An idea to stop spawn campers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I think Epic would do extremely well to include this in the next patch, where when you respawn you're invincible for 2-3 seconds. This would go down a storm in the UT community.

bullet2.gif

"We have the night, the moonlight, and the serenity. Nothing else needed".

The Duke

Feb 25, 2000
Oude-Tonge,ZH,Netherlands
Visit site
When you are respawned I think you should be invulnerable for some seconds (3-5) so you can figure out where you are and get some guns. This will stop you from getting killed right after you respawn.

If you fire a gun in the invulnerable time (3-5 seconds) you are of course vulnerable again :)

ybz

Jan 16, 2000
Israel
Visit site
there are already some mutators for that.
i played on a server that had 2 invulnerablilty mutators for respawn + you were invisible.

MoyDoy

Taking myself way too seriously
Apr 20, 2000
Östersund, Sweden
Visit site
Interesting, but not the first time i´ve seen some thing like it. I mean just look at Super Mario Bros. If you get hurt and shrink you will be invulnerble for like 3 secs. But still, it is a godd idea.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Good idea, but it should also end as soon as they shoot. That way they can't just shoot you with their enforcer, and you not be able to hurt them back.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
I think the best remedy for spawn campers (esp. those on CTF-Face) is to humiliate them with the impact hammer, then harass them to no end about it!! And if they come and try to do it again, humiliate them with the impact hammer again! :D

At least that's what I do.

A

Alarion-={FU}=-

Yes, as soon as I get spawn sniped in Face I go grab some health, jump to the damage amp and grab that and load up on rockets. I then proceed immediately to the other base and drop down right behind/next to the offending llama and chuck me x-loc right at his feet...I then wait a sec...to savor the moment..and...and..."uuuuughhhkkkkk" "Alarion{FU} has just telefragged <llama>"

I then hang around their base knocking around/killing the llamas on my team that are spawn camping/killing from behind the tower.

bullet2.gif

-=Alarion{FU}=-
{FU} Clan - We are family :)
http://www.fuclan.com

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Usually spawn snipers have poor aim. That's why they just aim at the relative position of your head where they know you're going to respawn. If I get my head shot off right when I respawn I usually just duck the next time I spawn and 9 times outta 10 they miss. Then I just grab a sniper rifle myself and spawn snipe them back a few times until they call ME a lamer. LOL.

That's only on CTF-Face though. Probably the worst spawn sniping map around.

bullet2.gif

You like that?

maxrevs

May 4, 2000
Mallow,Co.Cork,Ireland
Visit site
there's also a mutator called Crotchshot (ouch!) :) , what this baby does is it lets you kill instantly by shooting someone in the gonads with your enforcer or minigun , this helps to avoid respawned players being easy meat , the only problem is that it cam throw off the flow of the game as it makes the enforcer a 1 shot kill gun :(

bullet2.gif

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no Evil , for The meanest motherf**kers in the valley,Are on my team...