PDA

View Full Version : I want a HUUUUUGGEEEE Conquest or Onslaught map

Bullet10k
29th Jun 2005, 04:29 PM
Like when I mean HUGE i mean like reallly reallly big. Like it should be suited towards 128 or 256 players ONLINE, it should be like almost as big as the San Andreas city or maybe even bigger. For the map theme, it should be really really high tech and very futuristic, like with SUPER SPEED trains that travel all through the city, with holographic screens everywhere, really really tall skyscraper buildings. On some of the holographic screens it should be like..."Please stay home for your safety, there is an Axon vs Necris war taking place" (and that would also be the reason there are no flying cars travelling;) ) or something similar. And maybe in some places there should be huge tall holograms of people from the NEG talking about how they're going to win the war, to show a sense of immersion in the war.

So basically a really massive high tech futuristic CITY. Get what I'm saying?

shadow_dragon
29th Jun 2005, 04:58 PM
It really wouldn't work, the idea is to get the players forced into a locaiton so theyc an fight, not so that they have to spend fifteen minutes travelling first.
Battlefield 2 maps seem scaled quite well though for the largest possible maps i think. At most.

The_Head
29th Jun 2005, 04:59 PM
Yeh I get what your saying.
tad ambitious maybe?

29th Jun 2005, 05:01 PM
Yea that would be cool. I hope it wont break teh internets though. :0

Bullet10k
29th Jun 2005, 05:23 PM
It really wouldn't work, the idea is to get the players forced into a locaiton so theyc an fight, not so that they have to spend fifteen minutes travelling first.Thats why there should be teleporters all around the city and thats why it should support 128 or 256 players;) Ofcourse special servers would be hosting these games, not normal cable users.

29th Jun 2005, 05:31 PM
I thought conquest was a struggle for spawn points. So the whole traveling thing wouldn't be a problem I don't think. Plus I wouldn't mind a map that had a lot of traveling in it :D It would be kindof cool just chilling next to the beach with some random non-hostile person from the other team. Just make sure no one sees that you aren't fighting! :eek:

Original9
29th Jun 2005, 05:37 PM
You just want to have sex with the enemy, don't you? ;(

29th Jun 2005, 05:47 PM
You just want to have sex with the enemy, don't you? ;(
Hammer Time! :D

Taleweaver
4th Jul 2005, 06:06 AM
My computer crashed just by trying to calculate the hardware needed for such a map. :(

;)

Bullet10k
4th Jul 2005, 10:56 AM
My computer crashed just by trying to calculate the hardware needed for such a map. :(

;)
LOL But you must not forget that UE3 has seamless streaming technology (i think thats what its called). And its not the home users that will be hosting the servers, it will be the Atari/Epic servers just like how they host the demo servers.

XaN
20th Jul 2005, 01:48 AM
i think they should do these maps based on the unreal history that focuses on tha skarrj wars and other events that happend in the unreal world dont u think?

K.N.I.F.E
21st Jul 2005, 10:05 AM
internets
Theres only one internet.

Shroom-FX
21st Jul 2005, 02:10 PM
Theres only one internet.
Oh dear... :o

But yeah, totally pwnage idea. I'd prefer if rather than a city it was a large scale 2fort. Or we could just do the planetside thing, maybe ut2k20? ;)

zeh
21st Jul 2005, 02:14 PM
Like when I mean HUGE i mean like reallly reallly big. Like it should be suited towards 128 or 256 players ONLINE, it should be like almost as big as the San Andreas city or maybe even bigger. For the map theme, it should be really really high tech and very futuristic, like with SUPER SPEED trains that travel all through the city, with holographic screens everywhere, really really tall skyscraper buildings. On some of the holographic screens it should be like..."Please stay home for your safety, there is an Axon vs Necris war taking place" (and that would also be the reason there are no flying cars travelling;) ) or something similar. And maybe in some places there should be huge tall holograms of people from the NEG talking about how they're going to win the war, to show a sense of immersion in the war.

So basically a really massive high tech futuristic CITY. Get what I'm saying?

Sans the 'massive city' and 'trains' part, sounds like Planetside to me.

