PDA

View Full Version : New Character Ideas

Vault
31st May 2005, 02:34 PM
This is the thread where everyone places their ideas for new characters or races, or teams

For character... give name.. height..weight etc.. and bio if you like

for races and teams.. just give background info and stuff

Skrilax
31st May 2005, 06:04 PM
i wish the skaarj returns;) great skins though and more beatiful ladies like in DOA MMMM...:p

JaFO
31st May 2005, 06:48 PM
- Nali
- Nali Cows ...

ok, they're not 'new' but they ought to be brought back.

gregori
31st May 2005, 07:10 PM
Norse race, all draped in epic metal power armour adorned in skulls and horns,
Fight for glory and their place in valhalla(or similar), they guard the sacred runes to portals connecting the galaxy togheter, they've an overpowering sense of moral right and duty and use every last piece for their lives to serve their sense of honor,
they carry into battle power hammers and axes and abuse adrenanline and stimulants to go beserk in battle, their bodies are also part machine-some entombed in a their life preserving armour keeping them immortal until they meet their maker in a most voracious and honorable battle!

character: valkyrie,odin,thor and so on.....................

Ryans_Privates
31st May 2005, 08:43 PM
1. How about blob like creatures.
2. Or what about people with wings.
3. What about reptilian like people with heads like animals.
4. Maybe someone that's made of Fire or Ice, like Cinder and Glacious from the Killer Instinct games.

Remember Killer Instinct?

Cinder
http://www.vigilantesquad.com/forum/uploaded/Ryans_Privates/Cinder.jpg

Glacious
http://www.vigilantesquad.com/forum/uploaded/Ryans_Privates/Glacious.jpg

Xaero_UT
31st May 2005, 09:01 PM
glacier looks alright, but killer instinct is its own game, i want to see new characters, not a ripoff of commander chief with a chewbacka(i know i spelt it wrong....bugger off) voice (though it does sound interesting)

i like reading the character bios, and think time should be spent, writing it to do with unreal history, and not pasting something together.

edit: oh and mecha skaarj, they looked cool

Ryans_Privates
31st May 2005, 09:25 PM
glacier looks alright, but killer instinct is its own game, i want to see new characters, not a ripoff of commander chief with a chewbacka(i know i spelt it wrong....bugger off) voice (though it does sound interesting)

i like reading the character bios, and think time should be spent, writing it to do with unreal history, and not pasting something together.

edit: oh and mecha skaarj, they looked cool

I never said make an exact copy of these characters. It seems that I have to explain to everyone one in each one of these topics that it would be nice to see something like these characters NOT THE EXACT CHARACTERS!!!

Xaero_UT
31st May 2005, 11:50 PM
I never said make an exact copy of these characters. It seems that I have to explain to everyone one in each one of these topics that it would be nice to see something like these characters NOT THE EXACT CHARACTERS!!!

wasnt having a go at u, but i dont want a character to be ANYTHING LIKE A CHARACTER FROM ANOTHER GAME :lol: ...original, all the way :D

Olga
31st May 2005, 11:57 PM
They need to put the Mercenaries from Unreal in UT2007, they rocked.

Majik
1st Jun 2005, 12:03 AM
We have actually yet to see some asian characters iirc. I'm not suggesting that they add some samurais, ninjas or the like, but what about a team featuring some futuristic-punk-style Japanese?

Olga
1st Jun 2005, 12:11 AM
BlackJack is asian. :P

Majik
1st Jun 2005, 12:14 AM
Well, yeah you're right, but her style/outfit isn't.

Xaero_UT
1st Jun 2005, 12:17 AM
without the japanese part could be the gotic punk thing with outlaw and baird, etc

wait..they're mostly multicoloured, more 'hippie' style?

EL BOURIKO
1st Jun 2005, 02:56 AM
I would be so pleased to see some modern race inspired from the Zapotecs or mixtecs or Aztecs or Olmecs or... well something inspired from the bloody mysterious cultures from meso-america with lots of gold, mayan drawings and feathers.

Mętlöaff
1st Jun 2005, 03:13 AM
We have actually yet to see some asian characters iirc. I'm not suggesting that they add some samurais, ninjas or the like, but what about a team featuring some futuristic-punk-style Japanese?
There's always the Izinagi(sp?) Corp.

I'd love to see the Mercenaries or the Brutes from Unreal 1 come back.

BooGiTyBoY
1st Jun 2005, 05:44 AM
I wanna see a team of Llamas like in Jailbreak.

http://www.planetjailbreak.com/gallery/200x-features/llama-head.jpeg

The_Head
1st Jun 2005, 07:20 AM
LLAMAS!

