PDA

View Full Version : Improving and Adding Existing Weapons and Vehicles.

Meester
18th Jun 2005, 11:46 AM
What changes would you like to see to the existing set of weaponry? Would you like to see weapons from say Unreal Championship 2 make it into Unreal 2007?

Personally I would like to see the Rocket Launcher be made more useful in its secondary function whether it be a return to the secondary fire from the original UT that spewed out a load of grenades or the secondary fire launching a remote control missile much like the Redeemer but less powerful (obviously) butwith a disadvantage that your character cannot move whilst controlling and the missile being slower but more useful against a Goliath so you can shoot it while hiding behind a hill.

Id like to see the AVRIL fire a lot faster and be able to take out a Raptor in a single hit. It should be able to negotiate hills a bit better. Or like HL2 it could be laser-guided in its homing capacity which worked well against gunships in that game. The Grenade Launcher I would like to see improved and maybe act like grenade launchers in other games? Secondary fire for it could add a floating grenade mine that follows players who get near it? Id like to see the Ripper or Ripjack back as well.

Bullet10k
18th Jun 2005, 12:16 PM
Your rocket launcher idea is nice (remote control like a redeemer). I would also like it so that you can remote control 3 rockets at once (the other 2 rockets FOLLOW the rocket that you are controlling).

Or like HL2 it could be laser-guided in its homing capacity which worked well against gunships in that game.
I dont get it...what u mean?

Discord
18th Jun 2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, the guided missile is something I'd been thinking about lately. I dunno if it would be worth it for the RL, but for the AVRiL I think it could get interesting.

What I'd been thinking of was just using the guided redeemer interface for an anti- vehicular missile... but I'd forgotten about the laser guidance system in HL2, that was pretty nice as well.

Or maybe you could even team it up and make a separate "AVRiL painter" type of weapon, where one player painted the target and other players launched the missiles.

I think balance is pretty good the way it is... but I also think systems like that might be fun to play around with at any rate.

I DON'T think the Raptor should be a one- shot kill for the AVRiL.

@Bullet10k: In HL2 there was a laserguided missile you could pick up to use against flying bad guys. You shot the missile in the general direction and then used alt- fire to shoot a targeting laser at your target. If you could keep the target painted, the missile you launched would eventually find its way to the target no matter how badly it missed at first.

Meester
18th Jun 2005, 12:32 PM
The laser on the RPG meant that if you kept the laser on a moving target then the missile would follow it and you could fire a missile to go behind a gunship and then put the laser on it so that the mssile would return and hit it in the back if you wished. It controls really well.

They are thinking about the alt-fire for the Impact Hammer - what may be good is if the alt-fire is used to latch onto an enemy soldier who you can then pick up and use as a human shield or launch them off a cliff. It could also be used on vehicles (enemy and friendly) to hitch a lift or ensure they don't run you down. So you could be up in the air stuck to a Raptor or on the front of a Scorpion that just tried to ram you.

Olga
18th Jun 2005, 04:10 PM
I think a vacuum function for the impact hammer would be pretty nice, as Meester said. It makes sense too.

The Rocket Launcher should get the grenade function back. If they're going to put the Enforcers back in they should give the Rocket Launcher the AR grenades. I would also like the weapons to be able to be heard from farther away because it's hard to hear anyone firing their weapons or charging them up in 200x when they are afar.

Vault
18th Jun 2005, 04:27 PM
i think the flak cannon shots should be redone visually, they're kinda getting old if you know what i mean

also i think the weapons should have a more organic look this time around, not as mechanical (see prey)

Beowolf
19th Jun 2005, 05:55 PM
I want to see a shotgun :)

edit: of course, I forgot about the flak cannon... :o

Mętlöaff
19th Jun 2005, 09:00 PM
One of the major problems I have with UT2kx is no Ripper/Razorjack/Ripjack. ChaosUT fixed that for me, but there's hardly anyone online in it.

carmatic
20th Jun 2005, 04:24 AM
I think a vacuum function for the impact hammer would be pretty nice, as Meester said. It makes sense too.

The Rocket Launcher should get the grenade function back. If they're going to put the Enforcers back in they should give the Rocket Launcher the AR grenades. I would also like the weapons to be able to be heard from farther away because it's hard to hear anyone firing their weapons or charging them up in 200x when they are afar.

thats largely a thing of atmosphere... the levels in the 2k3 and 2k4 levels are much bigger than the ones in ut99, but the sound still has the same scale relative to the player size as ut99, and most of the time the sounds are too far away...

i think that theres a special sound effect of the spma, that when it fires you can hear a 'long range' version of the sound from much further away than normal sounds... if only all the weapons (or only the big noisy ones) can have this special effect , not neccessarily a seperate sound effect but maybe processed by EAX or whatever, then we can have a fuller and warlike atmosphere...

gregori
20th Jun 2005, 04:36 PM
Give the rocket launcher/eightball more functionality esp against vehicles in team games thus removing the need for a seperate Avril, or grenade launcher!

Xaero_UT
20th Jun 2005, 07:55 PM
i want to see Radiosity's Hybrid Tournament, the weapons in there are what the kids these days call the shiznit!
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=158948

seriously they should hire him, id love to see that shock rifle in 07..

new weapon? how about teh ball launcher in ctf, then i can just throw the flag to someone else (im just joking, so dont go 'omg u cant do that, that's h4x')

really: the railgun, but its (just...so close to not being) a hitscan, so i doubt it.

rhirud
21st Jun 2005, 09:04 AM
Laser guiding would be a very good idea indeed. Anything that promotes teamwork would be terrific.

So how's this for a weapon concept. Primary fire shoots a missile, secondary fire shoots something that highlights targets.

If a missile is shot at a target that is already highlighted, it has 2.5x the destructive power and twice the speed and turning circle.

- But the catch is "already highlited" - so a teammate has to highlight the target before the weapon becomes souped up.