Interactive Studio Management To Rep Digital Extremes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Full Press Release:
ISM AND DIGITAL EXTREMES FORGE RELATIONSHIP

Interactive Studio Management Will Represent Digital Extremes

LOS ANGELES, CA – June 13, 2005 – Interactive Studio Management (ISM), the leading business management agency for independent video game developers, today announced the signing of top independent game development studio Digital Extremes. ISM will function as Digital Extremes' agency of record for business management and representation worldwide.

"We are extremely pleased with this new relationship with Digital Extremes," said Bob Jacob, co-founder of ISM. "Their co-creation of multi-million unit selling games, such as Epic's Unreal® and Unreal Tournament, demonstrates the vast talent and potential of this developer. Now a part of the ISM family, we are looking forward to bringing their success to new heights."

About Digital Extremes
Founded in 1993 by industry visionary, James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent development studios in the interactive entertainment industry. The Canadian based developer is best known for its co-creation of Epic's Unreal®, the multi-million unit selling franchise which includes the award-winning PC series Unreal and Unreal Tournament as well as Xbox® hit Unreal Championship. Digital Extremes is currently in production on its next-generation title, Dark SectorTM. For more information visit the company website at www.digitalextremes.com.

About ISM
ISM, founded by industry veterans Clyde Grossman and Bob Jacob, has represented a number of top independent development companies, including Digital Illusions CE (recently acquired by Electronic Arts), Paradox Development (recently acquired by Midway), Silicon Knights, and others. Earlier this year, ISM acquired Los Angeles based agency, Digital Development Management, headed by Jeffery Hilbert, and BizDev, Inc., headed by Dan Lee Rogers. ISM has offices in Los Angeles and northern California.

# # #

Xbox is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other
countries.

Unreal® is a trademark of Epic Games

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A press release was issued today from ISM regarding a new deal formed with Digital Extremes, co-developers of much of the Unreal series. Check out the full press release for more details.

LOS ANGELES, CA – June 13, 2005 – Interactive Studio Management (ISM), the leading business management agency for independent video game developers, today announced the signing of top independent game development studio Digital Extremes. ISM will function as Digital Extremes' agency of record for business management and representation worldwide.

"We are extremely pleased with this new relationship with Digital Extremes," said Bob Jacob, co-founder of ISM. "Their co-creation of multi-million unit selling games, such as Epic's Unreal® and Unreal Tournament, demonstrates the vast talent and potential of this developer. Now a part of the ISM family, we are looking forward to bringing their success to new heights."

In checking out this story, I've noticed that Gamespot has sort of floated the idea that DE might be being groomed for sale (presumably to a larger developer or to a publisher) and in the same story spoke to a representative at ISM:

An ISM staffer told GameSpot today that the alliance "doesn't have anything to do with an impending acquisition. ISM is representing Digital Extremes' business, so while we all have an interest in their long-term strategy, the basis of this relationship was not contingent on an acquisition."

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
well considering pariah sales havnt cracked the top 25 games in sales, im guessing if Dark Sector doesnt materialize, that.... they are gonna have some rough times...

Amazing how 1 mediocre game can kill your company.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The worst thing is that Pariah could have been a great game with more testing and bugfixes (and better res Cinematicws for the PC). It's only mediocre because it's isn't even on the right track to being polished so far.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
If DE does get sold it better not be to EA. :mad:

If EA buys up one more good game developer I am going to dedicate the rest of my life to making enough money to buy them out and chop there company to peices so I can aution it off. With all there house titles being sold to the LOWEST bidder.

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
its sad seeing such a great developer that i admire a lot going through some hard times... i thought pariah had a lot of potential, btu didnt quite pull it off... from what ive seen and heard about Dark Sector, it might just be the life saver they need right now.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
[GU]elmur_fud said:
If DE does get sold it better not be to EA. :mad:

If EA buys up one more good game developer I am going to dedicate the rest of my life to making enough money to buy them out and chop there company to peices so I can aution it off. With all there house titles being sold to the LOWEST bidder.

Count me in