That would be funny. I want more cyborgy things. I miss the old warmachine and Warboss skins from UT99. Also all versions of Xan.

blutspender
1st Jun 2005, 08:27 AM
Norse race, all draped in epic metal power armour adorned in skulls and horns,
Fight for glory and their place in valhalla(or similar), they guard the sacred runes to portals connecting the galaxy togheter, they've an overpowering sense of moral right and duty and use every last piece for their lives to serve their sense of honor,
they carry into battle power hammers and axes and abuse adrenanline and stimulants to go beserk in battle, their bodies are also part machine-some entombed in a their life preserving armour keeping them immortal until they meet their maker in a most voracious and honorable battle!

character: valkyrie,odin,thor and so on.....................

THAT'S an great idea!

gregori
1st Jun 2005, 04:10 PM
Put space ninjas and cyber samurai in the game and call them Izanagi,
it could hardly hurt could it, give them mechs infact because japanese tend to like robots!(ghost in a shell)

Bloodwolf806
1st Jun 2005, 04:43 PM
How about.....A NECRIS SKAARJ!!!!

anybody????.......okay........

NeoNite
1st Jun 2005, 06:37 PM
1. How about blob like creatures.

They were already featured in Unreal.

http://www.oldunreal.com/grafix/walkthrough/unreal/u1-17-03.jpg

gregori
1st Jun 2005, 07:52 PM
On a unrelated matter how about more maps with wierd glowing forcefields and alien technology like the screenshot of unreal 1 there, bring back the super hi tech look of unreal 1!

What about Nali warriors based on the Hindu deathgod Kali!
Or amoeba like blobs maitained by robotic life suits,

NeoNite
1st Jun 2005, 07:54 PM
If you want alien technology Unreal stuff, try hexephet (single player). The "fission smelter" map has an excellent look...

Vault
1st Jun 2005, 10:07 PM
The Krakanent.. a race of humans that when following what their god asked of them, came upon an abandoned temple and stayed there for the night. In their sleep a transformation took place.. some men became rock, some fire, some plant like.. some ice, some lava, etc. After they awoke and found out of this terrible happening they abandoned their god, thinking it had forced it upon them. The greatest warriors of the Krakanent race fight in the tournament because Liandri promised to transform them back if they won. Liandri lied of course.. and if the teams does win.. Liandri will turn them into mind puppets and foced them to fight in more tournaments, as Liandri kills as the rest of their race

Ignotium
1st Jun 2005, 10:13 PM
NIGGAS

KIDING

Olga
2nd Jun 2005, 10:18 AM
UT needs more black people, and the skaarj don't count.

gregori
2nd Jun 2005, 01:02 PM
and more asians,russians,indians,native north americans,hispanics,irish,british,french,arabs
and last but not least vampire-zombie alien robots!

Dark Pulse
2nd Jun 2005, 08:29 PM
UT has plenty of black people.

Olga
2nd Jun 2005, 08:31 PM
UT99 had a lot of black people.

UT2004 has Malcolm, Othello, and Jakob.... and Prism.

Dark Pulse
2nd Jun 2005, 08:41 PM
UT99 had a lot of black people.

UT2004 has Malcolm, Othello, and Jakob.... and Prism.
You're forgetting Cannonball and probably 1-2 others, I'm sure.

Olga
2nd Jun 2005, 08:42 PM
Well it still needs more.

Majik
2nd Jun 2005, 11:53 PM
Malcolm, Jakob, Aryss, Tamika, Othello, Azure, Annika (basically the entire Thundercrash team apart from Riker), Prism and Cannonball (although I think he might just have a dark teint or perhaps he's hispanic?). That's 9 out of 46 humans in total (including the ECE bonus characters), which is about 1/5 or 20% of the humans. I'd say that's a fair amount and they might as well look into other races if they're thinking of expanding the selection of ethnic characters.

And don't forget 2 of them are champions, that is if Jakob presumably won in 2k4 of course.

gregori
3rd Jun 2005, 02:51 PM
I know aswell as more charaters of different ethnic origons, why don't we have'em speak there native languages in taunts and so on...........even have the alien character speak there own languages..........but this feature can be switched off..
Hopefully in the future, the glalaxy isn't overun with english speakers i mean wtf....

gades
3rd Jun 2005, 10:04 PM
Dammit, I want a spiky hair punkass character.
:cool:

Monster Kill
9th Jun 2005, 01:55 PM
GGGGGOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNN!! (gorn) That guy w/ the weird robot eyes from UT99. He's a beast.

Mr.Magnetichead
9th Jun 2005, 02:45 PM

No it doesn't. It's characters are already geared towards ethnic minorities and wiggers even though they make up a very small section of the fan/player base.

Olga
9th Jun 2005, 06:02 PM
Dear Mr.Magnetichead,
I have written this letter to inform you that the post you are quoting is made in light humor, and may in fact be sarcastic.

