Things that will help UT2007!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Memory

May 30, 2005
AMD or Intel Dual Core Processors?
Intel Chipsets or other?
Intel MotherBoard or other?

What I really want information on, is shall I get AMD or Intel Dual Core Processors?

Thanks.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
AMD has kicked Intel's ass in games for years now. A Dual Core setup should do you right, but I'd wait until the game is nearly out before getting one- the way tech's going, if you get a new chip now, six months after the game is out something better will be around.

Chipsets really don't matter, but a lot of people here swear by the nForce Boards.

See above regarding the Motherboard.

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
I'm going to wait out the grafix wars...next gen will be out before UT2K7 so I'll probs get one (or two or whatever) of those.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
speculations - speculations - speculations - speculations - speculations
it s pretty impossible to know right now how much will cost the standart PC that will be able to run UT2k7 properly...

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
The_Head said:
By the time this game comes out I want [a/two] Dual Core [AMD chip(s)]. And Crossfire [ATI] cards.
Me too.

Intel is overpricing and underperforming. The current $1000 Intel chip gets pwnt by the current $1000 AMD chip. I wouldn't keep my hopes up that they'll ever be able to compare again at this point.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
and note that youcan install AMD64 X2 in the current K8 mainboards and get your performance boost right now (or at least after updating the BIOS). For Intel you'll need to buy a new, and very expensive motherboard. Add the fact that according to some tests I've read about on gameguru.box.sk AMD outperfoms Intel. After that I'd say that Intel CPU gets really pwnt.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Things that will really help is waiting until the game has been released. I'm pretty sure that it'll be easier to guess what kind of hardware works best for this game.

Of all the possible new hardware I think that the physics processing unit is going to be the most interesting/controversial for us consumers.

ExiT

hella lurker
Mar 14, 2003
uhm...
www.planetunreal.com
Wait till it comes out.

If you don't need the additional power right now, you are just wasting a year of your computer's life - 1 less year before it becomes obsolete

You can waste SO MUCH money buying new CPU+mobo+vc's all the time.