monsterspawn 2.05 update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Yeah another one..

This will most likely be the final. Unless theres any probs. I thought perhaps the health scaling feature might be a handly option as mentioned in the previous 204 thread and was a simple feature to add.

Anyways....

Whats new in 2.05

Added a health scaler.

You can now adjust the Health of the Monsters in the lists. Each list has its own scaler.
A greater scale will give them more health, a negative scale will give them less.
To a maximum of plus or minus 90 % more or less health. Note this is for listed monster *ONLY*
Not for ones already in the levels.

Added AllowBosses setting.

Boss monsters gain extra health just by being bosses. If you dont want them to gain extra health this will turn bosses off and reset their health to the monsters default.
This also *ONLY* effects monsters in the lists

Whats new in 2.04

It seems that in Extremely large levels, Queens could get lost with the extra teleporting locations. This isnt a problem unless the level cant end unless the queen is killed.
Anyway Ive add an extra option "AllowQueensXtraTeleports". If set to true will allow MSqueens
the ability to teleport in any level. If set to false Queens will require QueenDests placed in by the mapper to be able to teleport. If no QueenDests MSqueens wont try to teleport at all but normal queens will still try.

Also tweaked the MSqueen. Its less likely to become lost, but still may if a player shoots it from some distant hard to get to place and the MSqueen teleports to the player, or perhaps some other monster attacks it while on its journey.

However MSqueens are more dangerous in that you might get telefragged, I suggest if fighting one and you see it teleport, dont stand still, or even better never stand still when fighting one at all :)

Queens dont leave the levels they'll be there somewhere :) The queens can still be used set on true or false.

Cheers

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I think the MonsterSpawn mod is realy great, but i have a complaint. :(
Why dont you get a frag when you kill a MonsterSpawned monster?

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I should have brought this up a long time ago, but I'd like to see DevilFish and Squid replacements. I know spawning them wouldn't work well, but bot-attacking replacements would be nice.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
kortniechan said:
I think the MonsterSpawn mod is realy great, but i have a complaint. :(
Why dont you get a frag when you kill a MonsterSpawned monster?

Well scoring is handled by the game type. I guess in some game types they didnt allow for monsters at all or scores for killing modded monsters.

I'd have to check all the game types and make sure I dont override their existing scoring methods to make this work.

For example monsterhunt scores differently to olskool and i dont even see tvcoop allowing score modifiying and Ive no way of knowing what other custom gametypes may do. If I add score to these kills then some of the gametyoes will add more score, some wont allow it and others may be ok.

I dont see an easy solution that would make everyone happy. Will have to think about it for awhile.

Cheers

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
nuttella said:
I should have brought this up a long time ago, but I'd like to see DevilFish and Squid replacements. I know spawning them wouldn't work well, but bot-attacking replacements would be nice.

Well 205 was going to be the final ver. If u said earlier I couldve added it already :) But no matter if I do 206 with some scoring method I'll add them into that. Then 206 will be the very very last ver.

cheers

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Well the main place im looking to get a frag for the monsters is in a MH server but it would be nice in DM also. I want to add more monsters to a MH server, but without a frag count it kind of defeats the purpose. in a DM match it realy doesnt matter cause it adds an unexpected WTF! lol

Will you get a frag in a MH Map?

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
You do get frags in MH. At least you did with earlier versions, not sure about 2.05.

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Monsterspawn doesnt alter the scoring.. So if existing games gave score before they still do in 2.05. I dont have the time to mess with it at the moment as Im really busy with another mod but I can probablly add an optional scoring method if wanted..

Altho it'll only work in UT and not Unreal1.. and wont work in EVERY game type as it may be beyond a mutator to change the scoring in some gametypes.