Signed,
Erika

Mętlöaff
9th Jun 2005, 07:24 PM
I know aswell as more charaters of different ethnic origons, why don't we have'em speak there native languages in taunts and so on...........even have the alien character speak there own languages..........but this feature can be switched off..
Hopefully in the future, the glalaxy isn't overun with english speakers i mean wtf....
I like the UT99 Skaarj voice, because a couple of the taunts were Skaarj language.

Mr.Magnetichead
10th Jun 2005, 05:56 AM
Dear Mr.Magnetichead,
I have written this letter to inform you that the post you are quoting is made in light humor, and may in fact be sarcastic.

Signed,
Erika

I know it was but my point is still valid.

edhe
10th Jun 2005, 10:04 AM
Want some arians? A full team perchance? black and red armour? :)

Meatball01
11th Jun 2005, 12:30 PM
GGGGGOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNN!! (gorn) That guy w/ the weird robot eyes from UT99. He's a beast.

Gorn owns! :rockon:

gregori
20th Jun 2005, 05:51 PM
Game needs a wise cracking gunslinger of types, that favours wielding two handguns.......or hand cannons, if the case maybe............they would be a mercenary maybe? Anyway carries an ammo bandolier and black plated armour concealed under a wide trenchcoat, slings a woolen scarf backwards, possibly a dead wolf... now that i think of it, has pair of ww2 bomber glasses slung back over the forehead, and greyed sideburns.A veteran of battle and Basically a really longwinded excuse to have a character with a 'twirl gun in the hand' animation! not just guns tough , rocket launchers too!

winx
21st Jun 2005, 09:16 AM
heil edhe

gregori
21st Jun 2005, 02:32 PM
'member the character from the ECTS 2001 video ,in the heavy armour suit that was doing the kung fu moves and had really funny facial expressions, twas the first time Epic showed of the Unreal 'warfare ' engine.

they ought to make that character a bonus character!

winx
21st Jun 2005, 02:36 PM
Chuck Norris

edit: He would lead the "mullet warriors". (which would not be the cheesiest team name weve seen.)

3vilMercury
21st Jun 2005, 06:57 PM
I would like to see some characters from Warhammer 40K in the game. Or at least some that looks like. FX daemons, or daemon armour with souls floating inside, kinda stuff.

gregori
21st Jun 2005, 07:45 PM
A race like the Eldar/Necrons from 40k?...............

nuttella
22nd Jun 2005, 01:33 AM
I miss the Necris chicks.

And I'd like to see more Jews.

Olga
22nd Jun 2005, 01:53 AM
I want to put the Zerg, the Machines, the Argonians, the Protoss, the Doom Alienz, the Pokemon, the Predators, the Umbrella Corporation, the FedEx delivery guys, the Lego men, and the Village People.

If they put that in it would be so UNREAL.

Vault
22nd Jun 2005, 09:17 AM
Fed Ex? man, UPS pwns them

yeah, the creatures from The Villages, that would pwn!

XaN
20th Jul 2005, 08:51 AM
well i know u stoped talking about charcter idea's but just for the record i would add a charcter to ut 2007 actually it's a nali that was captured by the skarrj and became a victim to a series of tests that genetically inhanced his strength and size by 5 times more then a nali and added to his decapitated leg a chain gun that requires to lift the leg up and balance itself on one leg while firing. pretty stupid ha?

:stupid:

gregori
20th Jul 2005, 09:05 AM
How bout' a four armed robotic nali, its bottom inner arms can unfold holding two weapons,
whilst his outer upper arms are larger and can deflect shots and act as a shield!

XaN
20th Jul 2005, 09:07 AM
forgot about the two extra arms , nice idea i think that would be a good charcter:)

Shroom-FX
20th Jul 2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.totaldvd.net/features/discs/images/200202PlanetApes_1.jpg

Munkays! :y5:

XaN
20th Jul 2005, 10:33 AM
yeah more monkeys in unreal series !

->Sachiel<-
24th Jul 2005, 09:55 AM
you people are crazy.......TOO MANY CHARACTERS......AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!, They are devouring my soul, and my HARD DRIVE.... DIE,DIE,DIE OFF DAMN IT, FLAK CANNON GOT JAMMED.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Swerto
29th Jul 2005, 02:34 PM
I would be so pleased to see some modern race inspired from the Zapotecs or mixtecs or Aztecs or Olmecs or... well something inspired from the bloody mysterious cultures from meso-america with lots of gold, mayan drawings and feathers.

the egyption race is

my ideas

race: demonica
Armor: red spikey armor with skulls n stuf on it
spestat: Jump high run fast and very powerful
melee( if they put it in) firey fists
skin color: pitch black no color at all with red tatoos.
the demonicans are a demonic race that come to hunt the necris and bring them to their home, hell
:instagib:
team

