EuroPuFs read this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I've just had cable internet installed. What a difference!!! Where before I had a best ping of 300+, now I have hundreds of servers pinging under 100. It's like playing a totally new game, incredible.

Anyone who says that ping doesn't matter does not know what they are talking about,I can now use all weapons including the t/l and can dodge and stay alive. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm more than happy to learn.

This is a MUST-have. :) :) :)

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Good stuff Stamp :)
I haven't played UT on line in over a month now due to my 1000+ connection. I'm getting a cable modem at the end of next month so I can't wait to rejoin the rest of the EuroPuFs in some fragstastic gibfests ;)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

Swedix_rs

Lucky You.
Still waiting for ADSL

bullet2.gif

I kill people for money but You are my friend so I kill You for nothing

Devisor

Feb 25, 2000
norway
ut.barrysworld.net
Hmm I newer gett that good ping.. my avarage is on 250, and sometime when I'm looking for a server I newer find ping bellow 350 8-(.. Butt when playing on the server the ping is basicly on 250 :cool:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Nice one Stamp. When (or should that be "if") we have Euro nights, you can host the server ;)

bullet2.gif

"We have the night, the moonlight, and the serenity. Nothing else needed".

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
one thing though, guys: There is no substitute for quality when choosing your network card; go for 3Com or something better. I have a card from Linksys and am getting repeated crashes and will probally have to get another one.

Still better than a modem tho.

H

Hertston

I'm lucky in that with 56k I can find plenty to play on in the 150 to 180 range.

I'm unlucky in that living in the back of beyond, I'm not likely to get cable until the second half of the decade !

bullet2.gif

I'm NOT paranoid ! All you guys really ARE out to get me !!....