perhaps new weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skrilax

May 13, 2005
well lets just say ut has great weapons!!Can't imagine ut2007 without a flak or shock rilfe, but when i look at the list of weapon i noticed that there isn'y any new weapons :eek:
couldn't they make a few new weapons???i should be really fun because if i play ut2007 it's ut2004 but than just prettier.
or make some weapons come form other unreal games like return to napali or unreal 2:p

Last edited:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Just because they are they are named the same doesn't mean they will behave exactly like they do in ut2k4 or ut. They are still figuring out exactly what they'll be doing with different firing modes on certain weapons. I heard they were tossing around a lot of crazy ideas for the impact-hammer alt fire.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Looking at the current (UT2k4) weaponset I think it is difficult to design anything 'new' that is both interesting and useful.

The Ripper (or whatever they're going to call it now) and some kind of flame-gun are probably the only 'realistic' alternatives that could be added without disturbing the current balance.

Skrilax

May 13, 2005
anyway you guys know which weapon this is??? :eek:
envy_unknownweapon.jpg

i think its the avril altough it seems kinda small
but this is an ut2007 weapon i saw it in Pczone uk magazine ;)

killalot0

May 26, 2005
gregori said:
No, they will probably be the same old weapons plus some tweaks and that which is a bit dissapointing

i hear doom 3 has different weapons then 2k4 why dont you play that game :p.
seriously though what esle do u espect a compleet whipe of everything that makes UT?

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I was hoping for some new designs on an old premise at least...
COMPLETELY new...

I always use this as my example and I shall again. Look at the tribes spinfuzor. In essence it's a rocket launcher weapon... without being an actual rocket launcher.
They could have had a flak cannon but change the design completely. I'd love to see it represented in 2k7 as a huge honking shotgun or something of that nature.
Or what about a weapon that was shoulder mounted....
just SOMETHING different than the usualy same styled weapons... three barreled RL, etc.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
no my friend killalot0, i do play doom 3 and that does well doing standard FPS weapons,
What really made the unreal series famous was that it didn't do standard fps weapons,
it had fun, imaginative and crazy weapons, it was just that little bit off!,
Now, those weapons are getting a little stale imo and it time to move on and do some new imaginative stuff, i'm not going to buy a prettier ut2004!

in response to BoogGiTyBoy's ideas i think a shoulder mounted rocket launcher could work with a hand mounted laser targeter or a link gun that looks like a minigun, or an asmd shock pistol(like the plasma pistol in avp)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
gregori said:
i'm not going to buy a prettier ut2004!/QUOTE]

I am ! :D

Im pretty sure 2007 is going to be as differnt as 2003/4 was to UT. Witch is differnt enough for me :)

Vault

May 29, 2005
should we just have sticky thread where everyone expresses their weapons ideas? i think so

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Vault said:
should we just have sticky thread where everyone expresses their weapons ideas? i think so
Vault are you planning to keep that "50 posts a day record"?

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
I would like to see a flamme thrower both to help you to retreat and to act as a kind of wall so you can be hidden while you retreat. of course it could be an offensive weapon too!!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The reason was spam reduction. It helped a lot.

RoF reduction could have helped as well, and Radiosity's Ripjack is pretty cool, though lacks a bit of balance I think (though I only used it breifly). I haven't seen how it's balanced in UC2, but the guns on that are "kicked up a notch" so's to be useful at all with a controller (as far as I can tell).

Personally, I think they have most angles of attack covered, and the weapon set isn't really missing anything. Tweaking the current weapon set for further balance yet again, is the best thing they can do IMO. It's the best so far, and if they can continue to make it better, I'm all for that.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
moonflyer said:
i know it could be risky to design totoally new weapons, but i am with you to request more original and fresh design, which was a part of ut spirit, i believe

Well what I meant was if they need to keep the "standard" weapons in the game, such as the rocket launcher/flak/shock rifle, it would be nice to see them totally redesign the look so they don't look like upgraded versions of their old counterparts.

I like gregori's idea of the shoulder-mounted rocket launcher with a pistol like "targeter". Reminds me of the Cyclone missle terminators from Warhamer 40k. :D

Even if they made some minor changes to an old idea it would be welcome to me at least... 3 games later they can't come up with a different color for shock than purple? Variety is the spice of life.

Vault

May 29, 2005
a gun that shoots out bait. Like in Half-Life 2 when you shoot the bait, and ant lions come..... they should have that for UT2007 (except, you know, not ant lions)

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Throwable axes excepts they're futuristic shiny things_____like the design of the ripper/razorjack________anyway they have a anti matter bomb built inside so the embed into target with a delayed but satisfying explosion, also they have a similar exploison radius to the shock combo and are ideal for sabotaging vehicles esp blowing the tracks of tanks,

they embed into wall and behave as proxy devices or remote detonational,
you can also teleport the axe back to yourself if unused much like the translocator!

Call them a tomahawk
i can imagine it be very pleaing landing one in a target because they will move in a large arc!