21st Jul 2005, 05:26 PM
It would be awesome trick jumping through a gigantic city. They really have to increase momentum in splash weapons and give us a serverside option to disable self-damage. Movement is incredibly important in a scifi fps and many fpses are popular just for their movement system. It would help the community grow if there was some server settings that put less emphasize on a scoreboard and more on just developing skills and movement and learning more about the game. I'd love to see more public "stunt" servers. I can imagine a gang of 10 people going on a 3 hour trickrun through an entire city, discovering little details the author put in. That would be a superb experience.
*edit*Theres only one internet.:o and I suppose "teh" isn't a word neither.

Rambowjo
27th Sep 2005, 11:14 AM
World of Unreal Tournament MMORPG :P

rhirud
27th Sep 2005, 11:32 AM
32 player onslaught already is massively expensive in terms of bandwidth for the hosts.

The big question is if the seamless loading system that Epic has developed can be used to reduce serverside load. Because server load goes up exponentially; not linearly as players increase in UT2004.

Rambowjo
27th Sep 2005, 12:16 PM
In one of the tech demos they showed a city and zoomed out and then it appeared, that the city was enormous! I am sure that Epic Games made it possible some way ;)

JaFO
4th Oct 2005, 11:07 AM
ah, but that was a singleplayer-only tech-demo ...
A gigantic multiplayer map using that principle would be a real challenge as you'd need to 'see' players at the other end of the world as well as those near your location ...

Rambowjo
4th Oct 2005, 04:25 PM
Hmm...

"Unreal Tournament 2007 requirments: Super badass computer and lightcable internet connection" :P

ThirtySixBelow
4th Oct 2005, 04:58 PM
World of Unreal Tournament MMORPG :P

True. I would also like to see the organization of 250 people on one server and how that thing would be able to keep track of all that info. I would also like you to be the level designer that creates this size of a map and makes it work in a good manner, and finish it before the release date of the game :P

Olga
4th Oct 2005, 10:53 PM
I think it might be fun but I hope they aren't too big for me to handle. :(

placebo
5th Oct 2005, 09:21 AM
I would personally like to see more small and intricate maps that have a lot of shortcuts, a lot of barriers and destructable items, and a lot of fun driving terrain. Think Crossfire or Urban; I want more of those.

BigBuster
5th Oct 2005, 09:36 PM
I agree some or many maps with a MMO feal would be much appriceated. I would not mind if like the bigger more inportant CP you could spawn at and then the smaller ones inbetween you could not. I would realy like to see a kind of <Planet Sides> unreal 2007. yaaaa- go unreal 3

kafros
7th Oct 2005, 03:13 AM
When you are fantasizing dont limit your self to huge 256 players UT maps. Go crazy, knock yourself out:

I want the fastest ferrari ever build loaded with naked babes
I want a 10inch d*ck (half my current size that is)
I want duke nukem forever (LOLoloLOLOLOlol)
I want Bullet10k to stop posting BS :) (relax)

Draco73
11th Oct 2005, 07:45 AM
I would personally like to see more small and intricate maps that have a lot of shortcuts, a lot of barriers and destructable items, and a lot of fun driving terrain. Think Crossfire or Urban; I want more of those.

yeah, i dont really think that "bigger is better" i personaly like to be able to spawn and be in the middle of a battle seconds later...i dont want to have to drive/fly/or hike my ass for 5 min to find some one only to then get blind sided by a manta....those arent fun games. the smaller/medium sized maps promote much better game play, and cross is a great example of that...i dont know how many great games ive had in that map, and its not HUGE. not to mention that a map that size would take up so much resoures and time that they could make 3 or 4 medium sized maps in the same amount of time. so when u get ut07 and bring it home would u rather have 4 or 5 massive ons maps or a nice 20 + medium maps to pick from. and out of those few maps it would be an incredable system hog for servers...no one would want to host those types of servers. idk if you checked or anything but do you have any idea on how much money it cost to host a 28-32 player ut04 server right now. thats why there arent that many around. maps dont have to be huge, they just have to work...and more times than not its the smaller/medium ones that work.

Kabs-BUB
20th Oct 2005, 12:47 AM
if somebody wants 2-300 people on a server, imagine how busy it is going to be....
armies vs armies
choice weapon-biorifle:D
I also don't want my computer to crash.
servers would have LAG
I still want to keep Assault separate from ONS...
also, if you don't have the map(the size of a planet), how long is it going to take to download that??
1hr??
I'd give up.
telefragging...don't forget that!
if only Red Orchestra could have that and get armies...I wish.