What do you want from the new UT2007?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I want to see pretty water.
The kind you see in HL2 but better.

- full reflections
- shimmering
- Visual distorion that effect your visual depth
- and I want it to be affected by objects that move on its surface. "ripple effects" the "wake"

I also demand an underwater deathmatch. Why not? its pretty much the same as low grav.

Oh yeah, dont use the lightning gun.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
I want vehicle entry/exit animations
Impact Hammer (check)
Feign Death (check)
Ground Fog that reacts to objects
Visible Armor, like you can see if someone is wearing any.
and really big hats!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Trash or option it out for no double jumps,flips,parrallel bars,gym mats,frickin make the dudes act like normal humans.
And trash the stupid lightning gun,I wish someone could do a mod to make it work like in the quake1 addon "painkeep" man it was soooo cool.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Double jumps = staying but movement is toned waaay down so it's more like ut99. "In your face" as epic describes it :)
Ground fog is already possible with UT2k4 using particles and particle collision but it would be way too laggy. New engine supports volumetric fog like UT used to but it almost certainly won't react to objects.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
How about a weapon that would irradiate an opponent so they would be radioactive. They would start to glow and would have a brief time to live before they melted down. During this time, they would harm others by their radiation if they were close enough to get a dose of radiation. Maybe they could even infect and irradiate others if they touch them before they die, and that player would glow and eventually melt down.

Or how ‘bout some kick-butt flame thrower.

Explosive dart gun.

Maybe when you’re all out of ammo, instead of a shield or an impact hammer, you’d have a rubber bullet gun. The bullets would stun enemies while they were getting hit and maybe give you enough time to pick up another gun or more ammo.

Maybe a brief ability to fly after enough pick-ups.

What about a net gun to trap an enemy. Then you switch guns and blow them away if they don’t blast their way out first.

Or a glue gun that fires a huge glob of super sticky goo to stick people in one place. You could fire it right at an enemy, or fire it on the ground and if somebody steps in it, they would get stuck. Make it sticky for only a few seconds so the stuff isn’t everywhere.

A ROSIE O'DONNELL mutator.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
QUALTHWAR said:
How about a weapon that would irradiate an opponent so they would be radioactive. They would start to glow and would have a brief time to live before they melted down. During this time, they would harm others by their radiation if they were close enough to get a dose of radiation. Maybe they could even infect and irradiate others if they touch them before they die, and that player would glow and eventually melt down.

That's quite a cool idea. Should be a mutator, perhaps.

GMotha

The nipples from Napels
Nov 3, 2001
Antwerp
gmotha.deviantart.com
-A clear indication of a player with less than 50% health (a different kind of walk)
-More melee (maybe a mutator wich only allows melee weapon à la UC2 + seperate maps built specially for melee combat)
-No more facing worlds
-More work on the sound (different footstepsounds for each kind of floor for example)
-Flies on dead body's (like in Unreal, I always liked that little detail)
-No extra weapon like the redeemer or ion cannon, even better: lose the redeemer and ion painter.
-Maybe the possibiliy of taking trophies with you (a severed head is always a nice addition to your collection)
-The return of darkmatch!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
OR just fix up the first UT but have some kind of ironclad anticheat added,or do that and a new UT2007 as well.
Sure wish they would overhaul the first UT though.