$2000 5v5 Team ArenaMaster (TAM) League

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
3SPN and TWL are teaming up to kick off a $2000 5v5 Team ArenaMaster (TAM) League with registration starting up July 1. (thanks Jorge!)

About 3SPN:

3SPN is the creator and developer of the ArenaMaster / Team ArenaMaster, the most popular 3rd party game type in UT2004. 3SPN is dedicated to enhancing the growth of competitive online gaming through a variety of methods including game development, tools, and sponsorships.

About TWL:

Teamwarfare (aka TWL), is an online gaming website dedicated to bring the best competition experience to it's players. Leading the way for online competition, Teamwarfare currently holds competitions for numerous games, on the gaming platforms of PC, PS2(3), and Xbox(360).

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well we have two different servers. One with and one without.

Why do you consider it a joke of a gametype? I like it, personally. Apparently a lot of other people do too.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Selerox said:
Wow, I'd expect players to have more taste than that joke of a gametype. It's the reason I stopped showing up at FragBU.
If the average player had any taste then he wouldn't be playing stuff like CS and instagib in the first place ;)

So TAM really is the '3rd most popular gametype' for UT2k4 ?

Makes me wonder why they didn't pick the most popular (3rd party) gametype instead ...

SweetTooth

Evil Clown
Oct 4, 2004
JaFO said:
If the average player had any taste then he wouldn't be playing stuff like CS and instagib in the first place ;)

So TAM really is the '3rd most popular gametype' for UT2k4 ?

Makes me wonder why they didn't pick the most popular (3rd party) gametype instead ...

You do realize you jsut read that entirely wrong right? TAM is the largest 3rd party game type. that means that of all the community created game types like Red ORchestra and Frag Ops and COR that TAM is the most popular of them all. 3rd party means that it is not something EPIC created.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
hal said:
Well we have two different servers. One with and one without.

Why do you consider it a joke of a gametype? I like it, personally. Apparently a lot of other people do too.
I like it, but it really depends on the skill and techniques of the people you play with. If you have two really good players whose best tactic is to run away from each other, it gets incredibly boring. And yes, this has happened at FragBU.