Iron Pheonix
armor pending on member but mostly red.
members: Swerto(leader, human) Bl!tz(Skaarj,second in command), Swertman(Human,leaders brother) AJ(Human,Vetran of the Human Skaarj wars), Swerto][(Mechanical bodyguard of Swerto), and Bot(Golden Xan look-alike paid for by Axon coorperation).
:instagib:
character:
Name: Swerto
height 6ft 4in
wheight 230 w/o armor 1,200 w/ armor
armor exactly like xan's just all red and black!
bio:
Swerto joined the tournament in the minor leagues and lost to Malcolm seeking revenge he got put in prison for attempted murder. nine years later he was released from prison by the LRB to join the Tournament again. Swerto made his way to the top and fought Xan and Malcolm. Xan told him to leave the ship and he would report his loss. Instead he hired Malcolm to corner him and Kill him.
After long though dead he joined the tournament again fighting his way to the top and losing to Xan this time. Now after every year trying to be champion he is back with his team Iron Pheonix to claim the title of champion.

Interested? Read the full story at fanfiction.net under game and unreal tournament.

Swerto
3rd Aug 2005, 03:13 PM
got direct link here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2403942/1/ BTw swerto is a Rankin right now cuz he hasn't been "killed"
it's not finished yet so bear with me i have to replay ut again... but when it is ill go onto the next ones,(their's six i'm planning...)

Oh yeah another character idea.....................BRING RANKIN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klasnic
3rd Aug 2005, 05:15 PM
yeah more monkeys in unreal series !

Go online any day and you'll see plenty :lol:

K.N.I.F.E
3rd Aug 2005, 10:27 PM
I got an idea for a charachter inspired from Swerto and might make a story on fanfiction for him.

Name:Zaros
Race:Necris
Armor:Standard Necris armor, Same as Rapier's
Height:5ft 6inch-still a young Necris, adults are 128 years old
Weight 140 llbs, Armor makes it 400 llbs.
Perfered weapon:Rocket Launcher
History:
Zaros was training to be a phayder in his teen years, but he fell for a human girl named Rhan. Rhan rejected Zaros for being a Necris and killing humans, so her death was predictable and Zaros, was chased down by the NEG at a Necris underground bunker in a large city. The bunker was atacked and Zaros was wounded. He was in a comma for 20 years. When he woke up he wanted to seek vegance on the NEG by firing a Redeemer at a NEG HQ, but he was surounded quickly, and to escape death, he joined the tournament.

Nereid
4th Aug 2005, 01:29 AM
We need Nali WarCows! And jelly donuts! (Bagels will suffice.)

Mr.Magnetichead
5th Aug 2005, 04:43 AM
Giant Panda Bears!...and they can fly!

Zur
5th Aug 2005, 04:47 AM
Plumbers ... erm, wait that could cause a problem with Nintendo :D :D :D .

NeoNite
5th Aug 2005, 01:04 PM
I GOT AN IDEA FOR A CHARACATRERER!

Name:SimSalabim
Race:Pickle
Armor:dunno some stuff.. might be paper or metal.
Height:2 smelly feet
Weight: 300 lbs.
Perfered weapon: poopgun. Picked it up on the bufplanet.
History:
Simsalabim was an unemployed bastiche, but then he enlisted in the tournaments! Slaying his opponents by showing them his SMELLY feet, he quickly climbed up to the TOP ranks of the tournament! s!
He fell in love with a lady pickle, but she owned him in the tournament and became A CHAMPIGNON!
Simsalibim got banned from the ladders and fled to the planet ayax.
There he vowed to get revenge on lady pickle, and everyone who teamed up with her.

Unfortunately, simsalabim has already forgotten everything about his tournament days and spends his time assaulting galactic snowcows in the vast jungle of ayax.

the end.

Maybe.

He might all of the sudden remember everything and reappear in the tournament, though.

Swerto
5th Aug 2005, 01:48 PM
LOL funny

Camper Torts
8th Aug 2005, 05:53 PM
soemthing like this is whut they should make for playable characters

Name: Pedeus
Race: Archangel
Weapons: Staff and lightning bolts

http://landfantasy2.free.fr/WatersM/Archangel%20Michael.jpg

Name: Logan
Race: Gladiator
Weapons: Titan sword and Pistols

http://archangel-studios.com/images/d20/dramatis/logan_lg.jpg

Name: Mesiah
Race: Guardians
Weapons: Long rifle and twin swords

http://www.rpgobjects.com/images/dw2/survivalits800.jpg

NeoNite
9th Aug 2005, 12:35 PM
Meh, first two characters would fit well in some wee-wee adventure-figthtehevildragonandtrolls game, but not UT...

Third one, yeah.. isn't bad.