PDA

View Full Version : Necris Vehicles

K.N.I.F.E
4th Jun 2005, 04:25 PM
Is there any info or screenhosts on the Necris Vehicles? They sound so kool and plus Necris PWN!!!

Skrilax
4th Jun 2005, 04:30 PM
nope i havent found any info yet i still think they are remodelling the ut2004 (editors choice edition) vehicles. ;) They dont know what kind of vehicle it will be so i think we'll just have to wait :rolleyes: Patients my friend :lol:

FireCrack
4th Jun 2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, those are probably being kept secret until near release, we only have one factoid, one may be a spider-like walker vehicle.

carmatic
4th Jun 2005, 04:54 PM
speculate!speculate!speculate!

Unreality
5th Jun 2005, 09:56 AM
well all we know so far is that theyre meant to be more darker in some sort of way even though i don't see vechiles being evil o.O and yes the spider has bin sed all we know so far :(

killalot0
5th Jun 2005, 11:40 AM
i really hope they get the balance correct. Now it looks like the two sides will be totally different. i dont say it cant be done, GDI vs NOD it C&C showed us it can but i have played games that were units were just the same exect for the looks. I hope they wont make it like that, but otherwise it can be unbalanced very quickly.

carmatic
5th Jun 2005, 11:46 AM
just think, what do you see a necris drive down to the mall on sunday to do his shopping?

killalot0
5th Jun 2005, 11:51 AM
just think, what do you see a necris drive down to the mall on sunday to do his shopping?

a coffin on wheels ? :con:

K.N.I.F.E
5th Jun 2005, 01:05 PM
I was thinking I would see him in a red and black dropship with 900mm cannons.

Discord
5th Jun 2005, 01:20 PM

Here, just stick a chaingun on this puppy and you're good to go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/[Apoc]Discord/Hearse20redneck.jpg

FireCrack
5th Jun 2005, 03:08 PM
A gothic cathedrel.

Mętlöaff
5th Jun 2005, 03:10 PM
Necris don't go to malls.

That's conformist.

Olga
5th Jun 2005, 05:58 PM
I think the Necris should see this: http://wc.sixwinter.com/?other_acawss

Israphel
5th Jun 2005, 06:39 PM
All the vehicles are supposed to be balanced, so I was wondering what would be the necri vehicle to balance the Lev.....and I think FireCrack hit the nail on the head here...

A gothic cathedrel.

:lol:

The_Head
6th Jun 2005, 06:38 AM
lmao.

Yeh that would be cool :p

SirYawnalot
6th Jun 2005, 09:30 AM
Necris don't go to malls.

That's conformist.
Rofl, nice reference there.

Well, apparently the Necris vehicles are going to be somewhat bizarre as a contrast to the strictly functional militaristic Axon (ut2004-ported) vehicles. A spider-like vehicle is a good example of that.

Personally I don't think that fits in too well with the Necris background (although I have to say I don't know anything at all about their background in UC2, looks pretty naff from what I've seen so far), in my opinion their vehicles should be more stealthy and assassinlike in function, resembling the underground nature of their builders.

omnius
6th Jun 2005, 10:36 AM
Air defense platform

gregori
8th Jun 2005, 01:20 PM
Stealthy with razor sharp edges god damn it!, once there fun, have them teleport too or have a cloaked stealth bomber thats has to decloak if it fires, basicly epic are doing a spider walker because half life 2 did it as will quake 4 when it hits the shelves, a mole vehicle that tunnels under ground and surfaces at will could be interesting, like the digger in the matrix!

Oakwarrior
9th Jun 2005, 03:54 AM
Maybe a the Necris need a mobile butcher service vehicle? Like a scorpion but like 10 blades or something...

The_Head
9th Jun 2005, 04:48 AM
Something bigger than the Leviathon would be nice. It jsut isnt big enough at the moment. You should be able to get your whole team in it with space left over. A gothic Cathedral would do this well.

Some sort of scorpion style thing with a huge spinning blade thing for ripping people apart would be good.

Majik
9th Jun 2005, 07:53 AM
Having your levi manned by your entire team in a gametype like onslaught, where speed and efficiency is vital, is just suicide. I think it's fine as it is. Well...as long as it isn't featured in smaller maps and is placed properly within the maps that is.

shadow_dragon
9th Jun 2005, 10:08 AM
I want to see Necris riding fire breathing dragons going Toe to Toe with raptors. Heh heh! :D

Oakwarrior
9th Jun 2005, 10:10 AM
Biological vehicles... err... OK OK... MOUNTS would be cool.

winx
9th Jun 2005, 10:15 AM
dragons = cool idea = i dont think well seee this in ut2k7

Oakwarrior
9th Jun 2005, 10:16 AM
One word: Modding.

winx
9th Jun 2005, 10:18 AM
another word: peanut

gregori
9th Jun 2005, 11:32 AM
not dragons as such, but messed up flying beasts from hell that breath lightning, screech and have glass shard like razor teeth!

Mętlöaff
9th Jun 2005, 06:34 PM
not dragons as such, but messed up flying beasts from hell that breath lightning, screech and have glass shard like razor teeth!
Are you insinuating that Necris are ring wraiths?

Not sure I'd want to see the nazgul in game or not.

gregori
10th Jun 2005, 06:15 AM
Is the forum insinuating the game is Dungeons and dragons?

any way their is a beast similar to what i described in Gears of war,
whatever the case maybe a normal dragon like creature would be too unimaginative for the series ,it would have to have an unreal twist on it!

edhe
10th Jun 2005, 09:00 AM
No dragons. Thanks.

Only dragon lolloping about the playingfield will be in Kragoth's pants.

shadow_dragon
10th Jun 2005, 09:12 AM
I wasn't really be serious about the dragon thing but now i come to think of it i can picture a necris kinda mechanical dragonfly contraption.

Oakwarrior
10th Jun 2005, 09:13 AM
Like an Ornitropter from Dune, perhaps?

gregori
10th Jun 2005, 09:27 AM
gigantic cactus like flying electrical orb fighter craft that fires lightning bolts, kinda like the spheres and metal architecture on that map ctf citadel, make it move in with full mobility and have fire mines/torpedoes that look like minature versions of itself!

carmatic
10th Jun 2005, 02:38 PM
i dunnoe, but i think that they'll use more of their unreal warfare vehicles and convert some to a necris theme... like, you know, the ece onslaught vehicles were from unreal warfare, and maybe there are a couple more vehicles which were designed but not used yet...

FireCrack
10th Jun 2005, 06:55 PM
Umm, unreal warfare was never made...

Dark Pulse
11th Jun 2005, 01:41 AM
He's saying ideas from Unreal Warfare went to other things - UT2004 got Onslaught, for example

3vilMercury
11th Jun 2005, 05:30 AM
I hope one of the vehicles is going to be something like the mech suit from Matrix: Revolutions, where you can see the models arms and legs attached to the sensors.