:43 AM
My god Myr, get back to having a life.

Black_Seeds
30th Jun 2005, 01:51 PM
Joint Ops has pretty good graphics and it has 150 player maps. I think its possible.

Xelios
30th Jun 2005, 03:04 PM
It could be possible, but it depends on what Epic decides to do with their maps. The choice is with them they can do it if they want.

Myrmidion
30th Jun 2005, 06:10 PM
My god Myr, get back to having a life.

:(