Raptor/Cicada eject feature?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raptor/Cicada EJECT feature?

• Yes on both vehicles

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • On the Cicada only

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • On the Raptor only

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
I was just thinking of how cool this would be...Imagine being able to EJECT when you think you are in danger or if there is a missle heading to you.

Imagine on the Cicada the second pilot (shooting missles) KNOWS that there are missles that are heading towards them and theres nothing he can do to shoot all them down. The pilot quickly yells over the mic "EJECT!!!" and they both eject while watching the Cicada blows up into pieces over them.

Also, make it possible to SWITCH spots in a Cicada ONLINE without landing...So it would be like 2nd pilot wants to fly so what happens is they ask (via a keyboard bind) and the 1st pilot gets the choice to refuse or accept.

Oh yea, one more thing...you shouldnt be using a parachute to eject (because that is just too old for a futuristic game) but it should be like boosters carried on their back (and you drop it once your down). Ofcourse, make it possible to shoot while in air and other people to shoot them down.

What you think?

Last edited:

eklipze

Feb 19, 2005
Just because it's what we want, doesn't mean Epic is gonna put it in, or even listed.

Someone could just release it as a mutator anyway.

As for the online switching without landing, that could be bad. What if you got stuck in a place you didn't want? Viola! Press "1"! Of course, you'll just get booted out the game after that for being an ass-hole. ;)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, technically, you can already bail on both vehicles, the "eject" feature, that propels you out of the scorpion is kinda facilitating it's self-destruct feature, which I don't think would be as fitting on a raptor, or cicada.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
You're not going to believe it, but the first two parts are already present in UT2004 (I hope you don't want it so you can FORCE fellow teammates out of the vehicle together with you...)

Online switching seems interesting. How about an 'idle seat' in each vehicle with >1 seats? Basically, if you 'switch' to this seat, you stay in your seat, but inform all the passengers that they can switch to your seat (which'll put you in their spot).

For the last option: no. No parachutes, boosters, or anything to stop falling damage. It would allow the airborne vehicles to remain at great heights, being harder to shoot, but without the disadvantage of certain death once you're gunned down.

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
There's a lot of merit to this idea. It adds chaos, and an element that is different. As is said, we can bail out already; but all this will do is allow us to bail out in style. I think a sort of futuristic parachute would be good,because making an ejecting pilot more vulnerable is a good thing. Currently you have a 1 on 1 shock vs raptor, and as the raptor is nearly dead, the good pilot will eject and carry on the duel on foot - giving hims a big advantage - so a parachute type device would be a nice hinderance. In addition, if you fire your redeemer after ejecting form a raptor - agian a big parachute in the air would give a clue that something funy is going on.

Again as a general ambience thing, if you are in a dropship or a cicada turret; a flashing red light if the pilot ejects would be a nice addition.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
How about this :
if the pilot ejects then the passenger becomes the pilot ...

IMHO that's the only 'problem' that needs to be fixed, altough people not acting like *******s would have prevented such problems in the first place.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I really wanna say you can switch seats, but I'll have to check again, because I haven't tried it since the demo days.

I wanna say if player2 holds down switchweapon1, and player1 taps switchweapon2 they swap... I just haven't played ONS or something with good communication, or reason to swap seats in a while.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
-AEnubis- said:
I wanna say if player2 holds down switchweapon1, and player1 taps switchweapon2 they swap... I just haven't played ONS or something with good communication, or reason to swap seats in a while.
I've seen this before aswell. Haven't tried it though.

Xelios

Jun 30, 2005
This topic is kind of unnesecary because both vehicles you can ditch in mid-air. Maybe falling down faster and taking less damage would be a lot better. You can't really move around in mid-air so he can easily ram into you in mid-air so parachutes are just a faster way of killing you. Or you can maybe get a propulsion gun you use before you land to take less damage sorta like a jetpack gun.

Xelios

Jun 30, 2005
Yeah but still. The shield gun is a gun that no one really uses. Have you actually seen a good use except for defending yourself while holding down an opbjective? Come on, create something good with it. You should make it sorta like a jetpack or something. You should be able to fly around or something. Those big maps which are like 8 maps stictehd together are gonna have a lot of traveling. I think they're aleast should be a mod for it. The propulsion gun should be like a mini jetpack that actually you can't shoot whiel using. It adds a nice twist to it atleast in my opinion.

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
Don't use a goo shield to break your fall.

A diagram of a goo sheild in action:
Where X=open space and -=goo sheild

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXGOO SHIELDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What happens:You try to break your fall with the shield, You get goo all over you, and still splatter into peices.
Other Scenario: You get stuck in the goo sheild, and wait hopelessly untill the sheild falls to the ground and kills you.
Scenario 3: You hit the shield, bounce off higher, and have a more painfull death.
Best Case Scenario: You deploy the shield closer to the ground, and it breaks your fall. However your feet are stuck in the goo and you cannot move.

A few reasons not to use a goo shield to break your fall.:lol:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
rhirud said:
There's a lot of merit to this idea. It adds chaos, and an element that is different. As is said, we can bail out already; but all this will do is allow us to bail out in style. I think a sort of futuristic parachute would be good,because making an ejecting pilot more vulnerable is a good thing. Currently you have a 1 on 1 shock vs raptor, and as the raptor is nearly dead, the good pilot will eject and carry on the duel on foot - giving hims a big advantage - so a parachute type device would be a nice hinderance. In addition, if you fire your redeemer after ejecting form a raptor - agian a big parachute in the air would give a clue that something funy is going on.

Again as a general ambience thing, if you are in a dropship or a cicada turret; a flashing red light if the pilot ejects would be a nice addition.

I agree with this statement 100 percent. The eject should also act like a real ejection seat, and propel you up before opening. Also it should be separate from enter/exit, so that if you are going "X" speed or are "X" high you can only eject and not just exit the vehicle.

edhe said:
People forgetting the hover board? Whip it out halfway down :D
I hope they don't allow this. Because the player momentum would be such that pulling a stunt like that should cause the board to smash into the ground and bust in two. It would just look ridiculous if a player fell a mile then whipped out a board last second only to survive unscaved.