PDA

View Full Version : Voice and auto Taunts

RCvie
30th May 2005, 10:32 PM
The tuants system needs to be redone. For some reason I keep going back to UT99 for the in game taunts, they just flow better with the game. UT2k3/4 voices just seemed flat during combat. Even with custom voice packs.

If anyone has played the old 3D realms game Shadow Warrior its auto taunt system was fun. The game was so much better playing with sound.
Taunts were matched to the weapon you used as well as some general ones. Even if you did kill anybody with a volley of explosive rockets or granades he's still say something about firepower. He also had enemy specific taunts.
It was just more fun.

Anyone else interested in redoing the Taunt system?

Dark Pulse
30th May 2005, 11:01 PM
I like the 99 taunts better as well. Even though there were less voices, the taunts were all pretty individualized and it didn't sound "forced", not to mention they sounded genuinely like they were over a radio headset - tinny and full of static... something that 2kx didn't do too well, making it sound more like it was over a shortwave radio transceiver.

Plus I miss Male2's "You be dead!" taunt. The second I heard a 2kx Juggernaut say it I almost cried.

krjal
30th May 2005, 11:26 PM
Considering the level of voice and bot interaction I'm expecting something pretty decent.

I agree that UT2K3/4s wasn't that good but it wasn't crap either. It'll have to be improved in the next one though :D

NeoNite
31st May 2005, 06:12 AM
I have the UT2003 voicepacks for UT(came with some mod iirc). It... just isn't the same..
Even for the "brief" time I used them in UT2003, wasn't really impressed. It isn't, indeed, quite the same as UT's voicepacks.

MxX
31st May 2005, 08:36 AM
Yap the old voicepacks were just better and weapon combined taunts la Duke 3D or Shadow Warrior are really cool and should definitaly be included. e.g.: a decent "Rest in Pieces" after feeding the enemy with your RL or Flak just rocks! *g*

RCvie
31st May 2005, 09:50 AM
I always like "I stick a firecracker your ass" when a rocket gibs them in Shadow Warrior. And to make a Bender voicepack that has the right insult for the right weapon and character would be cool.

NeoNite
31st May 2005, 10:10 AM
I like combining the warcow with the male2 voicepack :D It's hilarious.

Or Chewbacca the wookie. That's even better.

MxX
1st Jun 2005, 12:34 AM
I always like "I stick a firecracker your ass" when a rocket gibs them in Shadow Warrior. And to make a Bender voicepack that has the right insult for the right weapon and character would be cool.

"oh, splitting personality" was always very fitting when an enemy was seperated in 2 parts *g*

or when the nuclear rocket made some chaos... "Just like Hiroshima", that would be fit for redeemer *lol* but I think they won`t include such things...

@NN
yeah, chewbacca simply rules *g*
One very cool VP was a cybernetic nali *lol*, pretty useless but funny :)

FireCrack
1st Jun 2005, 01:17 AM
Especialy all the backup screams were very good,

"Medic!!"

"Man down!" (this one sounded quite terrified IIRC)

"I'm under heavy attack"

MxX
1st Jun 2005, 02:11 AM
Hang in there was also quite cool :)

FireCrack
1st Jun 2005, 02:52 AM
that's the one, preety much every one where you head a weapon going off in the background was awesome.

MxX
1st Jun 2005, 03:11 AM
yap, that made "Im hit" much more realistic

NeoNite
1st Jun 2005, 05:38 AM
My favourite taunts:

"My house"
"Ha ha ha" (used to hate it, but now I love using it :D..)
"You like that?"
"You suck!"
"Useless"
"Yeehaw"
"Burn baby"

MxX
1st Jun 2005, 06:59 AM
My favourite taunts:

"My house"
"Ha ha ha" (used to hate it, but now I love using it :D..)
"You like that?"
"You suck!"
"Useless"
"Yeehaw"
"Burn baby"

mine:
"Useless"
"Target eleminated"
"Ha Ha Ha"
"Witness my perfection"